Felipe Vazquez Jersey

in Fragen 22.04.2019 04:15
von huangjian123 • 377 Beiträge

DENVER (AP) — Viewed as a power pitcher Leonys Martin Jersey , Jon Gray always felt he needed to rely on strikeouts.He altered that thinking. This is Jon Gray: Version 2.0.Gray threw effectively into the seventh inning and Ian Desmond hit a two-run triple in the sixth, leading the Colorado Rockies to a 6-2 win over the San Diego Padres on Wednesday night.“Jon wasn’t as crisp as we’ve seen him, but yet he pitched into the seventh inning,” Rockies manager Bud Black said.All part of his change.He was sent to the minors earlier this season to hone his command and Gray returned a different pitcher. He doesn’t rely on his fastball as much as he placed more faith in his breaking pitches.“It’s more of a controlled aggression than being aggressive,” Gray explained. “I’m not trying to make it nasty and throw it under their bat. I’m trying to make a quality pitch that’s sharp, that’s in the strike zone, but keeping it out of the heart of the plate.”Gray (10-7) went 6 1/3 innings and allowed two runs before running out of steam and turning it over to the bullpen. He’s now 3-0 with a 2.59 ERA over seven starts since his recall from Triple-A Albuquerque.“I hit the reset button,” Gray said.After allowing a run in the first, Gray settled into a groove against a Padres team that was missing infielder Wil Myers after he was a late scratch. Myers sustained a cut on his nose when a grounder hit him in the face while he was fielding during batting practice.Padres manager Andy Green said after the game there was no concussion.“He definitely took a hard one off the face. I don’t know that he was ever pretty but he’s definitely not pretty right now,” Green said. “Probably down (Thursday) and hope we can get him back in rhythm in L.A.”Myers was scheduled to make his eighth start at third base as the Padres experimented with sliding the veteran first baseman across the infield. Instead, Cory Spangenberg moved to third and Jose Pirela played second.Rockies catcher Tony Wolters added an RBI triple and a run-scoring sacrifice fly for the rolling Rockies, who began the day 1 1/2 games behind NL West-leading Arizona.Jacob Nix (1-2) turned in a solid outing in his first career road start. He allowed three runs over five innings.“There’s still very much to like and a lot to look forward to,” Green said of his right-hander.The Rockies improved to 24-24 against teams with a losing record. In contrast, they’re 45-33 versus those at or above the .500 mark.“It shows you why you can’t sleep on anybody,” said Carlos Gonzalez http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , who had an RBI single in the first.TRAINER’S ROOMPadres: INF Christian Villanueva has a fractured finger and will be placed on the disabled list, Green said.ROSTER MOVEThe New York Yankees acquired catcher Chris Rabago off waivers from the Rockies and optioned him to Double-A Trenton. The move freed up a spot on the 40-man roster for the Rockies, which could potentially be used to add Matt Holliday. The slugger is currently hitting .346 with Triple-A Albuquerque.GONE TO THE DOGSIt was a “ruff” night as a parade of pooches made their way around the field before the game as part of a promotion called “Bark at the Park.”“This is the tail end of the dog days” of summer, Black joked. “This is the back end of the dog days.”TROUBLESOME INNINGSpangenberg had an RBI double in the first, which has turned into a problematic inning for the Rockies. The starting pitchers have allowed 110 runs in the opening inning this season.START OF SOMETHINGThe Rockies have now won each of Gray’s last nine starts. It matches Ubaldo Jimenez’s stretch in 2010 for the team’s longest win streak during a pitcher’s starts in franchise history.THIS & THATGray was cruising along, retiring 12 straight, before SS Freddy Galvis lined a solo homer in the seventh. … Desmond scored two runs and stole a base.UP NEXTPadres LHP Joey Lucchesi (6-7, 3.79 ERA) makes his fourth career start against Colorado on Thursday. The Rockies counter with LHP Kyle Freeland (11-7, 2.96). He’s 7-2 with a 2.22 ERA in 11 starts at home. ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Yovani Gallardo and Joey Gallo both remain on a roll for the Texas Rangers.Gallo homered twice and drove in four runs, Gallardo won his fourth straight start and the Rangers held off the Seattle Mariners 11-7 on Wednesday.Gallardo (7-1) leads the majors with seven wins since June 23. He allowed three hits, two runs and three walks while striking out two in six innings.Through being released by Cincinnati in April, and then pitching at Triple-A Round Rock for more than two months, Gallardo said, “I’m the same guy http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , same person I’ve been throughout my career.”Rangers manager Jeff Banister agreed with Gallardo’s comments.“That’s who he is. He’s very similar to what we saw when he was here previously. He knows how to pitch in winning situations.”In 2015, Gallardo’s only other season with Texas, he was 13-11.Gallo also has been on a roll, with 10 of his 31 homers in his past 19 games. He went 3 for 5 to raise his batting average above .200 for the first time since June 16.Gallo’s homers against Seattle starter Marco Gonzales gave him 12 against left-handers this season, the most by a Texas left-handed batter since Rafael Palmeiro hit 15 in 2003.“I’ve always hit left-handers pretty good. I don’t really mind the lefties. My dad was lefty throwing to me when I was younger, so maybe that helped me.”Banister saw something else.“I think he’s calmer in the batter’s box.”Gonzales (12-7) gave up career highs of 12 hits and seven runs in five innings. He has lost two games in a row after a career-best five-game winning streak.“They were on him,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said. “You have to give them credit, they’ve been swinging the bat very well.”Seattle used five singles to score four runs in the seventh to pull within 7-6, but the Rangers answered with four runs to pull away.Mike Zunino hit two homers for the Mariners.The Rangers have supported Gallardo’s starts with 10.48 runs per inning. Their season-high 19 hits included 11 extra-base hits. Those were the most Texas extra-base hits and doubles (eight) in a game since 2011.Seattle led only in the first inning. With one out, Jean Segura walked, went to second base on Gallardo’s wild pitch and scored on Mitch Haniger’s single to center field.“That first inning went a little bit longer than I expected to,” Gallardo said. “The second inning I was able to get some early contact. Just getting weak contact.”The Rangers came back for a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the first.TRAINER’S ROOMMariners: 1B Ryon Healy (heat-related illness) and RHP Sam Tuivailala (strained right Achilles tendon) left the game. Manager Scott Servais said Tuivailala is likely to go on the disabled list. . RHP Erasmo Ramirez (strained shoulder muscle) is scheduled for a fifth injury rehab start, with Triple-A Tacoma. Ramirez has been on the disabled list since May 1. … RHPs Dan Altavilla (sprained elbow) and LHP Roenis Elias (strained triceps) will go on rehab assignments “real soon,” Servais said.Rangers: RF Nomar Mazara (sprained right thumb) will begin his rehab assignment with Triple-A Round Rock on Thursday.BY THE NUMBERSRangers shortstop Elvis Andrus doubled in the first inning to extend his hitting streak to 19 games, tying Cleveland’s Michael Brantley for the major league season high.MORE COLONOn Tuesday Jeimer Candelario Jersey , on his sixth try, Texas RHP Bartolo Colon reached a goal of 246 wins to become the winningest MLB pitcher born in Latin America. According to manager Jeff Banister, Colon will not be taking it easy. “We’re still in the same rotation as before (Tuesday’s) game. Colon is tied for 50th among all pitchers, with five of those ahead of him foreign-born. Hall of Fame pitcher Bert Blyleven, born in the Netherlands, holds the record for wins by a non-American-born pitcher with 287.UP NEXTMariners: Head to Houston on Thursday night, with LHP James Paxton (9-5, 3.51 ERA) opposing Astros RHP Justin Verlander (11-6, 2.19).Rangers: Travel to New York with rookie RHP Ariel Jurado (2-1, 4.02) against Yankees LHP J.A. Happ (11-6, 4.05).

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: