e with knowing exactly who she is -- and she flows love to all that she meets. And the Yatta, I understand that means celebratio

in Fragen 22.06.2019 17:01
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

MOSCOW -- The International Olympic Committee says it is exploring the legal options for a possible ban of the entire Russian team from next months Olympics in Rio de Janeiro as a result of the countrys repeated doping scandals. Russia finished fourth in the gold medal table at the 2012 Olympics in London and third in the overall medal table. Its absence in Rio would shake up both tables. Here are five Russian stars who could miss out:Aliya MustafinaShe led the Russian gymnastics team which narrowly failed to beat the U.S. to gold in the womens all-around in 2012 and also won individual gold in the uneven bars. While Mustafina has been plagued by injuries since, she bounced back with two European championship gold medals last month. Russia has arguably the worlds richest tradition of excellence in gymnastics, and if its athletes arent in Rio, the U.S. and China will benefit in the medal table.Yulia EfimovaOne of the worlds top breaststroke sprinters, Efimova spearheads the Russian swim team for Rio despite previous brushes with the anti-doping authorities. She bounced back from a drug ban to win 100-meter gold at last years world championships in a fiercely competitive race with her longtime rival, Lithuanian teenager Ruta Meilutyte, who would become the hot favorite for gold if Efimova is forced to miss Rio. Efimova missed four months this season after testing positive for the banned substance meldonium but was given a reprieve and won the 200 at her comeback meet in Los Angeles on Sunday.Yelena IsinbayevaThe world record holder in the pole vault and a two-time Olympic gold medalist, Isinbayeva would compete at her fifth games in Rio, but she faces extra obstacles to get there. Russias track and field team is already banned from the games due to widespread doping, and Isinbayevas hopes rest on a successful appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport. She represented Russias athletes at a crucial CAS hearing on Tuesday in Switzerland and even posted a selfie online from inside the closed session. Her absence in Rio would help Brazilian, Greek and U.S. athletes, among others.Nataliya IshchenkoWith three Olympic and 19 world championship gold medals to her name, Ishchenko typifies Russias total domination of synchronized swimming -- its won every Olympic event this century. If no Russians compete in Rio, China and Spain would fight for the two gold medals on offer. Russia is similarly dominant in another female-only Olympic sport, rhythmic gymnastics, where former Soviet nations Ukraine and Belarus usually compete for the silver behind Russias winners.Maxim MikhailovTop scorer when Russia won the mens volleyball competition at London 2012, Mikhailov would be a formidable opponent in Rio. Host nation Brazil had to settle for silver four years ago but is fired up for a gold medal in front of its home crowd. The absence of the Russian team would make that mission significantly easier. Cheap Miami Marlins Jerseys . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Cheap Marlins Jerseys Authentic . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. http://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.com/ . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. Cheap Andre Dawson Jersey . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. -- Steve Asmussen often exhibits a hardened exterior, never truly revealing what hes thinking, to the point where sometimes its not easy to tell if he won or lost a race.On Friday, however, Asmussen showed an emotional side rarely seen publicly as he was formally inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.Asmussen got choked up sitting in the front row as Julie, his wife of 19 years, introduced him. Later, when talking about his parents, Keith and Marilyn, Steve Asmussen had to stop.My dad and my mom. Mom, thank you for the faith you have given us, Asmussen said before choking up and getting some water while the audience applauded. I havent even been able to say this driving down the road with my windows up.Asmussen talked about the example his father set for him and his brother Cash, a former jockey.Everybody in this room is here for the love of horse racing, and growing up in this family allowed an opportunity to experience these things together, Asmussen said.Asmussen, 50, was part of an A-list class of Hall of Fame inductees that included jockey Ramon Dominguez and the brilliant racemares Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta. The Thoroughbred Tom Ochiltree and jockey Wayne D. Wright were voted in by the Hall of Fame Historic Committee, while Arthur B. Bull Hancock Jr. and William Woodward Sr. were inducted in the Pillars of the Turf category.It was the emotion that Julie and Steve Asmussen displayed that highlighted the two-hour ceremony. Last September, Julie Asmussen was found to have neck and throat cancer. In March, she was declared cancer-free.The way his wife came through that battle made it a no-brainer to have her introduce him, Asmussen said after the ceremony. The couple has three sons, who also came up on stage to present the Hall of Fame plaque.The most powerful lesson you have shared with the boys, and me as well, is you never give up, no matter what the battle may be, Julie Asmussen said, perhaps a veiled reference to the accusations of horse abuse made by People for Ethical Treatment of Animals in 2014. You wake up every morning and give it your best. Effort is everything.Asmussen credited many of his owners for his success -- which includes 7,379 wins and $244.9 million in purse money won. He said if it wasnt for Ron Lance encouraging him to take a string of horses to Birmingham Race Course in 1987, Id still be galloping for Dad.Among the other owners he thanked were Barbara Banke and her late husband, Jess Jackson, who privately purchased both Curlin and Rachel Alexandra. Curlin was the 2007-08 Horse of the Year and a 2014 Hall of Fame inductee. Rachel Alexandra was the 2009 Horse of the Year and among this years celebrants. Asmussen trained both of them.Jess was such an amazing man, and I stand here regretting tthat I didnt take more of an advantage of the opportunity that I had with him, Asmussen said.ddddddddddddRachel Alexandras 3-year-old season in 2009 was one for the ages. After dominating fillies for her previous connections -- breeder and part-owner Dolphus Morrison and trainer Hal Wiggins -- a majority interest in Rachel Alexandra was sold to Jess Jacksons Stonestreet Stables and a partner, Harold McCormick. She was transferred to Asmussen, who placed her against males for three of her final four starts that year. She won the Preakness and Haskell against 3-year-olds, then defeated older males in the Grade 1 Woodward at Saratoga.I think courage is the main thing that strikes me about her, Banke said. Records broken, incredible margins of victory, terrific battles such as the Woodward that she prevailed in.It was somewhat appropriate that Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta were inducted together. Though they never met on the track, they had their race in the battle of public opinion.Zenyatta, two years older than Rachel Alexandra, won her first 19 starts before losing a heartbreaking head decision to Blame in the 2010 Breeders Cup Classic, which was her final race.Its amazing to have the girls [enshrined] in the same year, said Ann Moss, part-owner of Zenyatta, pointing to Banke. Moss owned Zenyatta with her husband, Jerry, the founder of A&M Records.Zenyatta was named for an album by The Police that was produced on Jerry Mosss record label.Sting has said that Zenyatta doesnt mean anything in particular, but I think it describes her perfectly, Ann Moss said. She has that Zen -- inner peace with knowing exactly who she is -- and she flows love to all that she meets. And the Yatta, I understand that means celebration, and shes a lot to celebrate. It was a joy and a privilege to be associated with Zenyatta.Tom Durkin, the master of ceremonies and retired race-caller, said his one regret was not having called a race in which Zenyatta ran.The ceremony ended with the grace and class of Dominguez, whose career came to a premature end due to a head injury suffered in a spill at Aqueduct in 2013.Dominguez, a three-time Eclipse Award winner who had 4,985 victories, came to the podium without a prepared speech.Every time that I decided to do it, I would reflect back on my career, and I would start to cry, Dominguez said. These are tears of joy, nothing bad.Dominguez dedicated his Hall of Fame honor to his agent, Steve Rushing, saying, Not only is he a master at what he does, but more important, hes an outstanding human being.During his introduction of Dominguez, Rushing said, When you look up the definition of Hall of Fame, you will see Ramon Dominguez. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: