BOSTON -- Andre Williams had already rushed for more than 2,000 yards heading into Boston Colleges regular-season finale. [url=h

in Appartments 11.09.2019 04:50
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Andre Williams had already rushed for more than 2,000 yards heading into Boston Colleges regular-season finale. Jason Williams Kings Jersey . Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston was being investigated for sexual assault, and his Heisman Trophy stock was falling. For a few days, it looked like the BC running back might have a chance to bring home college footballs most prestigious individual honour. Then, Florida prosecutors decided not to bring charges against Winston, removing what was seen as the last impediment to his Heisman candidacy. And Williams was injured in the season finale against Syracuse, finishing with 29 yards in the game -- far short of the almost 190 yards per week he was averaging this season. And that might have been the end of his Heisman chances. "I was more worried about how it was going to affect our bowl chances," Williams said this week after he was announced as one of six Heisman finalists to be invited to the award ceremony on Saturday. "The only opportunity we really missed is being able to get that eighth win against Syracuse. I really wasnt worried about Heisman polls." The nations leading rusher with 175 yards per game and only the 16th player in FBS history to surpass 2,000 yards in a season, Williams was already at a nearby mall shopping for clothes for the Doak Walker Award ceremony when he learned in a text from associate athletic director Barry Gallup that he was a Heisman finalist. Williams won the Doak Walker, which is given to the nations top running back, on Thursday night. Now, he has a side trip to New York for Saturdays Heisman ceremony. "I just feel blessed to have the opportunity to go to the ceremony and be around these other great athletes," Williams said. "Whoever wins it, congratulations to them, because its a monumental achievement." There was a time when running backs routinely brought home the Heisman. They won 11 straight from John Cappelletti in 1973 until Boston Colleges Doug Flutie interrupted the streak in 1984. Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders were also good enough to get their names on the trophy along with the quarterbacks and receivers in the 1980s, and four more rushers -- including Ricky Williams -- claimed it in the 90s. But as teams grew more pass-happy in the new millennium, the Heisman has been almost exclusively a quarterbacking prize. Only Reggie Bush and Mark Ingram have broken through against a steady stream of quarterbacks -- 11 in 13 years. Winston is expected to make it 12 of 14 during a season in which he is on pace to break the NCAA record for passer efficiency rating (190.1) and has already set records for yards passing (3,820) and TD passes (38) for a freshman. Williams said he doesnt feel the need to carry the ball for ball-carriers. "I love being a running back. I love representing running backs," he said. "I dont necessarily think its unfair that its been quarterbacks high up in the Heisman contention lately. That position is hard to play. Its hard to be good at it. With the trend toward teams playing spread offences and throwing the ball more, thats one of the things behind it. You have to have a good quarterback." But BC coach Steve Addazio said he would like to see the Heisman voters reward Williams, a senior who served as a teaching assistant for freshman seminar and is writing a novel in his spare time. "Hes a well-rounded guy," Addazio said. "Hes a guy who values and cherishes his education, his opportunity to play major college football, and being part of a team. Hes got a lot of different interests just like a typical college student would have. Hes not just all focused on football. "I think he represents what Boston College stands for. ... If thats the criteria: outstanding football player, a dominant football player, great integrity, a tremendous person and an outstanding student athlete, theyre really important. In this case thats what he stands for." Yogi Ferrell Jersey . - Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard has signed with WME-IMG, saying the sports management powerhouse will help maximize the value of my brand. Yogi Ferrell Kings Jersey . The Major League Soccer teams were scheduled to play on Saturday night, but their game was rescheduled after Stu Tudor was hit during a pregame storm. The 54-year-old lieutenant in the Columbus Fire Department is in critical condition in the intensive care unit of the Ohio State Medical Center. http://www.nbakingsonline.com/Authentic-Vlade-Divac-Kings-Jersey/ . - The Florida Panthers are getting some Army training to finish off their preparations for the season.ABBOTSFORD, B.C. -- Benn Ferrieros familiar with scoring important goals, just not in back-to-back games. Ferriero scored the overtime goal for the second-straight night to lift the Utica Comets to a 4-3 win over the Abbotsford Heat in American Hockey League action Saturday. "Ive never scored two in a row like that, but Ive scored a couple OT winners in my career in college and pro," said Ferriero. "It feels good to help the team like that." Ferriero took advantage of Chris Breens broken stick at the Abbotsford blue-line, burst past the lone defender and buried a slap shot top corner on goalie Joey MacDonald. "They had a good rush going there but they got a little unlucky when (Breen) broke his stick," said Ferriero. "I saw there was the one D man that I thought I could catch. (Yann) Sauve made a great pass to me. Im pretty happy about that one." The 26-year-old right-winger is red-hot. Besides also scoring the only goal in Fridays 1-0 win against the Heat, he has five goals in as many games and 10 points during an eight-game point streak. After signing with the Vancouver Canucks in the summer, hes played just two games for the Comets NHL affiliate. Even though Abbotsford is in the Canucks backyard -- just an hour east -- he thinks his consistency will be what gets him back the sports top level. "Youve got (their presence) in the back of your head, but you cant control anything, except how you play out there," said Ferriero, who has 31 points in 39 games this season. "This year Im really trying to work on consistency and bringing it every single night." Alex Grenier scored twice for the Comets, but like Ferriero, he says he doesnt like to dwell on that either. "Maybe a little, its a bit different, but youve got to concentrate and play your game," said Grenier, Vancouvers 2011 third-round choice. "Theyre not looking for guys who are better here than anywhere else. We just give it everything and hope its enough." Brandon DeFazio had the other Comets goal, while Pascal Pelletier had two assists for Utica (15-20-5), which has won four straight. "It was a real tight game, tight-checking, feisty," said Ferriero. "We knew coming in, since we beat them a couple times in a row. Thhey pushed back and responded from the beginning. Bogdan Bogdanovic Kings Jersey. ." Joacim Eriksson made 23 saves in the win. Max Reinhart and Markus Granlund each had a goal and an assist for Abbotsford (26-14-4) and Brett Olson also scored. MacDonald made 35 saves in the losing effort, though his coach says he doesnt blame him for the overtime goal. "The game-winning goal was a great goal," said Heat head coach Troy Ward. "That would have gone in in the NHL. That was a goal-scorers goal. He had one intent, and that was to shoot it as hard as he could. He did that, and I give that guy a lot of credit." The Comets opened the scoring 2:05 into the game. After a lively dump into the Abbotsford zone, Jordan Schroeder chipped the puck to the front of the net where DeFazio swept it past MacDonald with a backhander for his fifth of the season. Granlund, however, evened the score with a power-play goal at 7:42. He took a feed from Reinhart and beat Eriksson with a wrist shot glove side for his 17th of the year. Despite failing to score on a two-man advantage earlier in the second period, the Comets regained the lead at 7:51. Pelletier chipped the puck in front, where Grenier turned and quickly beat MacDonald blocker side for his 14th of the season. "Pelletier made really nice plays to me," said Grenier, "I was fortunate to be there but Pascal made all the plays there." The Heat drew even at 10:52 while killing a penalty for too many men. Granlund fanned on his shot attempt on a two-on-two rush, but Reinhart redirected the puck past the Comets netminder for his ninth of the season. Olson scored at 7:18 to give the Heat their first lead of the night. Olsons forecheck pressured Yann Sauve into coughing up the puck at the face-off dot. Olson pounced, walked in on Eriksson and went short side for his seventh of the year and his first point in 14 games. The Comets, however, evened the score at 11:13. Pelletier forced John Ramage to give it up behind the net and Grenier was there to bury his second of the game. Then, at 1:10 of overtime Ferriero netted the winner. "That was an unbelievable shot, one of the best Ive ever seen," said Grenier. "Im really happy for Benny. Hes been one of our key players for the season." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
engola