needs to own and control at least one Melbourne-based stadium and that should be Etihad.Would you support a push to lift the dra

in Fragen 14.06.2019 13:59
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Wilton Speight rolled right and threw an interception on his first snap as a starter. When he got his next chance to take the field, Michigan was backed up to its 2.No problem.Speight led the seventh-ranked Wolverines down the field on a 98-yard touchdown drive, capping it with his first of three straight touchdown passes in a 63-3 win over Hawaii on Saturday, their most lopsided victory since 1975.It speaks volumes and bodes really well for our team and for his career as a quarterback, coach Jim Harbaugh said.The Wolverines (1-0) did not reveal who would start at quarterback until the game began.It looked as if the right decision was made.Michigan, which didnt need to punt once, had its most decisive win since beating Northwestern by 69 points four decades ago and its highest-scoring opener since routing Ohio Wesleyan 65-0 in 1905.There was never a time, heading into the game, or after the first interception, that I was looking over my shoulder, Speight said.He bounced back from his poorly thrown ball that was picked off with TD passes to Grant Perry, Jake Butt and Amara Darboh to put Michigan up 21-0 early in the second quarter.Speight, who beat out Houston transfer John OKorn for the job, finished 10 of 13 for 145 yards.He responded in tremendous fashion, Harbaugh said.Freshman Chris Evans ran for 112 yards and two touchdowns, including one in which he burst through a hole on a 43-yard run, taking advantage of a chance to play a lot because DeVeon Smith injured his ribs.I knew Chris Evans was special, Harbaugh said. What you saw is what weve seen in practice the last month.The Rainbows (0-2) avoided a shutout with Rigoberto Sanchezs 55-yard field goal early in the fourth.By the time they get home, their players and coaches will have spent about 40 hours in airplanes to travel nearly 20,000 miles for the first two games in Australia and Michigan.The travel didnt beat us today, Hawaii coach Nick Rolovich said. That Michigan team beat us today.THE TAKEAWAYHAWAII: Rolovich has a lot of work to do to make the Rainbows relevant again. June Jones and Greg McMackin helped Hawaii earn relatively regular trips to bowl games from 1999-2011. Norm Chow, however, was fired last year after winning four or fewer games in three-plus seasons.MICHIGAN: Michigan was dominant on defense as expected, led by Jabrill Peppers. He lined up essentially as a linebacker after playing defensive back last season. On the first snap, Peppers filled a gap to make a stop for no gain. The Wolverines had had 10 tackles for losses, including four sacks, and scored TDs off interceptions by Delano Hill and Channing Stribling.If I was a Michigan fan, Id be excited, Rolovich said.UP NEXTHAWAII: The Rainbows, mercifully, will get to stay home to host Tennessee Martin.MICHIGAN: The Wolverines host Central Florida, who may not be as good as Hawaii, and they may have a chance to score 60-plus points in consecutive games for the first time since 1971.INJURY UPDATESMICHIGAN: Harbaugh said he expects Smith to be OK for next weeks game. Harbaugh chose to keep cornerback Jourdan Lewis out of the game because hes working through something. The coach said he also decided to let offensive lineman Ben Braden and defensive tackle Maurice Hurst rest instead of play. Defensive tackle Taco Charlton injured his ankle during the game and defensive tackle Bryan Mone had an undisclosed injury, which will require an MRI.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Wolverines will likely stay among the top ranked teams for a while with the impressive win and an upcoming schedule that appears to be favorable. Theyll host Central Florida, Colorado, Penn State and Wisconsin before going on the road for the first time to face Rutgers before and coming back to play Illinois at the Big House. Michigans first test may not be until Oct. 29 against rival Michigan State on the road.HONORED BY CAPTAINMichael Jordan was Michigans honorary captain because the school is the first college or pro football team to wear Brand Jordan. The former NBA great and owner of the Charlotte Bobcats spoke to the team Friday night, allowing players to ask him questions in a casual setting.---AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Celtics Jerseys China . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Custom Celtics T-shirts . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. http://www.custompacersjersey.com/ .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Cheap Custom Celtics Jersey . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Paul George Jersey Large .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The draft age should be lifted to 19, the AFL must hang onto Etihad Stadium as insurance, and the league will benefit hugely from the relocation of an established club such as North Melbourne to Tasmania, according to former AFL chief executive Wayne Jackson.The Jackson revelations came this week during an interview with ESPN, 20 years after the South Australian took charge of the AFL during one of its most volatile periods.The former supremo also criticised players for having too much power in the drawn-out pay dispute between the AFL and the AFL Players Association.I think the players are having far too much influence and are putting undue pressure on the game, Jackson told ESPN. I think the distribution of money within the game should be left to the [AFL] Commission. The players are wanting amounts that exceed what is acceptable to most in the community.Jackson became the leagues chief executive in 1996, a tumultuous year for the AFL in which Melbourne and Hawthorn went within a whisker of merging, and Fitzroy were disbanded with 10 of their players sent to Brisbane in what was effectively a sham marriage. It was also a year before the launch of South Australias second side, Port Adelaide, raising the number of teams in the competition to 16.The fragility of the AFL at the time was almost at breaking point, given the lingering financial insecurity of established Victorian clubs such as Hawthorn, Melbourne and Footscray.But by the end of his eight-year reign, Jackson would preside over a then-record $Aus500 million broadcast deal that saw coverage shift from the Seven Network to a partnership of the Nine Network, Network Ten, and Foxtel.??Jackson, 72, is now a part-time farmer in the rural South Australian town of Willalooka.ESPN spoke to Wayne Jackson about the state of the game and what challenges lay ahead for the league.Do you think the AFL is as healthy as its ever been?Yes I do. With the odd hiccup or two, theres more people playing the game, the roots are spread much wider throughout Australia and we now are making it really attractive to women with the national competition. Broadcast rights are also at an all-time high.?What are the challenges facing the AFL?In the shorter term and maybe the medium term, I think the players are having far too much influence and are putting undue pressure on the game. I think the distribution of money within the game should be left to the Commission. The players are wanting amounts that exceed what is acceptable to most in the community. If there is surplus money available, it should go back into the development of the game and not to the players, who are already attractively paid.If you were back in charge, what changes would you make to the game?I think its improved in the last year with the advent of the coaches making the game more attacking and therefore more attractive. I think the game tends to evolve. If there are problems, evolution gets on top of that. Ive got no strong thoughts on how to improve it.Is an 18-club league viable? Its viable while the AFL continues to support the under-performing clubs in a financial sense. I think as we move closer to thee time at which Etihad Stadium will return to the ownership of the league -- which will be a tremendous boost to the league -- well that will support in a financial sense clubs that play there now.ddddddddddddI would love to see a team or two move from Melbourne but I think we missed that opportunity when the Gold Coast Suns started.Should Tasmania be granted an AFL licence?No I dont think so, because there is plenty of AFL football played in Tasmania now with Hawthorn and, increasingly, the Kangaroos in Hobart. Tasmania itself is divided into north and south, so it doesnt present a united front in terms of a club being based down there. I would love to see a club like, for example North Melbourne, relocate from Melbourne and based in Tasmania. That would be a terrific boon for the game. But I certainly dont think there should be a 19th?team in the AFL.Are you troubled by the state of football in Queensland?I would have thought the state of football generally in Queensland is very strong. But if youre referring specifically to the Brisbane Lions, I would think anyone that is interested in football would want to see them do substantially better than they are. But the growth of the game is terrific up there. I think they have the fastest growth rate for women in football of any state in Australia. The Lions need urgent AFL attention to get them back on track.Do you think the current fixture format is fair?I think its as fair as it can be with a 22-game competition. Ive read with interest the thoughts of dividing the league into three sections of six, which may help in the shorter term, but I just draw your attention to the fact that this time last year if you thought you had to play GWS twice, you would be pretty pleased with it. Now theyre a team to be reckoned with. It changes quickly and next year youll see Essendon come right up the table. Im not sure how you make it even, particularly when you try to foresee the strength of teams a year out.Is the illicit drugs policy effective? I dont know enough about the policy to comment. Obviously the AFL is super sensitive to drugs and I would have though the AFL is doing a pretty good job in that regard in relation to whats available in the rest of society.Do you think Etihad Stadium should be sold to finance a new stadium?No. I believe Etihad Stadium should be in the hands of the AFL, which it will be in a couple of years, because I think that will be a huge insurance against whatever happens to the MCG over time. I think the AFL needs to own and control at least one Melbourne-based stadium and that should be Etihad.Would you support a push to lift the draft age to 19?Yes. I now believe the draft age is too young. Leagues outside the AFL would improve and nothing would be lost be the AFL clubs if they all have to wait another year to select the player. If all clubs are treated the same, none are disadvantaged. I think its very important that young lads be given time at home to study or to work in their formative years to late teens. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: