VIRGINIA WATER, England - It was not an easy phone call for European Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley — breaking the news to Luke

in Pferde ver-/ankauf 12.06.2018 10:33
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

VIRGINIA WATER, England - It was not an easy phone call for European Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley — breaking the news to Luke Donald that he was being left off the team to face the United States at Gleneagles this month. David Luiz Brazil Jersey . Donald is a former No. 1 who has lifted the trophy with Europe on each of his four Ryder Cup appearances. But he was the big omission when McGinley picked Stephen Gallacher, Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter as his three wild-card selections Tuesday. "That was a very, very difficult conversation — my relationship with Luke is very close," said McGinley, who was Donalds playing partner for the Englishmans first Ryder Cup match. "He was very, very disappointed, and rightly so. ...His record in the Ryder Cup stands with anybody in the game." Donald has one of the best short games in the world and is a brilliant putter, making him a key player in Europes wins in 2004, 06, 10 and 12. But he has struggled for form this year after making changes to his swing. Second place at the RBC Heritage in April was his last top-30 finish on the PGA Tour, a shadow of the player who rose to No. 1 and was the leading money-winner on both sides of the Atlantic in 2011. McGinley said Donald reacted in classy fashion when told he wasnt being selected. "Even though you have not picked me, I still believe youll be a great captain," McGinley quoted him as saying. "His last few words were: Go Europe. I think that says a lot about Luke." McGinley has three rookies in the 12-man team that will face the U.S. in Scotland from Sept. 26-28, with Gallacher joining Victor Dubuisson and Jamie Donaldson. The other players who qualified automatically for McGinleys team were Rory McIlroy, Henrik Stenson, Sergio Garcia, Justin Rose, Martin Kaymer, Thomas Bjorn and Graeme McDowell. McGinley announced his captains picks at European Tour headquarters at Wentworth hours before U.S. captain Tom Watson was to reveal his. McGinley said it came down to a choice between Donald and Westwood. "Lee just slightly pipped him," McGinley said. For McGinley, the fact Gallacher lives only 35 miles (56 kms) from Gleneagles and would be a crowd favourite did not factor into the decision-making process. "Theres no doubt Stevie Gallacher has proved himself and earned his spot on this team," McGinley said. The 39-year-old Scot narrowly missed out on automatic selection after finishing third at the Italian Open on Sunday. A top-two finish would have seen him oust McDowell as the final qualifier. But it was Gallachers eighth top-10 finish in 2014, leaving him as the form player of the four in contention. Gallacher has played well at Gleneagles in recent years, losing out in a three-man playoff at the Johnnie Walker Championship in 2013. "Of course its a concern to me that hes a rookie, and its very difficult to pick a rookie for a Ryder Cup," McGinley said. "But Ive said all along from day one, Im not afraid to pick a rookie if he proves himself." Gallachers uncle, Bernard, captained Europe in the Ryder Cup in 1991, 93 and 95. "Its massive for me and my family," Gallacher said after calling into the news conference. "It was a long day yesterday (waiting for the call) ... A couple of drinks settled me down nicely." Europe is defending the trophy after its 14 1/2-13 1/2 win over the United States at Medinah in 2012. Poulter, Westwood and Donald have been stalwarts for Europe over the past decade, helping the team win five of the last six cups, but havent been in top form this year. Poulter usually saves his best performances for the Ryder Cup. He has 12 wins from 15 matches, and is on a seven-match winning streak — the last four coming at the "Miracle in Medinah" when Europe came from 10-6 down on the final day to retain the cup. "Ian Poulter is a bundle of energy whenever you speak to him. You could feel the energy coming down the phone," McGinley said. Westwood will be playing in his ninth straight Ryder Cup, with his accuracy from tee to green likely counting in his favour. He has played well below his best for much of 2014 but won the Malaysian Open in April and responded to calls from McGinley to show some form by shooting a final-round 63 at the Bridgestone Invitational last month before finishing tied for 15th at the PGA Championship. "I think Paul has picked me for my experience," Westwood said. "I have played under eight different captains and pretty much seen all it can throw at you." Pele Brazil Jersey .ca. Hi Mr. Fraser, When I was watching the Heritage Classic in Vancouver there was a play midway through the third where Ottawa crashed the Canucks net and it came off its moorings. Lucas Moura Brazil Jersey . A spokeswoman for the NLRB says its "a very incremental move" and does not necessarily indicate the board is close to a finding in the case. NFL owners filed an unfair labour charge against the players union in February, arguing that the union was not negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement in good faith. http://www.soccerbrazilonline.com/Philippe-Coutinho-Copa-America-Jersey/ . A little more than one year after missing a last-second tip-in that would have given the Wolverines a share of the Big Ten regular-season title, the 6-foot-8 forward scored on a layup with 7.DETROIT - The Detroit Pistons have decided to invest in Jodie Meeks future, banking on his best basketball being ahead of him. Meeks has agreed to a $19.5 million, three-year deal with Detroit, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday night. The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because free agents cant sign contracts until the leagues moratorium ends July 10, also said Cartier Martin had agreed to a one-year contract with the rebuilding franchise. The 6-foot-4 Meeks averaged a career-high 15.7 points and scored a team-high 1,209 points last season for the Los Angeles Lakers. The shooting guard has averaged 9.7 points over his five-year career. Milwaukee drafted Meeks in the second round in 2009 and traded him during his rookie season to Philadelphia. The Lakers signed him as a free agent in 2012 and exercised a team option last year to keep him on the roster for a second season. Martin, a 6-7 small forward, has averagged 5. Marquinhos Jersey. 4 points over his six-year career. Earlier on Tuesday, when NBA free agency began, the Pistons announced assistant general manager George David was stepping down. David was a part of the previous front office that was led by president of basketball operations Joe Dumars. The Pistons hired Stan Van Gundy in May to replace Dumars and to also lead them as their coach. Van Gundys first major move appears to be adding Meeks. The Pistons, who havent earned a spot in the playoffs since 2009, are trying to reshape their roster to make the most of 20-year-old centre Andre Drummond. They probably will be relegated to keeping forward Josh Smith, who signed a $54 million, four-year deal last summer, and point guard Brandon Jennings, entering the second year of his $24 million, three-year contract. Detroit does not know if it restricted free agent Greg Monroe will be back. ___ Connect with Larry Lage at www.Twitter.com/larrylage Cheap Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: