way, almost over his head and he hits itway, almost over his head and he hits it

in Fragen 28.06.2018 06:47
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Most NBA observers probably wouldnt label Derrick Rose as elite at this stage of his career. But Rose believes he fits that description and that its only a matter of time before he shows it to others.Rose was asked after Knicks practice on Monday if he wants to show this season that he still is an elite point guard.Yeah, but I know I am, he said. Thats no surprise to me. Its only a matter of time until I put it together. All the hard work I put in, everything how I dedicated my whole life to this game, what I sacrificed. Its only a few that did it and thats doing it. So its all about just putting it together.Its only natural for players to have confidence in their abilities, but Roses production in recent seasons has fallen short of elite levels. Last season, Rose averaged 16.4 points on 42 percent shooting and handed out 4.7 assists per game for a Bulls team that missed the playoffs.Knicks president Phil Jackson traded for Rose in June and would, obviously, love to see the guard return to the elite form he showed earlier in his career, when he was named the youngest MVP in league history in 2011. Since that season, Rose has dealt with several significant knee injuries; due to those injuries and various others, the 28-year-old and has played in less than 40 percent of his games in the last five seasons.Rose missed a little over two weeks of training camp earlier this month while attending a civil trial in Los Angeles over allegations that he and two friends gang-raped an ex-girlfriend. He returned to the Knicks on Friday after a jury found Rose and his two friends not liable of the accusations. Rose has spent the last four days working with coaches and teammates ahead of the Knicks season opener Tuesday against the Cleveland Cavaliers.Im very excited. We got a lot of great pieces, Rose said after practice Monday. Were learning how to play together. Were learning chemistry. But it comes from experience and it comes with playing with each other.Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said Rose has looked strong in recent workouts. But Hornacek would also like to see Rose look for his own shot more often in certain situations.I think theres going to be times when Im going to have tell Derrick be more aggressive, Hornacek said Monday. There are times hes trying to set his teammates up, which is great for a point guard. But a lot of the early offense in the open court hes a hard guy to guard. Hell be on the attack.... He feels hes got great players on his team that he can rely but theres going to be times that hes going to have the advantage and were going to want him to attack.Rose believes that the Knicks will be difficult to guard in the pick-and-roll with players like Joakim Noah, Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis, Courtney Lee and Brandon Jennings.Its pick your poison, Rose said. My job is to create a double team so the weak side has a hard time closing down on shooters.Hornacek has said Rose may need some time to get used to the offense after being away during the civil trial. Knicks doctors have been keeping a close eye on him over the past few days to monitor his stress levels following the trial.Anthony expects Rose to grow more comfortable with repetition after being away for the civil case. He also believes Rose will benefit from expectations in New York that are different than those he faced in his hometown of Chicago.I dont think hes playing with any type of load on his shoulders, hes not thinking about injuries, Anthony said Monday. Whereas before he was coming into training camp rehabbing, now he got a chance to just practice and put everything behind him and focus on basketball. So when you have a talent like that who is coming into the season with a clear mind and a focus that he has, it can be exciting. Cheap DaRon Payne Jersey . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Cheap Shaun Dion Hamilton Jersey . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. http://www.cheapredskinsjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-derrius-guice-jersey . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Cheap Trey Quinn Jersey . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Womens Redskins Jerseys . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week.NEW YORK -- Mark Teixeira raised his fist as he rounded first base after his ball landed in the cap of a young fan standing in the front row beyond the right field wall. That grand slam was big -- not only for his recovery from a wrist injury but for his slumping squads confidence. Teixeira hit his first homer of the season, Brett Gardner had a tiebreaking single in the sixth inning and the New York Yankees beat the Cleveland Indians 7-4 Monday night to spoil Nick Swishers first game back in the Bronx. "We needed that," Teixeira said. "I know its going to take a few weeks to get back in the rhythm of playing every day and seeing big league pitching every day, but this is a good first step." Andy Pettitte lasted only 4 2-3 innings in a wild return from the disabled list -- his 500th career start. Shawn Kelly (3-0) and three other relievers held the Indians scoreless the rest of the way to help New York win for the second time in nine games. This was the first time they scored more than four runs in that stretch. Yankees designated hitter Travis Hafner, wearing Swishers old No. 33, homered against his former team in the seventh off Justin Masterson (8-4), who matched a season high by allowing seven runs. Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera had to be helped off the field after straining his right quadriceps running out a grounder in a three-run fifth. "He got it pretty good," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "So, were going to send him back to Cleveland tomorrow to get scanned and, most likely, this is headed toward the DL. But well let him get scanned so we know exactly whats going on there." Kelly pitched 1 1-3 innings, Joba Chamberlain and David Robertson one each of hitless relief, and Mariano Rivera retired Swisher on a fly to left with a runner on second for his 20th save in 21 chances. "These guys have done a great job. Theyve been lock down all season," Teixeira said. "Were not in this position if it were not for the bullpen." After a brief thunderstorm cancelled batting practice, the Indians put a runner in scoring position in the first when Mike Aviles singled and went to second on Pettittes wild pitch. With two outs, Swisher walked up to the plate to a sustained ovation. He stepped out of the batters box for a moment with that familiar, toothy grin on his face. A moment later, the switch-hitter settled in from the right side to face a pitcher he called a certain Hall of Famer. But Swisher wouldnt step out when plate umpire Manny Gonzalez called strike three to end the first inning. Swisher dropped his bat and held his spot in the box while discussing the call with Gonzalez. The popular outfielder was upset last October when he was booed by the "Bleacher Creatures" during a punchless playoffs. Before the game Monday, though, he insisted he was "living in the now, bro," and wasnt worried about his reception.dddddddddddd When Swisher took his position at first base in the bottom of the first, the "Bleacher Creatures" showed him all was forgiven. They chanted his name -- a tradition normally reserved for Yankees only. Swisher turned and saluted the crew, just as he did with New York from 2009-12, although usually from right field. In a jab at their former teammate, the Yankees encouraged Lyle Overbay, making the first outfield start of his 13-year career in right field, to turn and give the Swisher salute. "The fellow teammates talked me into doing that," Overbay said with a laugh. "They forced me to." Swisher gave the Indians the lead in the third when he hit a grounder to third base with runners on second and third. David Adams fielded the ball and tried to tag Aviles, who was advancing to third. Aviles was called out but Michael Bourn scored from third. Swisher scored on Carlos Santanas two-run double in the fifth after walking during a stretch in which Pettitte threw 10 straight balls and the second of two wild pitches. Overbay got his first outfield putout to end a bases-loaded threat in the fifth, catching Yan Gomes shallow popup on the run. Santanas double chased Pettitte in his first outing since going to the DL on May 17 with a strained muscle in his upper back. Pettitte gave up seven hits and four runs and was left stuck on 249 career wins. He walked three and struck out three, and couldnt protect a three-run lead. "Its frustrating cause we finally get some runs on the board and then you give the lead back to them," Pettitte said. "I felt good early. I felt like maybe I ran out of gas a little bit." Teixeira gave him that cushion with his eighth career slam in the third off Masterson. They were Teixeiras first RBIs since he was activated from the disabled list Friday. He missed the first two months of the season with a wrist injury sustained in early March. Masterson had pitched a marvelous four-hitter against New York on May 13 and was 4-2 with a 2.08 ERA against the Yankees -- but still hasnt beaten them in the Bronx. He was lifted after allowing Hafners one-out homer in the seventh. "Three hanging pitches is kinda the story in the end," Masterson said. "Teixeira, I was trying to get one down away. ... With Haf, trying to get it down and in and it was up and away, almost over his head and he hits it out." In all, Masterson allowed nine hits and seven runs in 6 1-3 innings. He struck out five and walked three. NOTES: The Yankees released OF Ben Francisco. ... Drew Stubbs snapped an 0-for-17 skid with a double in the fifth. ... The Indians were playing the first of nine straight games on the road against the Yankees, Detroit and Texas. ... Yankees RHP David Phelps (3-3) faces LHP Scott Kazmir (3-2) on Tuesday. Cheap Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: