ffect things positively. The WNBA can really grow in the right hands. Nneka doesnt just play in the WNBA, she plays overseas, so

in Fragen 30.06.2018 07:27
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

Nneka Ogwumike had a phenomenal season, but I wasnt surprised. Ive seen this for years. Ive always known Nneka was supertalented and that she plays with an unbelievable passion.Its not surprising how well she played, because thats what shes capable of. You know how its the day before a game and theres a ball going out of bounds and you dont dive for it because you have a game tomorrow? Nneka will dive for it. Theres no chill button.In a drill, theres no, You take it easy, Ill take it easy. Theres none of that. And you kind of get to a point where you do what she does. I think everybody kind of took on her identity a little bit.Nneka doesnt get upset when she doesnt get shots. She just goes and gets it. Thats kind of what shes done her whole career, but this year [she was named WNBA most valuable player], we just got her shots. Coach Brian Agler always said that all we needed to do was have practice time together so we could come together and take advantage of our strengths. Thats truly what happened. We got on the court and figured out how to really feature her. [The Sparks won their first WNBA championship since 2002.]Shes always been a good friend and supporter. She helped me understand that its OK to be vulnerable. She often would say, We know you can do everything. Let us help you! If somebody else would say that to me, itd be like, What do you mean? But with Nneka, I knew genuinely that she meant it and its coming from a really good place.I think she understands where I come from and my journey. She kind of bridged the gap between me and the world. I dont really show myself to a lot of people. And she was the one who said, Its OK. Show yourself.We were in Minnesota when she got elected president of the WNBA players union. I went over to congratulate her and she was like, You know I ran unopposed?I laughed. Thats even more of a congratulations, because nobody else would step forward and do it, I said.She wants to spark change and affect things positively. The WNBA can really grow in the right hands. Nneka doesnt just play in the WNBA, she plays overseas, so shes going to protect the rights of both types of players.There were things that were done in the collective bargaining agreement, before this, that basically swayed it to the advantage of players that only played in the WNBA. We cant ignore the fact that you make your living overseas. I know thats something shes thinking about.She definitely cares about the world. Shes very passionate about making sure things are the right way. Thats her biggest thing: making sure things are fair. Whoever you are, whatever you are, if you work hard, you can get out of it what you put in.More on Nneka Ogwumike? Ogwumike helps power Sparks to WNBA title Story ?? No matter how you look at it, Ogwumike is right pick for MVP Story ?? WNBA players turn to Ogwumike as players union president Story ?? What it feels like to be a WNBA champion Video ?The IMPACT25 is espnWs annual list of the 25 athletes and influencers who have made the greatest difference for women in sports. Explore the 2016 list and more content at espnW.com/IMPACT25. Cheap Packers Jerseys Authentic . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Cheap Green Bay Packers Jerseys .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. http://www.cheappackersjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-james-looney-jersey . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Cheap JMon Moore Jersey . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Cheap Kendall Donnerson Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from.London 2012 gold medallist Anna Watkins has conceded defeat in her bid to make Great Britains Olympic rowing squad for Rio. Watkins and Katherine Grainger took the Olympic title in double sculls four years ago, since when Watkins has taken time out of the sport to have two children.The 32-year-old returned last summer after three years away in an attempt to regain form and fitness for another Olympic medal tilt. But Watkins accepts she has not reached the required standard and has left the GB training squad ahead of this summers Games in Brazil.She said on the British Rowing website: I am very sad it hasnt worked out and this is not a decision that Ive taken lightly.Ive had great support from everyone involved with the GB Rowing team as well as the wider rowing community, my family and friends. I guess I would have always wondeered about what might have been if I hadnt given it a go.ddddddddddddowing has been such a big part of my life and I am sure that I will remain involved in some way. I am just taking some time to think this over but Ill continue to support my team-mates in whatever way I can.British team coach Paul Thompson saluted Watkins for attempting to earn selection.Anna is an outstanding athlete and an extremely ambitious and talented individual, he said.Anna gave this her best shot and it unfortunately hasnt worked out. She is a fabulous ambassador for our sport and a great champion. We wish her and her family well for the future. Also See: SportsWomen Latest Show News Latest News SportsWomen Video Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: