Blake Snell is focused on pitching and not his minuscule salary increase.The AL Cy

in News 13.04.2019 02:57
von panxing18 • 144 Beiträge

CLEARWATER http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-konerko-jersey , Fla. (AP) — Young Award winner threw a called third strike past Bryce Harper with a 96 mph fastball in the first inning of the Tampa Bay Rays‘ 8-2 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday.Snell’s contract was renewed Sunday for a salary while in the majors of $573,700, a raise of $15,500 and a figure $18,700 above the major league minimum, which rose $10 Lucas Giolito Jersey ,000 to $555,000. His deal calls for a $291,000 salary in the unlikely event he is in the minors.The 26-year-old left-hander likely will be eligible for salary arbitration next winter. He declined to discuss his contract.Snell struck out two over two perfect innings.“Their lineup is nasty,” Snell said. “I really don’t key in on a guy. It’s a lefty, it’s righty, it’s what I focus on. I’ve got to attack the zone. They’re going to do what they do. I’m going to do what I do.”Snell is slated to start Tampa Bay’s March 28 against Justin Verlander and the Houston Astros.Tampa Bay also renewed the contracts of reliever Ryne Stanek ($564 http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-konerko-jersey ,200 in majors, $223,978 in minors) and infielder Joey Wendle ($570,400 in majors and $273,450 in minors). Patrick McDermott/Getty ImagesThe Baltimore Orioles reportedly parted ways with manager Buck Showalter on Wednesday.Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported that Showalter will not be back with the O's "in any capacity" next season.USA Today's Bob Nightengale first reported on September 21 that Showalter was expected to be canned following the conclusion of the 2018 season.For the Orioles, the move was a no-brainer.Baltimore was a major league-worst47-115this season andjoined the1962 New York Mets and 2003 Detroit Tigers as the only teams in the expansion era to win fewer than 50 games.Plus Reynaldo Lopez Jersey , Showalter was never a fit to lead the Orioles through what figures to be an extensive and arduous rebuild after Manny Machado, Zach Britton,Kevin Gausman,Darren O'Day andJonathan Schoop were all shipped out of town in advance of the trade deadline.Dan Szymborski of FanGraphs speculated that Showalter's relationship with general manager Dan Duquette may have played a role in his firing:Dan Szymborski DSzymborskiIm not surprised the Os are parting ways with Buck. I think you need a GM and a manager that are on the same page and its been increasingly apparent for the last six months that Duquette was more likely to stay.Showalter, 62, will now depart Baltimore with a669-684 recordacross eight seasons and change with the Orioles dating back to his installation as the club's manager midway through the 2010 campaign. All told Bruce Rondon Jersey , his career record sits at 1,551-1,517.The highlight of his time in Charm City came in 2014 when the Orioles went 96-66, captured the franchise's first American League East title since 1997 and made a run to the ALCS before their season was ended by the Kansas City Royals.Since then, the Orioles have managed one winning season as the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees re-established themselves as the class of the division.Showalter will now sit back and wait as spots open up in dugouts across MLB as he eyes a fresh start in a new locale.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: