MONTREAL -- Agnieszka Radwanska was the best, most consistent player all week, and thats what made her the womens Rogers Cup cha

in Marie97's Ranch 13.03.2019 07:04
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Agnieszka Radwanska was the best, most consistent player all week, and thats what made her the womens Rogers Cup champion. Chris Mullin Jersey . The third-seeded Radwanska, the first Rogers Cup champion from Poland, defeated Venus Williams 6-4, 6-2 to pick up her first tournament win of the year at the US$42.44 hardcourt event and the $441,000 winners prize. The 34-year-old Williams earned $220,000. The 25-year-old Radwanska used her relentless baseline game to dominate a tired and impatient Williams on Sunday, who was coming off an emotional, three-set victory over her top-ranked sister Serena Williams in a semifinal on Saturday. "I think I was playing much better every match," said Radwanska. "I didnt start that well from my first match, but every match was much better. "Thats why I think I sitting right here now with you (reporters). I was feeling the balls much better." The Krakow, Poland native shot off to a 4-1 lead, but Venus Williams answered with a break that had the centre court crowd on its feet as Radwanska hit a drop shot, Williams dropped back, Radwanska hit a lob and Williams got back in time to win the point with a cross-court smash. Radwanska settled back in to finish the set and opened the second with a service break. After Williams broke to tie it at 2-2, she gave the break to Radwanska with a pair of double faults. Radwanska cruised the rest of the way, punctuating her victory with an ace on match point. Radwanska, ranked fifth in the world to Williams 26th, posted her first Rogers Cup win after twice reaching the semifinals. It was her first tournament victory since 2013 at Seoul. Williams, a seven-time Grand Slam winner, had an excellent week that will put her back into the world top-20 starting Monday. It included wins over sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber and 14th-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro. She fell short in her bid to become the events oldest champion after Martina Navratilova, who won 52 days short of her 33rd birthday in 1989. "Its been a really long week," said Williams. "I played like six matches in a row. "Against her, you really have to be patient. Today I just didnt have everything to be patient and really work the point. I wanted to give more, but I just didnt have it. It felt great to play so well this week. I really would like to think under circumstances where I could give everything I have, that the results could have been a little different." Organizers announced the tournament drew 181,996 spectators, topping the previous high of 175,000. Sales were boosted by the recent success of Eugenie Bouchard, but the Westmont, Que., native lost her first match on Tuesday to Shelby Rogers. Rick Barry Jersey . "I have had no discussions with Chad Johnson or his representation," Popp said Friday in an email. However, he appeared to confirm a report on Twitter from TSN this week that Johnson was on Montreals negotiation list. DeMarcus Cousins Jersey . "It was awesome," he said. Coming off an ugly three-game sweep at the hands of the Yankees, Toronto found itself in a deep hole early after the Reds put an eight spot up on starter Liam Hendriks (six runs in 1 2/3 innings pitched) and Todd Redmond in the second. http://www.cheapwarriorsjerseysstore.com/?tag=authentic-nate-thurmond-jersey . Its great to be back for another season in Banditland, and Im looking forward to another competitive season with my teammates, said Tavares.The 2014 NBA Draft will be a historic one for Canadian basketball, with as many as seven players from Canada - three of them as high as the first round - possibly selected. In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Watch the 2014 NBA Draft on TSN, Thursday at 7pm et/4pm pt. Name: Tyler EnnisFrom: Brampton, OntarioPlayed: Syracuse University Height: 62Weight: 180 Position: Point Guard2013-2014 Stats: 12.9 points, 5.5 assists, 2.1 steals Breakout Game: 14 points, 9 assists in win vs. Duke Feb 1st.Accolades: 2013 - 14 All-ACC Defensive team, Second team All-ACC, finished amongst 10 finalists for Naismith Player of the Year voting. Draft Projection: Mid-late first round.Comparable NBA player: Jrue Holiday While all attention was focused on the impact Andrew Wiggins would make in his first season as a one-and-done player, Tyler Ennis quietly and confidently did the same. Maturity and poise are two things consistently said about Ennis, and with good reason. As a freshman the 62 Brampton, Ontario native expertly and efficiently lead the Orange to a 28-6 record and a No. 1 ranking in the country. The only person who wasnt surprised by Ennis breakout season was Ennis. It wasnt a case of over confidence, but merely confidence. His assuredness in his abilities and talents is what kept him cool in late game situations, where he able to make clutch plays or scoring game-winning baskets. A point guard in everyy sense of the term, he looks for his teammates first and creates opportunities for them - yet is still able to find his own shot when necessary, keeping defenses honest. Latrell Sprewell Jersey. For a 19-year-old, he plays a very cerebral game. Taking care of the basketball, he averaged a miserly 1.7 turnovers, reads the floor very well and knows when to pass or make the play himself. Ennis doesnt shy away from the moment, and has a quick enough first step to get to the basket and possess a reliable jumper with good range. He is a legitimate triple threat with a competitive spirit. His strength and explosiveness are questionable, yet strength is always a concern for many collegians moving to the next level. He isnt the quickest point guard, but makes up for lack of speed in a number of different areas. Defensively, he will have to grow as he has had the luxury of sitting in Jim Boeheims zone defense, picking passing lanes and not facing one-on-one match-ups, that he will see in the pros. Ennis has slipped out of the lottery, yet is still the best point guard in the draft. He has the poise and skill set to step into a starting situation right now in the NBA and run an offense, not just getting by on his physical gifts. Ennis again is seemingly flying under the radar, with the entire attention on other one-and-done prospects, with good reason. There is no doubt or wonder in what you will get, which is why he will make the jump to the next level. For Ennis, the belief in himself wouldnt let him do otherwise. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: