DETROIT - David Price got into a sticky situation in the eighth, and Brad Ausmus decided to leave the ace in the game. [url=http

in Jobzentrale 05.09.2019 10:26
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

DETROIT - David Price got into a sticky situation in the eighth, and Brad Ausmus decided to leave the ace in the game. Ashlyn Harris USA Jersey . Price then rewarded his manager for the vote of confidence. Price wriggled out of the jam in his final inning, and the Detroit Tigers snapped Seattles five-game winning streak with a 4-2 victory over Felix Hernandez and the Mariners on Saturday. The Tigers had a three-run lead when the Mariners loaded the bases with one out in the eighth. When Ausmus came out of the dugout, Price was sure his night was done. "Ive never had a manager come out in the middle of the inning and not pull me," he said. "That had never happened." But Ausmus just wanted to check in with Price, who is 1-0 with a 3.18 ERA in three starts since he was acquired from Tampa Bay in a three-team trade last month. "This is only Davids third game for us, so Im not used to how he handles himself late in the game," Ausmus said. "I went out there to ask him if he was OK, he gave me a very definitive answer, and I went back to the dugout." Price then struck out Austin Jackson — one of the players Detroit traded for him — and then got Dustin Ackley to ground into a force at second. "That was a huge moment for me," Price said. "I wanted to finish that inning off, so I looked Brad straight in the eye and told him I was good to go. I didnt want to be one of those pitchers who looks down and mumbles that hes OK. I wanted to make sure he knew I was ready." Hernandez was pulled after five innings and 92 pitches. He allowed two runs and seven hits, struck out three and walked none. Hernandez was hit on his left hip by Ian Kinslers comebacker on the third out of the fourth inning, and took another glancing blow from a ball hit by Miguel Cabrera in the fifth. "Hes fine, we just took him out as a precaution after he got hit again by Miguel in the fifth," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. Hernandez (13-4) lost his record streak of 16 straight starts of at least seven innings and no more than two runs. Hernandez broke Tom Seavers major league mark of 13 straight earlier this month. "Im fine — Im going to live," Hernandez said. "I was throwing a lot of pitches tonight, especially at the beginning of the game. I wasnt missing by much. "The streaks over, but Ill start a new one soon." Joe Nathan pitched the ninth, allowing one run while picking up his 25th save. It was his first appearance since making a profane gesture at Comerica Park fans on Wednesday, and he received a mixture of cheers and boos when he was introduced. "I apologized on Thursday, but I still feel terrible for my actions, so I want to apologize again," said Nathan, who didnt celebrate after the final out. "Ill keep apologizing until the fans understand how upset I am that I let my frustration get the best of me. I dont want my entire career to be known for three seconds of anger." Nick Castellanos hit a solo homer in the fourth for Detroit. He also had a two-out RBI single in the Tigers two-run seventh. TRAINERS ROOM Seattle: Cano was back in the starting lineup one day after fouling a pitch off his foot. Cano played several more innings after the painful foul ball, only leaving when the Mariners built a comfortable lead, and was fine to play against Price. Detroit: Cabrera needed the attention of Tigers trainer Kevin Rand after taking a Hernandez fastball just above the left elbow. The impact caused Cabreras hand to go numb — a day after he had stayed in Fridays series opener after injuring this thumb on the first play of the game — but he stayed in the game after a short delay. UP NEXT The three-game series concludes with rookie Robbie Ray (1-2, 5.31 ERA) facing Seattles Chris Young (11-6, 3.20 ERA). Ray, acquired in the Doug Fister trade last winter, is in his second stint with the Tigers, both to replace Anibal Sanchez in the rotation. Young has never lost to Detroit in three career starts, going 1-0 with a 2.14 ERA. BIG CROWD The Hernandez-Price matchup, plus a post-game fireworks show, drew a sold-out crowd of 43,833 — Detroits sixth straight sellout. ROSTER MOVE The Tigers purchased the contract of reliever Jim Johnson from Triple-A Toledo and sent Melvin Mercedes back to the Mud Hens. Johnson posted 101 saves for Baltimore in the last two seasons, but he struggled with Oakland and was released on August 1. Amy Rodriguez Jersey . PETERSBURG, Florida – Its been almost seven years since the Blue Jays last won a series at Tropicana Field. Emily Sonnett Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. http://www.officialsocceruswntshop.com/rose-lavelle-usa-jersey/ . "Right now were kind of looking at him at the end of the rotation right now," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Not indicative of how hes doing or how hes feeling. Its just, it seems like the spot we want him right now.FONTANA, Calif. - James Hinchcliffe will return to Andretti Autosport in 2014 with sponsorship from United Fiber & Data. The team, meanwhile, will switch from Chevrolet to Honda. The manufacturer change to Honda announced before Saturday nights season finale at Auto Club Speedway had been expected after rival Chip Ganassi said two weeks ago he was moving to Chevrolet. The re-signing of Hinchcliffe went down to the wire. Not only did Andretti need a new primary sponsor to replace GoDaddy, but Hinchcliffe had been in discussions with Ganassi on a multi-series program. Hinchcliffes hope had been that the Ganassi deal would eventually lead him to the teams No. 10 car currently driven by Dario Franchitti. But without sponsorship needed to fund the Ganassi program, Hinchcliffes smart play was a return to Andretti, where hes become a breakout star for the series. "The last two years have been tremendous and weve spoken so much about the chemistry and the team, and being able to keep the band together is huge," Hinchcliffe said. The Oakville, Ont., native was hired by Andretti following Dan Wheldons death in a crash in the 2011 season finale. Wheldon had been scheduled to replace Danica Patrick in the Andretti ride, and team owner Michael Andretti then turned to Hinchcliffe, who was looking for a ride following the unexpected closure of Newman-Haas Racing. Instantly popular among fans off the track, Hinchcliffe clicked immediately with new teammates Marco Andretti and Ryan Hunter-Reay. He hit his stride this season, where he won his first career IndyCar race in the St. Pete season-opener, and later added wins at Brazil and Iowa. But the indecision of sponsor GoDaddy made Hinchcliffes future at Andretti uncertain. Instead, Michael Andretti grabbed United Fiber & Data for the No. 27 car. The tech company, which was founded by three members of the multi-platinum rock band LIVE and their Think Loud Development company, will also be an associate sponsor for Marco Andretti and HHunter-Reay, and the primary sponsor for Pro Mazda Champion Matthew Brabham as he moves to Indy Lights next season for Andretti. Lindsey Horan USA Jersey. UFD director Bill Hynes said Hinchcliffe will be an outstanding spokesman for its tech company. "We saw how great James was with his prior sponsor, how great he was as a brand ambassador, and we almost want to piggyback to that," said Hynes. "We just really love the IndyCar product, we really think its great platform for us and we really think the face for UFD should be (Hinchcliffe)." The move to Honda was expected following Ganassis decision to join Roger Penske in the Chevrolet ranks. It put the top three IndyCar organizations with the same manufacturer, and a switch to Honda made sense for Andretti. It means hell be the top team and not fighting with two others for attention or resources. "Its like being back home," Andretti said. "I have no doubt that together we will see great success." Andretti won three series championships with Honda in 2004, 2005 and 2007, and the Indianapolis 500 in 2005 and 2007. Of Andretti Autosports 48 IndyCar wins, 39 were with Honda. "As many of you will remember, the Andretti organization played a major role in Hondas success during the previous era of manufacturer competition in Indy car racing, and were looking forward to adding more victories and championships to an already impressive total," said Art St. Cyr, President, Honda Performance Development. In its two seasons with Chevrolet, Andretti won the championship last season with Hunter-Reay and nine races. "We would like to thank the Andretti Autosport drivers for their on-track achievements that contributed to Chevrolet clinching the 2012 manufacturers championship," said Jim Campbell, U.S. Vice-President Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. "They are all true professionals on and off the track. We wish them well and look forward to spirited competition in the future." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: