TORONTO -- Issey Nakajima-Farran walked past a reporter recently, confiding with a smile that he had finally got a TV for his ne

in Jobzentrale 05.09.2019 10:26
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Issey Nakajima-Farran walked past a reporter recently, confiding with a smile that he had finally got a TV for his new apartment. Ben Davies Hotspur Jersey . The Toronto FC midfielder was looking forward to being able to watch soccer again. The MLS newcomer was starting to put down roots in Toronto. An artist as well as a soccer player, he had deliberately chosen a slightly grittier part of town to make his home, to get a taste of the town. The Canadian international will be looking for a new cable provider and home after being traded Friday, on his 30th birthday, to the Montreal Impact for American Collen Warner and allocation money. The move, the first ever trade between the two teams, clearly came as a shock. "Birthday surprise!! Wow! Just like that. Its not right. Surreal. .mlssoccer .Inhumane," Nakajima-Farran tweeted. "Still in the dressing trying to soak it all in. My cargo box still hasnt arrived from Spain. Was ready to call this home! Life goes on." he added in another tweet before thanking the Toronto fans, players and everyone who had helped him settle. Nakajima-Farrans last kick in a Toronto uniform was the penalty shootout winner Wednesday that sent the Reds past Vancouver into the final of the Amway Canadian Championship. For Toronto, the deal is a chance to bolster a midfield that will be without Michael Bradley until his World Cup duties with the U.S. team are over. It also offers manager Ryan Nelsen a different piece in the midfield puzzle. When healthy, Toronto has options on the flank in Brazils Jackson, Alvaro Rey and Dwayne De Rosario. Nelsen also likes to use Jonathan Osorio there, allowing the creative Canadian to drift in and out. In central midfield, the options were fewer outside of Bradley and Osorio, especially with Jeremy Hall still working his way back from injury. Canadian Kyle Bekker has shown great growth but more help was needed. Warner is a holding midfielder who can play elsewhere along the middle. "Ive liked Collen for a long time, to tell you the truth," Nelsen said after practice Friday. "He gives us options in that midfield that we just didnt have," he added. Warner has 92 appearances, including 64 starts, with Montreal and Real Salt Lake since emerging from the football factory of the University of Portland. A holding midfielder, the 25-year-old has started all nine of Montreals MLS games this season but was sent off for handball last time out in a 3-0 loss to Sporting Kansas City. Nakajima-Farran has two goals in five games since signing with Toronto, second only to Jerman Defoes three. He had been with the team since training camp but did not sign until late March. "I feel sorry for Issey," Nelsen said. "Because since we brought him in, hes done nothing wrong. Hes such a great guy and hes done really well. "But unfortunately when we have all our players back, it probably would have been hard to see him starting on the team. Where with Collen, hell start. Hes a starting player .... Hes a guy we targeted and Im glad hes going to be walking in the door." Nakajima-Farran will offer Montreal some creativity and flair in the attacking half of the park. But with seven goals for and 17 against, the Impact needs help at both ends. Toronto FC captain Steven Caldwell was sorry to see Nakajima-Farran go. "Its horrible and thats just the game we play, especially in this (MLS) environment with the trading and different things that go on," said the Scot, no fan of the trades allowed in the North American league. "We wish him all the best. He was an important member of our squad. We enjoyed his play and his company and everything about him. A fantastic lad. "But decisions are made and we move forward. Were getting an excellent player coming in. Isseys going to a great football club as well. Hopefully everyone benefits from it." Born in Calgary to a Japanese mother and a British-Canadian father (who was born in Rhodesia), Nakajima-Farran moved to Tokyo when he was three and London when he was 10. He spent his teenage years in the British capital, playing in the Crystal Palace youth system before heading to Japan to begin his pro soccer career. He went on to play in Singapore, Denmark, Australia and Cyprus. "He is a player whose qualities will fit well within our group and style of play," Impact head coach Frank Klopas said in a statement. "We feel his experience with both the national team and abroad will benefit our team." Impact owner Joey Saputo has promised changes to his 1-5-3 team. The allocation money obtained in Fridays deal may help that cause. Nakajima-Farrans salary is listed at US$110,000 by the MLS Players Union, compared to US$143,000 for Warner. Davinson Sanchez Jersey . After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin. Son Heung-min Hotspur Jersey . -- Albert Pujols is thrilled to have a reason to forget about his first two disappointing seasons with the Los Angeles Angels. http://www.footballhotspurstore.com/Women-Paulo-Gazzaniga-Tottenham-Hotspur-Jersey/ . Anything less than gold for either nation is considered a disappointment. Yet for Switzerland, advancing to the semifinal might be a victory in itself.FALCON HEIGHTS, Minn. -- Andrew Wiggins spent the previous month seemingly in hiding, side-stepping questions about a trade that was all but finished and coming to the realization he was not going to be teammates with LeBron James. On Tuesday -- finally -- Wiggins and the rest of the new Minnesota Timberwolves got to address the issue head on and have their moment in the sun. The Timberwolves unveiled the bounty they got for All-Star Kevin Love at the Minnesota State Fair, and Wiggins wore an ear-to-ear smile for most of the day as hundreds of fans followed him around the fairgrounds. It was a warm welcome after the disappointment of being drafted No. 1 overall by Cleveland, only to be shipped out when the Cavaliers decided to acquire the veteran Love to help James chase down a championship. "Its been a crazy summer, really up and down. Kind of lost, not really knowing where Im going," said Wiggins, a native of Vaughan, Ont. "But I wanted to play for a team that wanted me. I felt the love as soon as I got off the plane at the airport, so its all good now. Im excited for this season." Wiggins made the remarks while sitting on a stage with Anthony Bennett of Brampton, Ont., and Thaddeus Young -- the two other players that came to Minnesota in the three-team blockbuster -- and Timberwolves first-round draft pick Zach LaVine. Truth be told, Wiggins has known for weeks that he was never going to play for the Cavs -- becoming just the second No. 1 overall pick since the NBA-ABA merger in 1976 to be traded without ever playing a game for the team that drafted him. But a seldom-used rule in the collective bargaining agreement prevented the deal from being consummated for 30 days. "Ive been hearing all the talks for a while now," said Bennett, the No. 1 overall pick in 2013. "So me being here in Minnesota, its a great (state). Its a great fan base, great team coming up where everybodys young. We have some vets, too. Im just here to learn from everybody." Reports leaked out long before the deadline that the deal was agreed upon and Wiggins had to make a couple of awkward promotional appearances where he bobbed and weaved around questtions about his uncertain future. Moussa Sissoko Jersey. When it was made official, Wiggins had to hear about moving from a team that expected to contend for a title with the NBAs best player on board to a franchise that hasnt made the playoffs in 10 years. For a 19-year-old, that could be tough to swallow. "For me its not really hard to accept it," Wiggins said flatly. "Im the type of guy that I go to where Im needed. I go to where Im wanted, really. Thats what I like." He handed out autographed photos at the fair and was followed from station to station by dozens of giddy fans. Wiggins and LaVine went down a giant slide, Bennett ate some deep fried alligator meat and Young reveled in the festive atmosphere. "Ive never been a part of something this big before," said Young, a seven-year veteran. Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor was ecstatic about the enthusiasm the deal has generated among a worn-down fan base. It contrasts sharply with the deal the team made back in 2007 to trade Kevin Garnett to Boston. "I spoke the truth that if Kevin (Love) would stay here I think we would have the best season," Taylor said. "But inside I knew I dont think Kevin was giving us that alternative, even though its what I wanted. So now you have the thing where Kevin kind of said trade me or youre going to pay the (price) next year. We had four teams that came to us with significant offers. But this truly had the biggest upside." Earlier in the day, the players visited Target Center for the first time as Timberwolves. Wiggins walked around the locker room and slipped on a white No. 22 Wolves jersey with his name on the back. As he sat down in the chair in front of his locker, he let out a big sigh. Finally, all the trade talk, all the uncertainty, all the posturing was over. He is a Timberwolf now. And instead of being a sidekick for James, hes one of the central figures in a team that appears to at least have a sense of direction for the first time in the last decade. "It was a big relief," Wiggins said. "Now its solidified. Im situated in a spot where I know Im going to be at for a very, very long time. Its comforting." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: