Canadian womens soccer team veteran Melanie Booth announced her retirement Wednesday, ending a career highlighted by a gold-meda

in Green Valley's Ranch 06.08.2019 07:49
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

Canadian womens soccer team veteran Melanie Booth announced her retirement Wednesday, ending a career highlighted by a gold-medal win at the 2011 Pan Am Games and Olympic bronze the following year in London. Asics Noosa Tri 9 Hombre Baratas . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. "I had been preparing myself for this and it seemed like it was the right time for me." Booth had one of the shootout goals in Canadas victory over Brazil at the 2011 Pan Am Games in Guadalajara, Mexico. Canada tied the game late in the second half and won 4-3 on penalty kicks. The veteran defender was initially listed as an alternate on the 2012 Olympic side but was later added to the team when injuries forced roster changes. "The hardest part (about retiring) is leaving the people that Ive been around for so long," she said. "Theyre like a second family to me." Although she never featured in London, Booth proudly stood on the podium with her teammates to receive their bronze medals after a 1-0 win over France at Wembley Stadium. "Just the group that I was with, I was just so thankful to be around them and to be a part of that team," she said. "Just throughout my whole career thats what I strived to do -- just to look for the positive in everything and use that as motivation and try to better the people around me." Of her 65 caps, 37 came as a starter. Her lone goal for Canada came in a 4-0 win over Jamaica at the 2006 CONCACAF Womens Gold Cup. Canada won silver at that tournament. Booth also helped Canada win silver at the FIFA U20 Womens World Cup in 2002 and the Womens Gold Cup that same year. The 29-year-old played college soccer at the University of Florida. She started her club career with the Toronto Lady Lynx and also played for the Vancouver Whitecaps. Booth joined Sky Blue FC as part of the NWSLs original national team player allocation process. "We all want to thank Mel for her contributions to Sky Blues inaugural NWSL season," Sky Blue FC coach Jim Gabarra said in a release. "Congratulations to Mel on a successful career and good luck in the next phase of life." Booth has yet to finalize her future plans but intends to remain involved in the sport in some capacity. Zapatillas Asics Gt 2000 Mujer . The Flames are in the midst of a six-game slide (0-5-1), their longest losing streak since an 0-6-3 skid from Jan. 11-28, 2010. They havent won since Nov. 3 in Chicago and most recently went winless on a three-game homestand. Asics Gt 2000 Mujer . Gustafsson controlled the first round after getting top position on a throw, and came out much more forcefully in the second, buckling Manuwa with a Muay Thai knee, and finishing him off with strikes on the ground. http://www.asicsnimbus17.es/asics-mujer-running/asics-gel-kinsei-4.html . With Van Osch out with a flu bug that has been rampaging through the tournament, Knezevic stepped in to lead B.C. (4-3) to a pair of victories on Tuesday before 1,131 at the Maurice Richard Arena.Daniel Ricciardo has admitted to Sky Sports his relationship with Red Bull team-mate Max Verstappen could buckle under the strain of a head-to-head world championship fight. And Ricciardo, speaking in an exclusive interview which was broadcast as part of Sky F1s coverage of the Hungarian GP this weekend, has warned Verstappens precocious growth into a top-level driver may plateau. The Hungarian GP on Sky F1 Full weekend schedule and TV times Despite their partnership being just three months old, Verstappen and Ricciardo are already widely considered to be the strongest driver pairing on the grid, with thoughts already fast-forwarding to their contest next season when the sports rules refresh is expected to return Red Bull to the rank of title contenders. For now it has been really good, Ricciardo said of the pairs relationship. But you can never predict what will happen if you are fighting for a world championship. If next year we have a great car and can fight for a world title and we are going at hammer and tongs, then Im sure at some point we will cross paths. But its how you deal witth it. Zapatillas Asics Hombre 2015. If you can face defeat with maturity then I dont think there should be any conflict. Lets see what happens - I just hope we can fight for the title.Although Ricciardo is ten points ahead of the teenager in the Drivers Championship, Verstappen has the edge over the Australian from their six races together at Red Bull by a score of 77 points to 64.Yet despite his team-mates burgeoning reputation and immediate impact at Red Bull, topped by the 18-year-old winning his first race for the team to become the youngest-ever winner in F1, Ricciardo is unfazed by the challenge presented from the other side of the teams garage. Whos where in 2017? The state of play in the F1 driver market Hes good. Its always hard to say how good but certainly hes very good, Ricciardo told Sky F1. Because hes young it will be interesting to see if he keeps getting better at such a quick rate or if he plateaus.And asked if he believes he can defeat Verstappen, the broad smile as much as the words themselves told the answer.Lets see. Every driver believes in himself... Also See: Rosberg signs new Mercedes deal Whos driving where in 2017? Get a Sky Sports weekend pass When is the Hungarian GP on Sky F1? ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: