The Tennessee Titans know their newest player

in Marie97's Ranch 03.09.2019 05:28
von zhangzk • 143 Beiträge

NASHVILLE http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-gardner-minshew-ii-jersey , Tenn. (AP) — with a scouting report coming from their new defensive coordinator and not the quarterback.The Titans acquired linebacker Kamalei Correa (KAH-mah-lay corr-A-uh) from the Baltimore Ravens for an undisclosed draft pick Tuesday. Correa played the past two seasons for Dean Pees, who had been the Ravens’ defensive coordinator before coming out of retirement to work for first-year head coach Mike Vrabel in Tennessee.“Dean’s very familiar with him,” Vrabel said. “I’m excited to get to know him, kind of see what he can handle. Don’t want to overload anybody, just get him here find out what he can handle. Take a look at him on Thursday potentially and then moving forward where we see him best being able to fit us and help us.”Correa was the 42nd pick overall in 2016 out of Boise State, and the 6-foot-3, 241-pound linebacker started four of his 25 games with Baltimore. Vrabel said Correa has shown versatility so far in his career playing on and off the ball, having had a good preseason with Baltimore.The Titans are a bit thin right now at linebacker with Derrick Morgan not practicing since the team’s second preseason game, a loss to Tampa Bay . Morgan also has not been seen in the locker room. Brian Orakpo just returned to practice Monday after hurting a shoulder July 27 Marquise Brown Jersey , and rookie Harold Landry hurt an ankle in last weekend’s loss at Pittsburgh.Inside linebacker Rashaan Evans has missed most of the preseason with an undisclosed injury.“What we felt like was that he could give us depth at both spots,” Vrabel said. “He could help us on fourth down, give us some rush, but also be able to spell some of those guys right now whether it be … Derrick or Brian.”The linebacker had 20 sacks and 31½ tackles for loss at Boise State, and he played with Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota in high school at the St. Louis School in Honolulu, Hawaii. Mariota said he learned of the trade from a couple of texts messages from people back in Hawaii. Mariota texted Correa congratulations.“I’m excited. It’s pretty crazy. It’s kind of full circle …” Mariota said. “To play together in high school to then have the opportunity to play together here at this level is something that’s special. I’m excited to have him. I think he’ll do well for us and hopefully make a difference.”
The adjustments have come both ways and Pittsburgh Pirates rookie outfielder Austin Meadows is doing better at them than opposing pitchers.

Through the first three games of a series against Arizona that concludes Sunday at PNC Park, Meadows has gotten the better of Diamondbacks pitching. Despite going 0-for-4 Saturday, he’s 5-for-13 in the series with a run, a walk and a stolen base.

In fact http://www.ravensfootballauthentics.com/jaylon-ferguson-jersey-authentic , Meadows told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that pitchers are only adjusting to him “a little bit” after his early success.

“They’re throwing a little more of their off-speed early in the count for strikes,” he said. “For me, it’s just going out there and having the same mentality I did when I got here. Having that fastball-first mentality and adjusting to certain things and staying in my zone and not swinging at their pitches.”

Meadows, 23, a 2013 first-round draft pick who is healthy after injury setbacks, started on fire after his call-up from Triple-A Indianapolis on May 18, but going from .409 to .330 is probably just leveling off to something closer to what he can maintain.

He has made 25 starts — he batted leadoff Saturday in a 7-2 Pirates loss — divided among all three outfield spots. He has hits in 20 of the 25 starts, including 12 of the past 14, with six doubles Miles Boykin Jersey , two triples, five homers, 11 RBIs, 14 runs and five stolen bases.

Pirates manager Clint Hurdle expects that opposing teams will use whatever resources they have to try to shift the advantage to the pitchers.

“We’ve seen a punch-back already,” said Hurdle, who doesn’t sound as if he expects opponents to fully solve Meadows any time soon.

“If you’re not impressed by Meadows’ at-bats, you need to go watch another sport right now,” he said.

Pittsburgh (36-40) has lost four straight and five of six. Arizona (43-33) has won three in a row, five of six Deandre Baker Jersey , and will go for a four-game series sweep Sunday.

Arizona right-hander Clay Buchholz (1-1, 2.94 ERA) is scheduled to face Pirates right-hander Trevor Williams (6-4, 4.00).

Buchholz has three no-decisions in a row. His most recent start last Sunday was one of the Diamondbacks’ most frustrating losses.

He allowed one earned run in 5 2/3 innings and Arizona went into the ninth inning with a 3-1 lead before the New York Mets came back against closer Brad Boxberger to win 5-3.

“We got some very solid pitching, and Buccholz handed it off to the bullpen,” manager Torey Lovullo said.

Buchholz was subdued but “felt pretty good for the most part.”

Buchholz has been strong on the road with no wins to show for it — 0-1 with a 2.12 ERA and a .180 average against in three starts.

He is 0-1 with a 10.13 ERA in two career starts against the Pirates.

Williams is coming off a gem. He pitched seven one-hit, scoreless innings and struck out seven Monday in a 1-0 win over Milwaukee. It was his first win since May 15.

Against the Diamondbacks, Williams is 1-1 with a 3.21 ERA in three career starts. That includes a 13-8 road loss on June 12 when he gave up six runs (one earned) in the first inning and two in the third.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: