BARCELONA, Spain -- Lionel Messi marked his 80th Champions League match with a hat trick on Wednesday as Barcelona began its cam

in Marie97's Ranch 25.07.2019 05:45
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

BARCELONA, Spain -- Lionel Messi marked his 80th Champions League match with a hat trick on Wednesday as Barcelona began its campaign in Group H with a 4-0 rout of Ajax. Cheap Clearance Shoes Online . The Argentina forward opened the scoring at Camp Nou Stadium with a free kick in the 22nd minute, doubled the hosts advantage in the 55th on the break and, after Gerard Piques 69th-minute goal, added another 15 minutes from fulltime. The goals took his cumulative tally in the competition to 62 -- nine short of Raul Gonzalezs all-time record of 71 goals in 144 appearances. Messi now stands alone as the only player to have scored a hat trick four times in the tournament. "From (Frank) Rijkaard until now, the coaches that have come through here, every two or three games they have talked about how surprised they are by him, and I am just one more," said Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino, who will travel to his native Argentina following the death of his father on Tuesday. Despite some lethargic moments late in the first half, Barcelona eased to the win thanks to Messis goals and the teams near complete control of possession. When Ajax did manage to create a scoring opportunity, Valdes was there to keep a clean sheet. "As the game went on we adapted better as we figured out what to do," said Messi. "We couldnt put pressure on them at the beginning because they read the match perfectly." AC Milan beat Celtic 2-0 in the nights other Group H game. True to both teams well-established playing styles, Barcelona and Ajax kept the ball on the turf. While Ajax was limited to former Barcelona forward Bojan Krkics sprints down the left side, Barcelona soon focused on Neymar cutting in from the left flank. But it fell to Messi to get the hosts going after he was fouled while dribbling across the edge of the area following a neat passing combination with Dani Alves. From that prime spot, Messi sent a left-foot shot off the left post, with the ball beating outstretched goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer before ricocheting into the far side of the net. "We know that Messi can always score, and he did," said Ajax coach Frank de Boer, a former Barcelona defender. "His free kick was very good, very fast. "I cant be happy. When you allow four goals you cant be. But I saw moments that we can build on for the games ahead." Ricardo van Rhijn almost answered for Ajax in the 31st when Bojan picked him out with a cross, only for Valdes to smother his header. The home crowd became nervous near the end of the first half, and Barcelona apparently took note by showing the defensive pressure Martino had said was his top priority to restore after the break. The increased intensity paid off when Barcelona recovered the ball and Sergio Busquets spotted Messi running unmarked down the right side. Messi took his pass, cut back to bring Stefano Denswil to the ground and used his left foot to score. Neymar, in his European debut, set up Gerard Pique to add Barcelonas third goal with a long cross. Ajax lost possession near its area and Xavi Hernandez laid the ball off for Messi to take his time before driving it between a pair of defenders and into the corner of the net for his third goal. Valdes had his moment of glory one minute later in the 76th when he blocked Kolbeinn Sigthorssons penalty after Javier Mascherano fouled Thulani Serero in the box. "We played a better second half," said Martino. "We were more comfortable than in the first and took control of the game. It was a good performance, not as brilliant as the 4-0 looks, but we won it fairly. "Barcelona is full of individual talents. Today we can talk about Messi and Valdes, another day Xavi or Neymar. It is normal that one of them rises to the occasion." Ajaxs defeat was its ninth consecutive loss to a Spanish opponent. Ajaxs last victory in Spain dates back even farther to the 1996-97 season when De Boer helped the Dutch team win at Atletico Madrid. The two four-time champions had never met before in Europes top-tier competition. Even so, fewer teams from different countries have stronger ties. Dutch great Johan Cruyff led Ajax to three straight European titles from 1971-73 as a player before moving to Barcelona, where he would later return as a coach to guide it to its first European title in 1992. Discount Shoes Online Free Shipping . Richard Jefferson scored 17 points and Diante Garrett had a career-high 15 points as the Jazz had seven players with 10 points or more in Utahs largest margin of victory this season. Shoes From China Online . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.cheapshoesclearance.com/ .com) - NFL owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Buffalo Bills.DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Chip Ganassi bristles when his No. 02 team is called the star car.Truth is, the moniker couldnt be more appropriate right now.Ganassis all-star driver lineup of three-time IndyCar champion Scott Dixon, Daytona 500 winner Jamie McMurray, Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan and NASCARs reigning top rookie Kyle Larson won the prestigious Rolex 24 at Daytona on Sunday to give the team owner his record-setting sixth victory in 12 attempts.Ganassi made it clear he doesnt endorse the star car nickname, and he and team manager could pick their eight drivers names out of a hat to set the vaunted two-car lineup.I dont know who named it, but I dont approve of that name, he said. Thats like any other car on our team.It didnt look like any other, team, though as Dixon drove a gritty and lengthy final leg Sunday as his three teammates confidently believed hed pull out the win.Dixon relieved Larson with 3 hours, 32 minutes remaining in the twice-round-the-clock endurance race, and set out to conserve fuel, make no mistakes and follow the Ganassi strategy down to the checkered flag.The Iceman delivered, and made it look easy, too.He totalled more than seven hours behind the wheel of the Target/Ford EcoBoost Riley Prototype and carried the heaviest load on the team.We had such a good group of guys driving, an awesome team, McMurray said. Its about Scott Dixon to me. Its really hard to appreciate the talent that guys have from other series until you race with them, and its crazy the pace that Scott is able to have in the car. Its so much fun to sit up there and watch it.It was the second win for Dixon, who was part of the 2006 victory with Casey Mears and Dan Wheldon.After picking up his second watch, the New Zealander downplayed his role.The car was very consistent, and I think we had good speed, but everybody pulled their weight, he said. Everybody did what they needed to do, and thats what gets you through this 24 hours. Everybody kept the car in one piece.I cant emphasize how big of a team effort it is. Its not one person that ever wins this race. Its everybody involved, and this weekend everybody on the 02 team did their best job, and that was obviously enough to get the victory.It was the first Rolex win for McMurray, Kanaan and Larson, who felt he was so underwhelming in his debut last season that he let his team downn and never wanted to return to the sports car race. Cheap Shoes From China. Instead, he drove his own impressive three-plus hour stint in the middle of the night, then put together a brief but error-free run Sunday morning to get the team into the time window to turn the car over to Dixon.Its crazy how much a year can do. I hated this race last year. I was terrible, Larson said.McMurray joined AJ Foyt and Mario Andretti as the only drivers to win the Daytona 500 and the Rolex, while Kanaan joined a limited list of drivers to win both Indy and the 24 Hours.Its awesome, man. I love watches, Kanaan said. I always bought them, so Ive finally got one for free today.Ganassi beat defending race winner Action Express Racing, which was driven by Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi and Sebastien Bourdais, by 1.33 seconds.Wayne Taylor Racing, runner-up the last two years, lost a shot to challenge Dixon when it realized under a caution with 20 minutes remaining that Jordan Taylor had exceeded his allotted time allowed in the car. He was forced to pit from second to let older brother Ricky Taylor close out the final 9 minutes of the race.Its a bit disappointing, but we win and lose as a team, said Taylor.Ganassis other entry, the No. 01 led by five-time winner Scott Pruett, was in the mix for the victory until the clutch broke and the team was forced to retire with under two hours remaining.Corvette Racing won the GT Le Mans class with drivers Jan Magnussen, Antonio Garcia and Ryan Briscoe.PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports won the Prototype Challenge class with drivers Mike Guasch, Andrew Novich, Andrew Palmer and Tom Kimber-Smith. It appeared that CORE Autosport had that win locked up until Colin Brauns fiery crash with roughly 20 minutes remaining brought out the final caution and ended what seemed an easy victory.CORE Autosports owner Jon Bennett could only shrug.We did 23 hours and 46 minutes very successfully, he said. I think we had small contact with another car, which caused Colin to have a tire going down. We were trying to get back, we didnt a splash of gas, anyway. Thats how racing is, I love it.The GT Daytona class was won by Riley Motorsports and drivers Ben Keating, Dominik Fambacher, Al Carter, Kuno Wittmer and Cameron Lawrence. Keating, who is a Dodge Viper car dealer and driver for the SRT team, choked back tears after the win. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: