st team that we could be, and I think it

in Fragen 12.06.2019 11:16
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

Vexed Melbourne Victory coach Kevin Muscat believes referee Chris Beath simply made a mistake in missing David Carneys handball goal, which has sparked renewed calls for a fifth official in the A-League.Carney scored a second-half brace off the bench to drive Sydney FC to a 2-1 win over Victory, but his equaliser was marred by controversy.Replays showed the ball had struck the former Socceroos arm as he brought it down for a left-footed finish.Carney himself conceded he didnt need to see the replay to know what had happened but felt Beaths view may have been obstructed by leaping Victory defender Stefan Nigro.Because he (Nigro) just missed a header I was very close to him, so I think it would have been hard for the ref, Carney said.It was even hard for me - I thought he was going to head it away but he didnt ... I just reacted.The incident riled the visiting camp and prompted Twitter users to suggest Carney had safer hands than Adam Gilchrist behind the stumps and the Sydney Swans might come calling for his marking skills.Muscat, perhaps mindful of having been fined $5000 less than a fortnight ago over his FFA Cup referee spray, was initially unwilling to elaborate on the incident.But he eventually admitted it was hard to take because the goal changed the complexion of the game.Those incidents cant go unnoticed, but they did, Muscat said.Id love to get into a conversation, but maybe get Chris here to explain his decision because they seem to be doing that now.Without doubt if there was someone with a camera that gets brought back, because they only would have been deliberating whether it was one or two hands.I certainly dont understand.The linesmen can help out as well, theyve got to have some more power to make decisions.Ive already watched the replay, Chris is not obstructed in my view.Hes obviously missed it. We all make mistakes.Beath himself told Fox Sports that, from his view at the time, Carney did not appear to move his arm towards the ball.The incident prompted former Socceroo and Fox Sports pundit Mark Bosnich to reiterate his calls for a fifth official.That first goal should never have stood, Bosnich said.I know I say it all the time, if there was a fifth official behind the goal, he sees that.It comes a week after Central Coast chief executive Shaun Mielekamp called for a fifth and sixth official after match officials missed an obvious handball that should have given the Mariners a possible match-winning penalty late in their 1-1 draw with Western Sydney.Football Federation Australia used them in last seasons final series.FFA have also flagged the possibility of introducing video replays for contentious calls in the finals series, pending the success of trials and FIFAs approval. Walt Frazier Jersey Large . Coach Mike Munchak says Fokou stretched ligaments in his left knee Oct. 13 against Seattle, which could keep out up to five weeks even though the linebacker didnt need surgery. Tracy McGrady Jersey Large . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. http://www.customknicksjersey.com/custom-patrick-ewing-jersey-large-289w.html .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Custom Knicks T-shirts . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. Custom Knicks Jersey China . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- James Onwualu has been through a lot of change in his four years at Notre Dame, going from being a blocking wide receiver starting four games as a freshman to a defensive stalwart who helped turn around a defense that was foundering to start the season.Coach Brian Kelly credits the 6-foot-1, 232-pound linebacker from St. Paul, Minnesota, and defensive end Isaac Rochell with anchoring the unit when coordinator Brian VanGorder was fired after a 1/3 start and lauds them for providing the leadership needed when the Irish (4-6) started depending more on freshmen.Those two guys in particular, Rochell and Onwualu were unbelievable, Kelly said. It was, I think, crucial when we made a change defensively, played all those freshmen, we needed guys to lead by example. We didnt need a guy yelling and screaming. And those two guys live by example.It was a challenge for Onwualu to stay positive when VanGorder was fired because the coach had helped him so much when he switched from offense, moving at first to safety and then to linebacker.Youre pretty much failing every single day. Like, Im coming in, never backpedaled in my life really, didnt know much about defense, maybe just normal coverages, but youre pretty much coming in and failing every single day, he said. So to have somebody like coach VanGorder who is working you through that process and continuing to give you confidence, and say youre learning this today and youve improved here, but also at the ssame time pushing you.ddddddddddddOnwualu made the change after making two catches as a freshman. He saw other freshmen receivers such as Will Fuller and Corey Robinson with so much more talent, and he was excelling making tackles on special teams. He figures if he stayed at receiver he might have finished with 10 catches this season. Instead, hes been a three-year starter on defense and is third in tackles this season with 60 heading into his final game Saturday at Notre Dame Stadium against Virginia Tech (7-3). Hes also second on the team with five pass break-ups and has two sacks.I feel so much more comfortable on the defensive side. It kind of fits my mentality a little bit more, he said.Rochell believes Onwualu would be good at whatever he tries.Hes always going to be working hard, he said. If he was picking up trash from the Gug hed be great at it. It doesnt matter if hes crunching numbers in accounting, hes going to be great at it.Onwualu takes pride in that the defense has consistently improved and has a chance to show how good it is in its final two games against Virginia Tech and No. 15 USC (7-3).We knew that we were just working toward something and working toward being the best team that we could be, and I think its just starting to kind of shape around, he said. Guys are starting to realize how talented we can really be. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: