kTORONTO – At a sprite 19 years of age, Morgan Rielly hasnt much minded spending the past few weeks living in a downtown Toronto

in Zuchtzeichen 26.08.2019 04:31
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

TORONTO – At a sprite 19 years of age, Morgan Rielly hasnt much minded spending the past few weeks living in a downtown Toronto hotel. Dino Ciccarelli Jersey . “Its not so bad,” said Rielly with some glee on Saturday morning. “Im a teenager still so I like to get room service and order movies and stuff … Hopefully Ill get a few more weeks in the hotel. Ill have to wait and see.” Randy Carlyle wouldnt tip his hand on the organizations immediate plans for Rielly, whether to keep him with the Leafs in Toronto or send him back to the junior ranks in Moose Jaw for one more season. “I think Morgan Rielly is very close,” Carlyle said, questioned on whether he believed Rielly was ready to play in the NHL. “To say that unequivocally hes ready to play in the NHL is a tough question to ask and a tougher question to answer at this point.” Rielly didnt look out of place over the course of the exhibition schedule – he played in six of the eight games – but whether hes ready to step in and become a regular contributor in the NHL this season is the “tough question” that Carlyle and the Leafs will have to answer in the hours ahead. At the outset of training camp, Carlyle stated that the decision would lie in whether it was best for Rielly to offer 12-15 minutes nightly in the NHL – when he does play – or return to the Warriors for a year of likely domination, additionally suiting up for Team Canada at the World Juniors. “I feel like I am there,” Rielly said of his readiness play in the NHL. “But thats up to the coaches, if they want me to play this year or not. They have a team to play and a goal to reach, which is to play in the playoffs again; thats what they ultimately want. If they choose to keep me or to put me back to junior obviously Ill understand. Have to wait and see though.” The Leafs can keep Rielly in the fold just a little longer if theyd like – which seems likely at this point – with nine regular season games at their disposal to make a further assessment. Anything beyond that and they will exercise the first year of his entry-level contract, a fact they cant erase if his game slips at any point later in the season. With Cody Franson back on board following a lengthy contract dispute, the organization would appear to have six defenders ahead of Rielly on the depth chart, but still able to keep the B.C. native as a seventh option if they so choose. “We know hes played very well for our hockey club,” Carlyle said on Saturday evening, following a 3-1 win in the exhibition finale against Detroit. “Hes a talented young man and hes only going to get better. Those are the tough decisions that youre faced with.” Rielly for one, understood the difficulty of such a decision. “Absolutely I can [understand],” he said sincerely. “Thats why I say if I end up going back to junior I wont have any complaints. “I can obviously understand if thats what they choose.” Five Points 1. ‘Toughest decision Outside of the impending decision with Rielly, perhaps the most difficult choice Carlyle faces in the coming days is which goaltender to start in the opener in Montreal on Tuesday. “That probably is going to be the toughest decision,” he said. “[But] those are good decisions. Its tough on coaches and management to pick one guy when both have played well. But the underlying fact is its a great decision because we have 1-A and 1-B quality goaltenders, both guys can start.” For what its worth, James Reimer held the advantage statistically during training camp, boasting a .923 save percentage in four exhibition starts to that of Jonathan Bernier, who registered an .891 mark in four starts of his own. 2. Reimer ready to go Reimer was hopeful that hed earned that opening night start following a solid exhibition showing. “Obviously the starting job is what you want and hopefully thats the case,” he said. “But its obviously going to be Randys decision, what he feels is best for the team. I feel Ive worked hard and done what I needed to do.”In his final exhibition start on Saturday, Reimer allowed just one goal on 25 shots, albeit against a mostly AHL-laden Red Wings roster. Of his training camp in general, the 25-year-old was pleased. “Results have been good,” said Reimer before the game, “but those are, in essence, secondary. Its about getting ready and feeling good out there and feeling comfortable. And so far, Ive felt that way. I felt that with every game that I felt more and more comfortable and there have been fewer situations where I was not ready or was taken by surprise. Thats what exhibition is really about, just getting ready.” Reimer said he typically feels ready for the regular season after 2-4 starts in the exhibition. “Thats when youve pretty much faced probably 90 per cent of the chances that youll ever face during a season,” he noted. Carlyle has already declared that Reimer and Bernier will split the first two games with one to play in the opener against the Canadiens and the other to follow the next night against the Flyers. 3. Liles future lingers John-Michael Liles faces an uncertain future as training camp concludes; the 32-year-old on the outside of a secure roster spot following just three exhibition games. In the finale against the Wings on Saturday, Liles scored once and added an assist in nearly 19 minutes. “I think every time you step on the ice youre trying to build towards something,” Liles said afterward. “For me, this was my third preseason game, youre trying to build toward the regular season. I dont think it was necessarily a conscious thing to say I need to go out there and assert myself. Thats all you can do as a player and Im no different than any other guy.” Miscast for a role on a Carlyle defence, Liles situation is further complicated by a burdensome contract, which carries three more years at a cap hit of $3.8 million annually. Considering their cap crunch, the most likely scenario would see Liles placed on waivers in the days ahead. If he cleared, the club would save $925,000, unable to bury the full cap hit as in years past. 4. Preseason Schedule The Leafs concluded their eight-game exhibition schedule with their second back-to-back set, a Friday-Saturday affair with their new division rivals from Detroit. With a back-to-back, additionally on the road, to begin the regular season, Carlyle opted to dress a lineup Saturday chalk full of youth and very few regulars. “Its not something that you would say would be ideal when you have to finish on a Friday-Saturday back-to-back and then play your first two games of the season on Tuesday-Wednesday and open two buildings,” Carlyle said. “I dont think that is really ideal. I think it puts us somewhat at a competitive disadvantage.” 5. One last opportunity In light of the hectic exhibition schedule and need to keep regulars rested was an opportunity for one last impression before most of those dressing Saturday returned to the Marlies. “Its another opportunity to show the organization and the coaching staff that if need be they can be called upon to make a contribution to our lineup,” Carlyle said. The player who stood out most in that regard against the Wings was Josh Leivo, the 20-year-old scoring twice, including a laser beyond Jared Coreau in the final frame. Andrew MacWilliam additionally demonstrated the raw truculence that made him noticeable in the early days of camp, delivering eight hits against the Wings. Up Next The Leafs open the regular season in Montreal on Tuesday. Craig Hartsburg Stars Jersey .ca NHL Power Rankings, finally overtaking the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks, who rank second and third this week. Blake Comeau Jersey . He could have transferred when academic sanctions barred the Huskies from the NCAA tournament his junior season. http://www.thedallasstarshockey.com/anton-khudobin-hockey-jersey/ . Of course that doesnt mean hes ignoring it. Thats actually rather impossible given the behind-the-scenes access to the Toronto Maple Leafs the network is getting.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Vancouver Canucks hope an upcoming stretch of home games will be enough to get the club into the postseason. That span begins on Saturday night, when the Canucks welcome the Anaheim Ducks to Rogers Arena. The Canucks have been to the postseason in each of the past five seasons, each time going in as champion of the non-defunct Northwest Division. Vancouver has had a tougher go in the new-look Pacific Division, where it sits fifth overall with 79 points. That leaves the Canucks hoping for a wild card spot and it trails the Phoenix Coyotes by five points for the second extra playoff berth. The Coyotes, though, have played one fewer game and play host to the Minnesota Wild on Saturday. Vancouver does have a point in four straight games. The Canucks opened a quick two-game road trip with a 5-2 win over the Wild on Wednesday, claiming a third straight victory, but dropped an overtime decision the following night to the Colorado Avalanche. The Avs got the winner 55 seconds into overtime. Matt Duchene circled around the left boards to get clear of defenders before firing a pass to the front of the net where Tyson Barrie tipped it home for the win. Yannick Weber and Zack Kassian scored for the Canucks, while Eddie Lack turned away 25 shots in the loss. "We out-played them in the third, but it was not good enough," said Kassian. "We got the point and had a good road trip." The Canucks played both games on the road without leading scorer Henrik Sedin and his status for this contest is unknown because of a lower-body injury. Sedin leads Vancouver with 36 assists and 46 points. Vancouver fell to 16-19-5 on the road with Thursdays loss and will play five straight and six of its final seven games this season at home. The Canucks are 18-11-6 at Rogers Arena on the campaign. Lack is 0-2-1 with a 3.65 ggoals against average in his career versus the Ducks, who have won all three of their games versus the Canucks this season. Julius Honka Stars Jersey. That has pushed Anaheims series winning streak to four straight overall and it also has won seven of the previous 10 meetings. The Ducks have won two straight and four of their last five in Vancouver, a trend they look to continue as they chase the Pacific Division crown. Anaheim is one point back of the first-place San Jose Sharks, who visit Colorado on Saturday afternoon and have played two more games than the Ducks. Anaheim did fail to pull into a tie with San Jose last night as it lost a 4-3 decision to the Edmonton Oilers in overtime. Edmonton had taken two penalties earlier in the overtime, leading to a brief 5-on-3 for Anaheim, but the Ducks took a whistle and the teams wound up skating 3-on-3. With a lot of ice to work with, Edmontons Andrew Ference grabbed the puck in the neutral zone and skated down the middle, winding up for a big blast that ticked off the right post and in with 1:09 left on the clock. Jonas Hiller made just 19 saves in defeat, outdueled by Edmontons Ben Scrivens, who posted 48 stops. "Yeah, he was pretty good tonight," said Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau about Scrivens. "Anytime you get over 50 shots on a goal and you lose, youve got to tip your hat a little bit to the goalie." Nick Bonino, Mathieu Perreault and Patrick Maroon all scored for the Ducks, who had won two straight entering the contest and fell to 4-4-3 in their past 11. Perreault has five goals and three assists over a seven-game point streak. Hiller was making his third straight start and could give way tonight to backup Frederik Andersen. It helps that Andersen has won both of his previous career starts with the Canucks while allowing just two goals on 68 shots. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: