estern Conference team for the first time since mo

in Fragen 25.06.2018 15:17
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

SPRINGFIELD, N.J. -- Two weeks removed from the round of a lifetime, Henrik Stenson was asked to ponder if he left all he had on the west coast of Scotland, a 10-birdie, final-round 63 just 14 days earlier that produced a major championship trophy and memories to be savored.The Claret Jug will forever be part of his trophy case, but it was almost unfair to have to gear up for another major championship so soon. With barely any time to rest or recharge, Stenson, 40, gave it a run Sunday at the PGA Championship, a back-nine double bogey finally derailing his hopes of a second straight major championship.Of course the week took a lot of energy out of me, said Stenson, who shot a final-round 71 to tie for seventh, 6 strokes back of winner Jimmy Walker. We havent got time to recharge. Given all that, Im pretty pleased that I was one of the guys who was up there contending this week. Going to take a lot of positive out of that.Mental fatigue or just not my day ... its hard to say. But I didnt play my best today and I needed to bring a better game today to have a chance.It didnt help that Stenson was unable to play any of the third round on Saturday, which was suspended due to heavy rain and dangerous conditions. He never got on the course after opening the tournament with consecutive 67s, and said it was a missed opportunity.He had to play 36 holes on Sunday -- as did all of those in contention -- and struggled to find any form, even though he shot 67 in the morning to trail Walker by just 2 strokes.I didnt bring my game and I didnt make a putt all day, I felt like, Stenson said. Despite that, I thought I was hanging good. I was trying to push, which I had to. I was two or three behind coming into the last five or six holes. ... Probably the best shot of the day, a three-quarter 9-iron, I just overcooked it and went long and I made double and that was the end of it for me.That occurred at the par-4 15th, where Stenson was still in the mix, a couple of birdies away from making it interesting. But the double-bogey dropped him back and he played the last three holes in even par.Stenson won his first major two weeks ago then barely had time to enjoy it, as he went home to Sweden for a few days but was besieged with media requests.He came to New Jersey feeling that perhaps the momentum would carry over, and it did for a time. All in all, Im pretty pleased to come off the win at The Open and then be right up there contending the week after, he said.Now it is back to his home in Orlando for the first time since the win at Royal Troon for a few days before heading to Rio de Janeiro, where he will play in the Olympic golf tournament and participate in the Opening Ceremonies on Friday. Womens Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. Discount Dodgers Jerseys . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. http://www.cheapangelesdodgersjerseys.us/authentic-kenley-jansen-jersey/ . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. Authentic Chase Utley Jersey Wholesale Dodgers Jerseys Authentic . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. NEW YORK -- Joe Pavelski and Joe Thornton helped the San Jose Sharks get a big win after a rough loss across town the previous nightPavelski scored with 2:11 left to lift the Sharks to a 3-2 victory over the New York Islanders on Tuesday night. Melker Karlsson and Tomas Hertl also scored to help the Sharks win for the third time in four games.Thornton set up both the tying and winning goals by sending the puck at the net, with the first going in off Hertls leg late in the second period. On the winning goal, Thornton sent a pass into the slot and Pavelski deflected it in.He buys that extra second and allows you to get open, Pavelski said of Thornton. When you get open, he puts it in the spot you want and its good to see that one go in for sure.:Pavelski got his fifth point in two games after having a goal and three assists in the Sharks 7-4 loss to the New York Rangers on Monday. The veteran forward liked the way his team bounced back against the Islanders.That was a lot better, Pavelski said. We still havent had a whole lot of time together. Its going to keep coming and each nights a little different. We just forechecked a lot better tonight.Brent Burns also had two assists giving both him and Thornton five on the season. Aaron Dell stopped 21 shots to win his NHL debut, with the last stop coming on Brock Nelsons slap shot in the final second.It took to the very last second to make it real there, Dell said. I didnt really realize it until after I got off (the ice), so that was crazy. ... Its nice to get that one out of the way. Now we got to move forward here and finish the rest of this trip off.The 27-year-old Dell, who appeared in 157 games in the CHL, ECHL and AHL, said he didnt change his approach for his first game in the NHL.I tried not to think about it too much, he said. Just do the same things I always do and it really wasnt too bad. Ive played enough games that I can just do the same thing every time.Anthony Beauvillier and Anders Lee scored for the Islanders, and Jaroslav Halak finished with 24 saves. New York lost for the third time in four games.We could have put more shots on net tonight at certain spots in the game, Islanders coach Jack Capuano said. But they are good hockey team. Were there 2-2 and we didnt get the bounce in the third.The Isslanders trailed 1-0 after getting outplayed in the first period, but picked it up in the second and took the lead with two goals 2:10 apart in the middle of the period.dddddddddddd.Beauvillier, one of the Islanders two 19-year-old rookies, tied it with his first career goal at 9:39. Driving to the net, his first shot was stopped by Dell, but he reached out and backhanded the rebound in the air over Dells glove and in.Had a good bounce and it went in, Beauvillier said. It felt good. Would have been better with a win. ... Im just happy to have my first one so I can move on from here and get a second and third one.Lee made it 2-1 with 8:11 left. Jason Chimera backhanded a pass toward the middle to Lee, who wristed it up over Dells shoulder.The Sharks tied it 2-2 with 1:57 left in the middle period as Thorntons shot deflected off Hertls thigh and in.The Sharks controlled the puck most of the opening 20 minutes, outshooting the Islanders 10-4. The Islanders failed to get a shot on goal over the last 12:47 of the period.Karlsson got the Sharks on the scoreboard with his first of the season at 5:36. Tommy Wingels brought the puck around the net to the left side and passed it in front to Karlsson, who tipped it past Halak. It was Karlssons 24th career goal in 122 games.Game notes F Joel Ward played in his 600th career game. ... F Patrick Marleau played in his 546th consecutive game. ... Pavelski played in his 418th career game. ... The Islanders lost at home to a Western Conference team for the first time since moving to Barclays Center before last season. After going 12-0-2 here against the West last year, New York won its home opener against Anaheim on Sunday night. ... Free agent signee Andrew Ladd has no points through his first four games in New York. ... Mathew Barzal, New Yorks other 19-year-old rookie, sat out for the third time in four games.UP NEXTSharks: Continue a five-game road trip at defending champion Pittsburgh on Thursday night in the teams first meeting since the Stanley Cup final.Islanders: Continue a five-game homestand against Arizona on Friday night.---Follow Vin Cherwoo on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VinCherwooAP Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL T-shirts ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: