nt he brings to the top of the

in Fragen 17.03.2019 02:41
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Clevelands franchise-record 14-game winning streak was stopped by a big day for Torontos sluggers and a contentious replay call.Initially called out at home during Torontos three-run eighth inning, Ezequiel Carrera was ruled safe after a replay review, and the Blue Jays beat the Indians 9-6 on Saturday despite a cycle by Rajai Davis.Indians manager Terry Francona said he was shocked the call on Carrera was overturned.They keep telling us it has to be conclusive, Francona said. I will look forward to an explanation that I understand. As of now, from what Ive seen, I dont know how they did that.Toronto star Josh Donaldson hit a tying solo shot off Dan Otero in the seventh, and then made it 7-6 with an RBI single in the eighth. Michael Saunders added a two-run double, and Roberto Osuna pitched the ninth for his 16th save.They were fortunate enough to throw the last punch and that was the outcome of the game, Cleveland reliever Tommy Hunter said.Edwin Encarnacion and Troy Tulowitzki also homered for Toronto, which lost 2-1 in 19 innings on Friday, matching the longest game in Blue Jays history. Jason Grilli (2-2) pitched one inning for the win.Davis became the eighth player in Cleveland history to hit for the cycle. He led off the game with a homer, tripled home a run in the third, doubled and scored in the seventh and singled in the ninth.That was very impressive, Francona said. Hes been such a spark for us in so many ways.Carlos Santana also homered for Cleveland, which lost for the first time since a 9-4 defeat at Kansas City on June 15. It had won eight straight on the road.Carrera drew a one-out walk off Otero (2-1) in the eighth and went to second on a base hit by Devon Travis. Hunter came on to face Donaldson, who hit a single into shallow center.Carrera had to hold up to make sure the ball dropped, and was called out by home plate umpire D.J. Reyburn. Toronto challenged the call and Carrera was ruled safe after the review.I definitely thought I had him in the leg, Indians catcher Chris Gimenez said. The explanation they gave us was his arm got in there before I tagged him. I dont necessarily think that was the case.Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said his team caught a break by getting the call overturned.We liked what we saw but you never know for sure, Gibbons said.Battling a sore back, Blue Jays starter Marco Estrada allowed three runs and five hits in five innings, failing to extend his major league-record stretch of 12 starts of six innings pitched with no more than five hits allowed.I dont know if I can do this again, Estrada said. If it hurts as much as it did today, Im probably going to have to watch the next game.Cleveland, which used Saturdays scheduled starter Trevor Bauer for the final five innings Friday, recalled left-hander Shawn Morimando from Double-A Akron and designated utilityman Michael Martinez for assignment. Morimando then worked 3 2/3 innings in relief, allowing two runs and six hits.JOYLESS SIXCleveland lost for the third time in 33 games when scoring at least six runs.BEEN A WHILEThe last player to hit for the cycle against Toronto was Hall of Famer George Brett, who did it on July 25, 1990.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: 3B Juan Uribe left after being hit on the right hand in the sixth. Uribe got an RBI when he was hit by Joe Biagini with the bases loaded. Francona said X-rays were negative but said Uribe may have lost a fingernail. Francisco Lindor came on to play shortstop in the seventh and Jose Ramirez moved to third.Blue Jays: INF Ryan Goins, one of two position players to pitch for Toronto on Friday, was placed on the 15-day DL with a sore right forearm.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Corey Kluber (8-7, 3.50 ERA) pitches on Sunday. He has won back-to-back starts, allowing two runs and six hits in 17 innings.Blue Jays: LHP J.A. Happ (10-3, 3.70 ERA) gets the ball on Sunday. He is 2-1 with a 3.38 ERA in five career games against the Indians, including four starts. Caleb Swanigan Jersey . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Wade Baldwin Jersey . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. http://www.cheapblazersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-brandon-rush-jersey . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Evan Turner Jersey .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Terry Porter Jersey .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. SAN DIEGO -- In sports, wreaking havoc is a term more reserved for outside linebackers who crush running backs and sack quarterbacks.But Padres manager Andy Green recently said wreaking havoc is exactly what 185-pound center fielder Travis Jankowski is doing these days.Travis is dynamic right now, Green continued in his assessment of the very fast, 25-year-old Jankowski after his three-game series against the Milwaukee Brewers.Jankowski was 6-for-11 against the Brewers with four infield hits and a double. He also drew three walks. And Jankowski was just getting started when he reached base. He stole five bases in the three games, including a steal of home, and made two exception catches in center.Since getting a chance to start every day with the arm fracture that sidelined Jon Jay on June 28 and the July 24 trade that dispatched Melvin Upton Jr. to Toronto, Jankowski has become a force as the Padres lead-off hitter.Padres fans, who have seen many of the clubs leading players move on, have become enamored with the 6-foot-2 speedster with the flowing golden locks and perpetually dirty uniform.Hes making the most of his chance to play, Green said. Hes jump-started us with the excitement he brings to the top of the order. Hell do anything he can to get on base. And once on base, hes an instant threat to be on second or third.Jankowski will again be at the top of order Friday night as the Padres face Phillies right-hander Jeremy Hellickson of the Philadelphia Phillies in the opener of a three-game series at Petco Park.Yes, Heellickson is still with the Phillies.ddddddddddddFor weeks before the trading deadline, rumors swirled that the 29-year-old right-hander would be traded -- even though a hand injury in the days leading up to the deadline clouded the issue.But the Phillies decided to hold onto Hellickson, who is 8-7 with a 3.70 ERA in 22 starts entering Friday nights matchup with Padres left-hander Christian Friedrich (4-6, 4.72 ERA).Phillies general manager Matt Klentak decided having a veteran on a young staff was better than acquiring another prospect.Theres a huge value in having a veteran starter who can give us six and seven innings every start on a staff of young pitchers, said Klentak of Hellicksons value as the trading deadline passed Monday.Im glad to still be with the Phillies, Hellickson said. I want to stay a part of this.Friedrich, meanwhile, is coming off his best start since the All-Star break. He held the Cincinnati Reds to one run on five hits and a walk over six innings Saturday night at Petco Park. In his previous seven starts, Friedrich was 1-5 with a 7.86 ERA while pitching into the sixth inning only twice.The secret for me is to put the ball where I need to put it, Friedrich said after Saturdays outing against the Reds.I like Friedrich, Green said. Hes an extremely competitive person. He knows what he has to do to get people out. And when he struggles, he doesnt panic. He remains focused. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: