ARLINGTON, Texas – By the time the Blue Jays leave town after Sundays game, the Rangers will have seen enough of Anthony Gose. [

in Zuchtzeichen 26.08.2019 04:32
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas – By the time the Blue Jays leave town after Sundays game, the Rangers will have seen enough of Anthony Gose. Jrue Holiday Pelicans Jersey . His speed has created runs for Toronto and prevented runs for Texas in this series. "Hes really good," said outfield coach Tim Leiper. "He just covers a lot of ground. Hes into the game. You watch him, too, hes hungry. Hes come up here with something to prove." In Friday nights 2-0 win, the Blue Jays were stifled by Rangers ace Yu Darvish for seven innings. In the eighth, Erik Kratz surprised third baseman Adrian Beltre by laying down a leadoff bunt single. Gose followed with a drag bunt down the first base line, beating out a bang-bang play at the bag. One out later, Gose scored from first on a Melky Cabrera double, tearing around the bases. In Saturday nights 4-2 win, with the game tied 1-1 in the seventh, Gose led off with an opposite field double. He stole third and with one out, scored on a Cabrera chopper to Beltre. Gose was going the moment he saw Cabreras ball wasnt hit hard and Beltre, one of the games best defensive third baseman, didnt attempt a play at the plate. Mark Buehrle was the beneficiary of the run on Saturday but when asked about Goses offence, he quickly changed the subject. "I dont even want to talk about the scoring runs, I want to talk about the defence," said Buehrle. "Hes been out there the last couple of days, balls have been hit and this isnt a knock against Colby (Rasmus) because hes pretty fast but there were some balls hit in the gap and youre like, Damn, thats a double and then all of sudden, here comes Gose catching the ball." Gose has made two standout catches this series, both on Friday night. He robbed Mitch Moreland of extra bases in the left-centerfield gap, crashing into the wall on the run as he hauled in the ball. He went into right-centerfield to take away at least a double, likely a triple, from speedster Leonys Martin. "He made those look somewhat easy but off the bat, you dont think theyre going to get caught," said Leiper. Goses speed is one reason hes an elite defender. "Theres plenty of guys with speed and obviously hes got above average speed for anybody," said Leiper. "It comes down to he gets the jumps. For guys who are slower and they definitely need the footwork to make up for their lack of speed, hes got both." Theres another reason, one his coach appreciates just as much: Gose has impressed Leiper with his interest in pre-game preparation. Its not always noticeable, unseen on TV and likely not a fans focus while watching a game live, but Leiper notices the results pitch by pitch. "Its subtle but, for me, Im so one-dimensional now, Im just focused on what hes doing and how hes moving and where these guys are," said Leiper. "To watch him take charge with the other two outfielders, too, its impressive to watch. Hes got a good feel for the position." Pillar is Goses Platoon Partner Right-handed hitting Kevin Pillar will start in centrefield against left-handed pitchers during Colby Rasmus absence with a hamstring injury. Anthony Gose, a left-handed bat, will start against right-handers. Pillars first big league experience, late last season, was a struggle. He feels better now, knowing his role is defined. "I definitely think, knowing what your role is, whether its platooning or playing everyday, but having some sort of conversation with the manager, and knowing what your role is going to be is comforting," said Pillar. Pillar picked up his first two big league hits of 2014 in Saturday nights victory. Hes 2-for-11 during his brief stint with Toronto. He was off to a great start at Triple-A Buffalo, hitting .305/.344/.461, which included an 18-game hitting streak. The book on Pillar is off-speed, typically breaking sliders, down and away. Hell continue to be pitched that way, especially with two strikes, until he shows he can lay off. "I think its more mental than anything," said Pillar. "Mechanically, its trying to simplify a little bit, letting the ball travel a little deeper before I make a decision to swing. My second at-bat last night, I fouled off a lot of pitches, letting the ball get deep and thats a testament to staying with my approach, letting the ball get a little deeper, allowing myself to see the pitch before I swing. I think last year, part of it was trying to do too much, trying to get hits, not really seeing the ball out of the hand and this year I promised myself I wouldnt try to get hits, I would try to get good pitches to hit, and thats allowed me to lay off pitches down and away." ETwaun Moore Pelicans Jersey . The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys . Speaking on TSN Radio 1050s TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on Monday, Colangelo said he had no intention of tanking the shortened 2011-12 season, but definitely wanted a high pick in the draft. "I wish that word wasnt used for headline reasons," said Colangelo, "but the story behind it was: how can we fix the system? How can we tweak the system to make it less likely that teams are rewarded for losing records? "I do believe that if youre as transparent as we were at the time - with our season seat holders, our fans, the market place and the media - everybody knew what the plan was and what we were going through. http://www.shoppelicansonline.com/Authentic-Jahlil-Okafor-Pelicans-Jersey/ . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford.TORONTO - Anthony Duclair was happy to ditch his blue New York Rangers jersey for a red Team Canada one, at least for a few weeks.Duclair was released by the NHL club to take part in the camp leading up to the world junior hockey championship in Montreal and Toronto. So far, hes the only one.As Canada gears up to try to win its first world junior gold since 2009, theyll have to do so without a handful of eligible players who are making an impact in the pros like Floridas Aaron Ekblad and Tampa Bays Jonathan Drouin. The status of two others, Ottawas Curtis Lazar and Vancouvers Bo Horvat, is still uncertain.Letting Duclair go seemed to be a no-brainer for New York, given that he was a part-time player after making the team out of training camp.Im glad that the Rangers let me be a part of this tournament, Duclair said Saturday morning. Its the last opportunity for me to play in this tournament. When youre playing against the best junior-age players in the world, you know youre going to get some good hockey and some good minutes. Its a big tournament and its really tough to play in. Im really looking forward to it.But its far from a one-size-fits-all strategy when NHL teams weigh whether to send their young stars to the world juniors. In the case of Ekblad and Colorados reigning Calder Trophy winner, Nathan MacKinnon, saying no is quite easy.Then there are the iffy cases like Drouin, Lazar and Horvat, each of whom has played a bottom-six role as a rookie in the NHL. All have been healthy scratches fewer times than Duclair was with the Rangers.Every situations different, Duclair said. I think every player you need to handle differently. Some guys in the NHL have a lot of impact in their club teams. You dont want to let them go. For myself, I was in and out of the lineup as a young guy, so I think it was a pretty good decision for me to come here.Drouin was Canadas second-leading scorer at last years tournament with three goals and six assists in seven games. Looking at his whole season with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey Leagues Halifax Mooseheads, Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman liked what he saw out of Drouin becoming a more complete player.After breaking his right thumb, Drouin made his Tampa Bay debut in October and has a goal and 10 assists and has averaged just under 13 minutes of ice time. Coach Jon Cooper made him a healthy scratch four times.Still, Yzerman wants Drouin to keep growing in the NHL, not at the junior level.Its just going to take a little time adjusting, Yzerman told local media this week. Were asking him to do more thaan just score: Be good in all aspects of the game. Jrue Holiday Jersey. And hes committed to it and we want him to get as much opportunity here.Lazar had three goals and four assists for Canada last year, and theres only a small chance hell get to have an encore. Part of that has to do with a knee injury to Chris Neil that opens up a spot for the 19-year-old with the Senators.A healthy scratch twice early, Lazar has a goal and six assists and has had similar ice time to Drouin. The Senators declined comment on Lazar until a final decision is made on whether to loan him to Canada for the world juniors.Horvat might be the most interesting case of all, considering he has carved out a niche for himself with the Canucks.Horvat, who was selected with the draft pick Vancouver acquired in the Cory Schneider trade with New Jersey, has only been scratched once since he broke into the NHL. He has a goal and four assists and is averaging about 10 minutes of ice time per game.When the Canucks came to Toronto on Dec. 6, Hockey Canada president and CEO Tom Renney took a light-hearted jab at trying to get Horvat loaned for the world juniors. In an interview shown on the video screens at Air Canada Centre, Renney said Team Canada was pretty complete, except for maybe a player on the ice tonight.That line aside, theres undoubtedly some pressure on the Canucks to decide before Canada finalizes its roster. Thats not due until Christmas Day, but the decision on Horvat must be made before the NHL roster freeze goes into effect Dec. 19.Duclair will get that experience after being passed over last year. The Montreal native had just a goal and six assists with the Rangers but in 2013-14 recorded 99 points for the Quebec Remparts.Canadian coach Benoit Groulx, whose full-time job is behind the bench for the QMJHLs Gatineau Olympiques, hopes Duclair can be a force. Last year after Christmas he was tough to play against, Groulx said. He ended up scoring 50 goals, and when you have a 50-goal scorer, whether its in the Quebec League, Ontario League or Western League, youve got to respect that.Duclair is a nice fit as a natural right-winger, according to Hockey Canada director of player personnel Ryan Jankowski.Scratched for Saturday nights exhibition game against the Toronto CIS Selects team, Duclair is a virtual lock to make the roster and just hopes he can make the most of this chance.I think I bring some experience, some leadership in the locker-room, Duclair said. Whatever I learned at the pro level I can bring down to the team here.———Follow @SWhyno on Twitter. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: