was Niederreiter penalized, the call nullified what would have been a tying goal by Sebastian Aho with 12:54 left.“It kept me

in Marie97's Ranch 20.04.2019 03:44
von elaine95 • 183 Beiträge

COLUMBUS http://www.officialsharks.com/authentic-adidas-brent-burns-jersey , Ohio (AP) Hours after the trade deadline, the Columbus Blue Jackets had the kind of first-period offensive explosion they’ve been missing this season.The Blue Jackets scored four times in the opening period and went on to beat the Washington Capitals 5-1 on Monday night. One of the goals in that flurry came from Mark Letestu, who was acquired in a trade on Sunday.”When you come over at the deadline, you want to contribute right away,” said Letestu, who previously played four seasons for the Blue Jackets in 2011-15. ”That’s the way to earn the respect of some of the guys in the room.”Seth Jones and Cam Atkinson each had a goal and two assists as Columbus won its second game in three days and the first in four tries against the Capitals this season. Artemi Panarin had a goal and an assist , and Sonny Milano – who missed 18 games with an injury – also tallied, his first since Dec. 29.Sergei Bobrovsky had 25 saves for the Blue Jackets, who held onto the second wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference with a knot of teams still in contention. The Capitals dropped to second place behind Philadelphia in the Metropolitan Division.”They got pucks to the net Julien Gauthier Jersey Womens ,” Washington coach Barry Trotz said. ”They were winning all the puck races, the battles. We didn’t give ourselves a chance in the first because we didn’t match their enthusiasm.”Alex Ovechkin got his league-leading 39th goal for Washington. Braden Holtby had 12 saves for the Capitals in the first period, and Philipp Grubauer had 18 in the last two.In the opening period, 14 seconds after Washington’s Dmitri Orlov went to the penalty box for holding, Jones backhanded a pass to Panarin, who rifled a shot from the left circle for his team-leading 18th goal of the season.The Capitals took about 1 1/2 minutes to even it, with Ovechkin scoring a power-play goal from the left circle. Fifty-six seconds later, Alexander Wennberg centered up a shot for Milano, who delivered a spinning backhander from the slot to put Columbus up 2-1.”I don’t think many guys on our team could score that goal that he scored Womens Evander Kane Jersey ,” Columbus coach John Tortorella said.Letestu made it 3-1 with 5:28 left in the period when he buried a puck that Matt Calvert had shoveled out from behind the goal line. Jones went up over Holtby’s shoulder with a power-play goal from the point late in the period to give the Blue Jackets a three-goal lead at the first intermission.Atkinson capped the scoring for Columbus with a short-handed, empty-net goal late in the third period.Former Pittsburgh Penguin Ian Cole, acquired by Columbus from Ottawa on Monday, skated in the third defensive pairing with David Savard, and Tortorella praised his hustle and communication.”The bench was more alive,” Tortorella said. ”I think some guys relaxed after the deadline. We got contributions from everybody.”NOTES: Ovechkin played in his 984th game for Washington, passing Calle Johansson for the most in franchise history. He has five goals and an assist in the last five games. … Jones’ assist on Panarin’s goal was his 100th point with the Blue Jackets. … Milano scored his first goal since Dec. 29 after missing 18 games to injury and rehab. … Letestu is the sixth player to have two separate stints with the Blue Jackets. … D Taylor Chorney, who was claimed off waivers from Washington last week, was a scratch for Columbus. … The four-goal first period was the first of the season for the Blue Jackets. … Panarin has three goals and three assists in the last five games.UP NEXTWashington: Hosts Ottawa on Tuesday.Columbus: Plays at Los Angeles on Thursday.— NEWARK Authentic Joe Pavelski Jersey , N.J. (AP) — The only role the New Jersey Devils are likely going to have in the playoffs this season is being a spoiler, something the Carolina Hurricanes discovered.Marcus Johansson scored twice, a battered Keith Kinkaid made 32 saves and the Devils prevented the Hurricanes from moving into a playoff spot with a 3-2 victory Sunday.“In the end, it’s the win that counts,” said center Nico Hischier, who had assists on all three goals. “Everyone who is in the lineup has energy and wants to play well and wants to battle hard. Today everybody was ready to play and just play the game plan and in the end we earned the win.”Pavel Zacha also scored as the Devils snapped the Hurricanes’ three-game winning streak and handed them their fifth loss (13-5-1) in 19 games.Kinkaid certainly was the difference, stopping 23 of 25 shots over the final 40 minutes.“It’s never going to be easy but definitely a huge game for me,” said Kinkaid, who had lost six of his last seven decisions. “I felt really sharp and guys did a good job battling even when there was no second chances. If there was a second chance Joe Thornton Jersey , I just had to battle to give us the extra save. We gave a good effort, everyone was hustling back and not giving them easy outlets.”Dougie Hamilton and Teuvo Teravainen scored for Carolina, and Petr Mrazek made 18 saves. The Hurricanes have missed the playoffs the last nine seasons.The Hurricanes would have moved into the second wild-card spot ahead of idle Pittsburgh with a win.“Right now there is a sour taste because this game; we should have won that game,” Hurricanescoach Rod Brind’Amour said. “We needed it and they don’t, so that frustrates me.”The Devils are 13 points out of a playoff spot with 27 games to go.This was a tough game for Kinkaid in more ways than stopping shots. He took a stick in the face from Jordan Martinook with 7:23 left in the second period, was bowled over by Justin Williams later in the period and was knocked over again in the third when Nino Niederreiter interfered with Devils defenseman Damon Severson.Not only was Niederreiter penalized, the call nullified what would have been a tying goal by Sebastian Aho with 12:54 left.“It kept me engaged,” Kinkaid said. “I don’t mind the physicality as long as it doesn’t interfere with me stopping the puck.”Aho said the Hurricanes can’t dwell on this one.“This is one game,” he said. “We just keep playing the same way we played lately we can get to the playoffs.”Zacha and Johansson gave the Devils a 2-0 first-period lead.Hamilton cut the gap to 2-1 in the second Joonas Donskoi Jersey , but Johansson restored the two-goal margin at 15:56 of the third period after being set up by Jesper Bratt. Teravainen scored on a power-play with 1:27 to play after Carolina pulled Mrazek.“Once he beat his guy I kind of knew the puck was coming and I just tried to get in position,” said Johansson of Bratt. “It was a great play by him and I think that goal was all Bratter, that’s what he can do. He’s so fast and he’s sees the game so well. That was a heck of a play.”NOTES: NHL MVP Taylor Hall of New Jersey missed his 19th straight game with a lower-body issue. Devils D Sami Vatanen missed fifth straight because of a concussion. … Hurricanes held New Jersey without a shot for the opening 13:56 of second period.UP NEXTHurricanes: Finish five-game trip on Tuesday night at Ottawa.Devils: Start three-game trip on Tuesday night at St. Louis.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: