BORDEAUX, France - Olympic bronze medallist Denis Ten took the lead in the mens short program at Trophee Bompard on Friday, whil

in Green Valley's Ranch 23.07.2019 05:07
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

BORDEAUX, France - Olympic bronze medallist Denis Ten took the lead in the mens short program at Trophee Bompard on Friday, while two-time junior world champion Elena Radionova topped the womens competition. Adrian Kempe Kings Jersey .Ten bounced back from a disappointing fourth-place finish at Skate America last month by scoring 91.78 points to the slow tempo of Caruso.The Kazakh skater will go into Saturdays free skate with a 3.08-point lead over world championships runner-up Tatsuki Machida of Japan. Skate America winner Machida put his hand to the ice of the Meriadeck ice rink on a triple lutz attempt.Russian champion Maxim Kovtun placed sixth after falling twice. His compatriot, Konstantin Menshov, was third with 87.47.Meanwhile, Radionova of Russia stayed on course to qualify for the Grand Prix Final, which will feature the top six skaters, pairs and dance couples in each category.The Skate America winner nailed all her jumps while energetically skating to salsa music to score a season-best 67.28 points, closely followed by her compatriot, world championships runner-up Julia Lipnitskaia (66.79).Defending champion Ashley Wagner was third with 61.35. She is aiming to become the first American since Michelle Kwan in 2001 to qualify for three straight GP Finals.Veronik Mallet of Sept-Iles, Que., was 11th after the womens short.Olympic silver medallists Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov scored 71.20 points to lead the pairs competition with a short program to the sound of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. The Rostelecom Cup winners were 3.93 points clear of Chinas Wenjing Sui and Cong Han, the runners-up at Skate Canada.Kirsten Moore-Towers of St. Catharines Ont., and Michael Marinaro of Sarnia, Ont., were seventh.In ice dance, the withdrawal of world champions Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte of Italy opened the door for French duo Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron. The Cup of China winners were 2.16 points ahead of Canadas Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier.Gilles, from Unionville, Ont., and Poirier from Toronto scored 60.19.Paul and I were really happy with our performance today, said Gilles. It is the first competition we felt really on and had no major mistakes. Our energy level could still be a bit higher but we are happy where we stand heading into the free dance.Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue of the U.S., were third at 60.19. Alexandra Paul of Midhurst, Ont., and Mitchell Islam of Toronto were sixth.Trophee Bompard is the fifth event of the Grand Prix series. The NHK Trophy next week in Osaka will be the last chance for ice skaters to qualify for the GP Final from Dec. 11-14 in Barcelona, Spain. Marty Mcsorley Jersey . The Rainbow FlickNext up is the Rainbow Flick, or as you probably know it, the trick that everybody at soccer camp thought they knew how to do. Wayne Gretzky Jersey . The Jays responded to the three-spot Detroit placed on Casey Janssen the evening before with an attack on the Tigers Achilles Heel, its bullpen, tying the game in the ninth and winning the game in the 10th. The result absolved Marcus Stroman, brilliant once again, of a tough luck loss while at the same time robbing Max Scherzer, brilliant once again, of a deserved win. http://www.kingsauthentic.com/authentic-dave-taylor-kings-jersey/ . The teams all-time leading scorer, DeRo has won everything there is to win in MLS.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The pain got to be too much for Chris Snee. So the veteran guard told the New York Giants on Monday that he is retiring. Snee met with coach Tom Coughlin, who also is his father-in-law, then said he was ending his NFL career after 10 seasons. He has had two hip surgeries and now is most troubled by right elbow and wrist problems. He sat out minicamp last month but indicated he expected to play this season. "I take tremendous pride in the effort that I put in the weight room and being the strongest player on the field," the 32-year-old Snee said. "Im nowhere near that, so I knew that even if I came here today, I wouldnt be able to practice. Youre trying to catch up and Ive been trying to get my strength back, but I think its time to just let the arm cool down." Snee was a second-round pick in 2004 out of Boston College and has made four Pro Bowls. He was to be the anchor of a revamped offensive line this season -- a unit that underperformed in 2013 with Snee sidelined for all but three games. Snee started every game in which he played over the last decade, 141 in all. He made the Pro Bowl in 2008, 09, 10 and 12, a versatile blocker as efficient in pass protection as he was in the running game. He won two Super Bowls as New Yorks starting right guard. "To me, he was the best guard in all of football," Coughlin said. "No doubt. No matter who yoou put him against, all of the great defensive tackles in the game, the 350 (pound) guys, the 340 guys, he blocked them. Kurtis MacDermid Kings Jersey. When he first came here, he was so, so committed and so driven to excel at the professional level as he had excelled at the collegiate level." Snees retirement leaves three players on the roster who won the NFL title after the 2007 and 2011 seasons: quarterback Eli Manning, long snapper Zak DeOssie and linebacker-defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka, who was on injured reserve for the first of those games. Snee joined the team the same year as Manning, who now is the longest-tenured Giant. "He called me yesterday and told me the news," Manning said. "I kind of knew there was a possibility with everything going on with his health. Im obviously disappointed just because weve had a long run together. We came in the same year, were roommates for home games and away games that first year. Weve won a lot of games and been through a lot together and been great pals, so I told him Id miss him." Coughlin, of course, has another reason for missing Snee. "Its different," Coughlin said, "because not only is it a great football player retiring from the game, who has contributed so much to our team and our franchise and has two world championships to show for it, he is a highly respected and loved member of our family." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: