the third man in the cage.Its been a

in Fragen 17.03.2019 07:37
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Wheres Tommy?Chicago Cubs infielder Tommy La Stella was assigned to Triple-A Iowa on July 29, but hasnt reported after 11 days and the Cubs werent exactly sure of his whereabouts this week.So Chicago decided to place La Stella on the temporarily inactive list on Tuesday as they await a decision on if or when he will report to the minors and resume his career.Ive texted him, I talked to him a couple of days ago, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said on Tuesday. I dont have a lot to report other than hes not here, hes not in Triple-A and hes back home working out.Hes not angry, hes not upset. Hes just at that point now he doesnt know exactly what he wants to do, Maddon said.La Stella was reportedly unhappy with the transfer to Iowa, but it wasnt necessarily performance-related. A versatile infielder and left-handed batter, La Stella was hitting .295 with two home runs and eight RBI in 51 games this season.But Chicago had options left with La Stella and he didnt have to clear waivers unlike players like Matt Szczur and Chris Coghlan, who have also spent time this season in the minors.And any transfer to Iowa was viewed as temporary. LaStella was likely to be back when rosters expand on Sept. 1 and even sooner if a key injury occurred.Hopefully hes going to get back relatively soon, said Maddon. Wed love to have him back.LaStella, 27, was optioned to Triple-A as the Cubs activated Coghlan off the 15-day disabled list.La Stella has made no public comment.Angels right-hander Tim Lincecum, a Cy Young Award winner while with the San Francisco Giants, had no issues with accepting a demotion to Triple-A Salt Lake City with an eye to regaining his earlier form.Were really happy that Tim is going to go down and pitch, Angels manager Mike Scioscia told reporters. We all feel that theres a major league pitcher that is hopefully going to blossom out of the pitcher thats making adjustments like Tim (is).The Angels also shuffled other pitchers around on Tuesday.They claimed left-hander Brett Overholtzer off waivers from Philadelphia, placed right-hander Cam Bedrosian on the 15-day disabled list (middle finger tendinitis) and selected the contract of right-hander A.J. Achter from Triple-A Salt Lake.The short Wrigley Field series concludes on Wednesday as the Angels send recently-acquired right-hander Ricky Nolasco (4-8, 5.23 ERA) against Cubs righty Jason Hammel (11-5, 3.07 ERA).The start will be Nolascos second with the Angels since arriving in an Aug. 1 trade with the Minnesota Twins. He did not factor in his first start last Thursday, allowing five earned runs on six hits in a six-inning outing.Jason Heyward is 8-for-23 (.348) with a solo home run against Nolasco, while Miguel Montero has gone 6-for-24 (.250) with a homer and seven RBI against him. Anthony Rizzo is 3-for-7 with a double, a homer and two RBI.As for Hammel, Mike Trout is the only active Angels player who has taken him deep. Trout is 4-for-13 (.308) with a homer and two RBI against Hammel. Albert Pujols is 3-for-11 (.273) with an RBI and three walks while Yunel Escobar is 5-for-26 (.192) with an RBI and four strikeouts.Jamal Crawford Jersey . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Andrew Wiggins Jersey . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. http://www.cheaptimberwolvesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-anthony-brown-jersey . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. Kevin Garnett Jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Amile Jefferson Jersey . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont.LOS ANGELES -- Jon Jones is unhappy with the Nevada Athletic Commissions decision to assign referee John McCarthy to his light heavyweight title bout against Daniel Cormier next month at UFC 200.I would prefer any other referee but him, Jones said Tuesday.Jones and Cormier will meet in the main event of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, continuing their lengthy rivalry. Jones is hoping to reclaim the 205-pound belt that was stripped from him last year after his involvement in a hit-and-run accident.Jones manager contacted the Nevada commission last week to register their camps displeasure with the assignment of McCarthy, a veteran official who has presided over countless big fights. The Nevada commission determined Jones complaint wasnt substantive enough to change the assignment.Jones (22-1) declined to be precise about the reasons for his objection to McCarthy but left little doubt he is still bothered by the athletic commissions choice for the third man in the cage.Its been a mixture of many things throughout the years, Jones said. Just the energy. I dont feel like we have the best energy, and its been an accumulation of some things that was happening during some fights and just our personal interactions.McCarthy refereed Jones title defenses against Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort and Alexander Gustafsson. Jones repeatedly has said his narrow victory over Gustafsson was the toughest fight of his career, not his victory over Cormier (17-1) in Januaryy 2015.dddddddddddd.Jones realizes his objection to McCarthy likely will have no impact, but he remains disappointed.For me, this is my life, Jones said. This is my story. This is my legacy. This is everything to me, and if I dont agree with his energy that he brings to the fight, if I was him, I wouldnt want to be a part of it. Im not going to go so far as to say, Youre not welcome, but why would you even want to be a part of someones big night that doesnt want you in there with them? I would respect that and say, Ill back out of this one. I dont need to be in this fight if they dont want me.I dont feel as if weve had the best interactions over the years, and I would just really hope hes not the referee.Jones made eight title defenses in a 3?-year span while becoming the fighter widely considered to be the worlds best mixed martial artist. But he was stripped of his belt last year after the latest in a string of behavioral problems.Cormier lost a clear decision to Jones in their first meeting, but he claimed the vacant belt four months later by beating Anthony Johnson. Cormier defended the belt with a win over Gustafsson in October.Jones and Cormier were scheduled to meet in April, but Cormier pulled out with a foot injury. Jones beat late replacement Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, winning his first fight in 15 months. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: