"Let us honor Nelson Mandela by letting his lega

in News 15.03.2019 01:51
von zhouyueyue • 1.039 Beiträge

NICOSIA Wholesale Borussia Dortmund Jersey , Feb. 25 (Xinhua) -- Russia and Cyprus renewed a defense cooperation agreement during an official visit by President Nicos Anastasiades to Moscow, an official statement issued in Nicosia said on Wednesday.

The statement said the agreement extends military facilities for Russia in Cyprus providing for the anchoring of Russian warships in Cypriot ports.

It did not mention landing of military aircraft at an air base or storage facilities which Russian ambassador to Cyprus Stanislav Osadchiy had said Moscow had requested from Cyprus.

Cyprus had initially said that it would extend to Russia facilities offered to other countries, such as France which has been given landing rights for its military aircraft at Paphos air base and Germany, which enjoys port facilities in Cypriot ports.

Cypriot foreign Minister Ioannis Kasoulides had also said that a Russian request for storage facilities at Limassol port, next to a British air base Wholesale Bayern Munich Jersey , was positively viewed but it had to wait until plans for the extension of the port were implemented.

But the Cypriot government has recently been trying to play down the scope of its defense cooperation with Russia in the face of displeasure by Britain, which maintains on the island one of the biggest NATO military facilities.

The defense cooperation agreement was one of a total of 10 agreements signed on Wednesday after Anastasiades met with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

They include cooperation in the sectors of the economy, energy, defense and security and mutual promotion of investments.

Cyprus is trying to offset the effects of Russia's de-offshorisation legislation aimed at convincing Russian offshore businesses to relocate to their motherland.

Income from offshore companies domiciled in Cyprus, most of them Russian Wholesale Barcelona Jersey , account for about 15 percent of the island's Gross Domestic Product.

A Cypriot government spokesman, in remarks to the state radio, dismissed Cypriot press reports that Cyprus had to choose to disappoint either Russia or the European Union and the United States with President Anastasiades's visit to Moscow.

The spokesman said that Cyprus maintains the best of relations with both Russia and the United States.

Anastasiades himself, in remarks during meetings with Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, said that his visit to Moscow demonstrated the determination of Russia and Cyprus to preserve their close friendship independently of any other cooperation with other countries.

He said he was grateful for Russia's support over the Cyprus political issue and Putin reciprocated by thanking Anastasiades for his opposition to European Union sanctions against Russia over Ukraine and Cyprus's support for Russian voting rights in the Council of Europe.

Anastasiades also said that Cyprus is the most credible voice of Russia within the European Union and added that it is trying to promote an improvement in relations between Russia and the EU.

UNITED NATIONS Wholesale Chelsea Jersey , Dec. 19 (Xinhua) -- The President of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) John Ashe on Thursday called on the international community to keep Nelson Mandela's legacy alive in the struggle against poverty and injustice.

Ashe made the call during a special meeting convened at UN headquarters in New York to honor the South African freedom fighter and leader who passed away on Dec. 5.

In his speech to the meeting, Ashe described Mandela as "a most unusual man" who moved a nation, a continent and the world around him through his actions, his words and his thoughts.

The UNGA president said this past week the collective thoughts of the international community have been with the Mandela family, the people and government of South Africa who are mourning the loss of Mandela Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jersey , affectionately known as Madiba, and celebrating his glorious life.

"The tributes have been numerous and generous for this beloved leader whose life's work and example touched and inspired people in every part of the world. Today, in this Assembly of Nations, we gather to add our voices to that chorus of tributes and to reaffirm global admiration for the exceptional qualities that Madiba exhibited during his lifetime," he said.

Ashe noted these qualities are "invaluable to the life and dignity of all peoples Wholesale AS Roma Jersey , and transcend the boundaries of race, ethnicity, language, culture, and geography."

"Let us remember that we can also be like him -- because we too can choose the better way Wholesale Arsenal Jersey , choose to work toward those causes that are greater and better than our narrow interests," he said.

"Let us honor Nelson Mandela by letting his legacy live on in our continuing struggle against poverty, injustice and the destruction of the human person and human spirit, and by setting an example for our children and our children's children that allows them to see and emulate the best virtues which reside within members of the human family," he added..

The president further urged representatives of UN member states to remember that "we too must work together to reduce hunger Wholesale AC Milan Jersey , and injustice, to build lasting peace and sustainable development, to stop genocide and combat hatred."

I used to keep problems to myself. I never want to ask for help. This is because I feel that if I ask for help, it will reflect badly on my capability to deal with personal problems. In other words, I was too proud to ask for help.

For example Cheap Tottenham Hotspur Jersey , if all my peers know how to swim very well and I have difficulty learning to swim, I will be too proud to ask them to share and teach me how to swim well. I am afraid that they will laugh at my inability to swim.

Another reason that I never want to ask for help is that I do not feel secure sharing my personal problems with people. I feel that if I share my personal problems with people, they think that I am a problematic person.

For example, I do not d. Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Online Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Authentic MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap Cheap Authentic NHL Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: