ACCs top coach

in Fragen 20.03.2019 03:53
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.801 Beiträge

FRANKFURT, Germany -- Miroslav Klose, the top scorer in World Cup history, has retired from Germanys national squad a month after the team won the title for the fourth time. Cheap Air Jordan Shoes For Sale . The 36-year-old Klose scored twice in Brazil, making him the highest-scoring player in the tournaments history with 16 goals, one ahead of Ronaldo. It was Kloses fourth World Cup tournament. With a career total of 71 goals, Klose is also the highest-scoring player for Germany. He is also the second most capped Germany player with 137 games. "The title in Brazil fulfilled a childhood dream of mine," Klose said in a statement posted Monday on the German national teams website. "I am proud and happy that I could contribute to this great success for the German football. There is no better time to close the national team chapter." Klose is the second member of the World Cup-winning side to step down after captain Philipp Lahm. While Lahms retirement came as a surprise, but Kloses move was expected. The pairs retirement will be marked at a ceremony before the Sept. 3 friendly against Argentina, the rival Germany beat 1-0 in the World Cup final. Neither will play, the German federation said. Germany coach Joachim Loew called Klose a "world star," and "one of the greatest strikers in football." Klose was always Loews preferred striker and he was the only true striker in the World Cup squad in Brazil. Klose started the tournament on the bench but returned to the starting 11 when Loew decided to abandon the "false nine" formation and use a striker again. "You can always rely on Miro Klose, he kept his word," Loew said. "The same thing happened in Brazil, I knew that Miro would be top fit when it mattered." Born in Poland, Klose moved with his family to Germany at an early age and always played for his adopted homeland. Klose made his debut as a substitute for Germany in a World Cup qualifier against Albania on March 24, 2001, and scored the winning goal in a 2-1 victory. "The success of the team was always my priority," Klose said. With 71 goals for Germany, Klose surpassed the legendary Gerd Mueller (68). Only Lothar Matthaeus played more games for Germany at 150. Klose played for Kaiserslautern, Werder Bremen and Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga before moving to Italian club Lazio in 2011, where he has another season on his contract. Air Jordan Shoes Uk . With their coach gone, they finally played offence the way he would have wanted. Amare Stoudemire made all seven shots in the first half, Anthony passed and shot well, and the Knicks shook off the surprising departure of their coach to rout the Portland Trail Blazers 121-79 on Wednesday night, snapping a six-game losing streak. Cheap Authentic Jordans . The club announced on Wednesday that Malhotra signed a 25-game professional tryout contract. The 33-year-old suffered a serious eye injury when struck by a puck during a game versus Colorado in March of 2011. http://www.airjordansaleuk.com/ . The Canadiens captain, who underwent surgery on his injured biceps in the off-season, had been skating with the team in a non-contact capacity since last week.Charlotte, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Georgia Tech has rewarded head football coach Paul Johnson with a four-year contract extension through the 2020 season. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Johnsons contract was set to expire after the 2016 campaign. The Yellow Jackets finished 10-2 in the regular season and reached the ACC title game for third time in Johnsons seven seasons at the helm. Im pleased to announce an extension of Paul Johnsons contract, said Georgia Tech athletic director Mike Bobinski in a statement prior to Saturdays ACC championship game against Florida State. This extension reflects our confidence in the solid foundation Coach Johnson has built for the future success of our program, which reaches beyond the field and includes increasingly strong academic achievement. I look forward to Paul Johnsons continued leadership of our football program and am eexcited about the possibilities in the years ahead. Air Jordan Trainers Uk. . Georgia Tech is 58-34 under Johnson, who was named the ACCs top coach for the third time. In addition to this season, he also garnered the award in 2008 and 2009. I am excited that we were able to work out a contract extension, said Johnson on Saturday. I appreciate the support of our fans, students and alumni during my time here. My family and I are looking forward to being a part of Georgia Tech for a long time. The Yellow Jackets won the 2009 ACC title in Johnsons second season and have earned a bowl bid in each of the coachs first six years. Johnson previously coached at Navy for six seasons and Georgia Southern for five years. He led Georgia Southern to consecutive Division I-AA national championships in 1999 and 2000, and was The Sports Networks Eddie Robinson Award winner as I-AAs top coach in 1998. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: