Report: 49ers bringing in Tom Savage for a workout

in News 22.03.2019 03:56
von liny195 • 147 Beiträge

The San Francisco 49ers have lost quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to a torn ACL Cheap Dante Pettis Jersey , leaving C.J. Beathard as the starting quarterback and practice squad player Nick Mullens as the backup. The team will need to add at least a practice squad body, but they might be looking for some more competition. ESPN’s Jordan Schultz is reporting the 49ers are bringing in quarterback Tom Savage for a workout.My first thought was, what the [site decorum] are they thinking? Since entering the NFL in 2014, Tom Savage has proven to be nothing more than a mediocre at best quarterback. He had some decent moments in 2016, but for the most part has not been particularly good. So, why then are the 49ers interested?Well, it turns out Kyle Shanahan was a fan of Savage when the quarterback was coming out of college. Back in 2014 Cheap Ahkello Witherspoon Jersey , when Shanahan was the Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator, it was widely reported he was not interested in Johnny Manziel. Subsequent reports talked about his interest in Eastern Illinois prospect Jimmy Garoppolo, but it turns out he also might have been a fan of Savage coming out of school.Tom Savage has not impressed in the NFL, but the past interest would explain the plan to bring him in for a workout. I don’t see it as a good reason, but it’s a reason. The 49ers want someone to push Beathard in practice, and Shanahan would seem to think Savage might be able to do it. I disagree, but I’m not really an expert in these matters. We’ll see if we end up with a much hyped QB competition between C.J. Beathard and Tom Savage.Matt Breida ankle MRI comes back negative Fooch’s update: Kyle Shanahan announced that Breida is doubtful for Week 6 vs. the Green Bay Packers.The San Francisco 49ers dodged a bullet in Week 5. Running back Matt Breida suffered an ankle injury that looked bad http://www.49erscheapstore.com/marquise-goodwin-jersey-cheap , but fortunately is not a long-term injury. X-rays came back negative on Sunday, and an MRI came back negative on Monday, according to NBC Sports Bay Area reporter Matt Maiocco.Breida suffered the injury when Budda Baker fell on his ankle during a tackle attempt. The running back seemed to be in a lot of pain and needed help limping off the field. The trainers put tape on his ankle but he went back to the locker room and did not return. NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport reported on Sunday that it was not a serious ankle injury, and Breida seemed to think the same.The x-ray revealed no break, and the MRI revealed no significant ligament damage. A high ankle sprain involves ligament damage and can result in an absence of several weeks. Not having that damage could result in a relatively limited absence. As Maiocco said in his tweet, he has proven to be a quick healer amidst several injuries the past few weeks.The 49ers travel to face the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football in Week 6, so they have an extra day of rest for the players. My guess is Breida sits out the game Youth Mike Person Jersey , but like Maiocco said, he’s proven to be a quick healer. The 49ers return to practice Thursday, so we’ll see what the injury report brings.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15387 Themen und 15550 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: