ork to do.Note: Gruden said TE Jordan Reed (shoulder) wo

in Fragen 21.09.2019 15:12
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

Fewer referrals, slashed decision times and a saving of more than 10 hours of live play.These are the major positives put in front of the NRL competition committee on Tuesday following the raft of rule changes made to the game in 2016.Among them was video referral decisions taking an average of 12 seconds less time compared to last year, as a result of the introduction of the $2 million bunker this season.Surprisingly, only 41 per cent of try attempts have been sent to the bunker this season, after 44 per cent were referred in 2015.However, stats did show a five per cent rise in live decisions overturned by the men in Eveleigh compared to video officials who were at the ground last year.Whether most of them were correct calls is up for debate.But in a big coup for the game, fans have been treated to more live play, with more than 10 hours saved as a result of the scrum clock and drop-out clock in 2016.Competition committee member Trent Robinson admitted just last week that the maligned bunker would be set for a review at the end of the season following a coachs meeting in May.But NRL Head of Football Brian Canavan said it was critical the committee be shown the early results before discussing more changes over the summer.This is an incredibly important group and todays meeting was a great opportunity to put some early results from some of the major changes in the game to them, he said.The group will now go back and digest a lot of the information so they can look at the way some of those key changes are shaping the game.Robinson and South Sydney counterpart Michael Maguire are the two coaches elected into the committee, which includes Rugby League Players Association representative Clint Newton, and NRL boss Todd Greenberg.Australian Rugby League Commission chairman John Grant and commissioner Wayne Pearce are also in the group.The state-of-the-game update also showed 34 per cent of games this year have been decided by six points or fewer, a record 15 games have been decided by golden point, and there has been an increase in tries.Television audiences are also up 16 per cent compared to last season.Fake Shoes Australia . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. Wholesale Shoes Australia . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. https://www.shoesaustraliaonline.com/ . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. Shoes Australia From China . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. Clearance Shoes Australia .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team.WASHINGTON -- Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden defended some of the decisions that left him open to second guessing in his teams loss to the NFC East-leading Dallas Cowboys.One by one during a conference call with reporters on Friday, Gruden went over some of the key moments of a 31-26 road defeat, ending a two-game winning streak for the Redskins (6-4-1).There was the stuffed wildcat run on first-and-goal on a possession that ended with only a field goal. Then another red-zone possession at the end of the first half that also led to only three points after more than 15 seconds ticked away -- on purpose, Gruden said.There was the missed 55-yard field goal -- Redskins kicker Dustin Hopkins career best was from 54 -- that gave Dallas a short field, which it took advantage of for a six-play TD drive. And the botched onside kick early in the fourth quarter Thursday, which again left the Cowboys with a short field, resulting in an eight-play TD drive.My mindsets going to not change. Were going to be aggressive in all phases of the game. If we see a look that we like, weve got to call it, Gruden said. Were not going to end the game and say, Dang, I wish I would have tried an onside kick or I wish I had tried the field goal.Given the way some of his pivotal choices worked out -- or didnt, actually -- Gruden might have been expected to say he wishes he had not tried that onside kick (it was recovered by Dallas) or had not let Hopkins attempt that field goal (it sailed wide right).Here is what Gruden said Friday about the four key moments:- The failed wildcat run by Robert Kelley with Kirk Cousins split out wide left as a receiver was doomed by poor execution, according to the coach: Its the same run whether we handed it to him or just snapped it to him. So we just thought wed get the quarterback out of there and just loosen up the box a little bit.- The end-of-half clock management: Gruden said he lett time run down before calling his last timeout on third down at the 2, presumably to make sure the Cowboys wouldnt have time for an end-of-half drive.dddddddddddd He did acknowledge regretting having wasted a timeout on his teams opening possession, when he stopped the clock instead of taking a 5-yard delay-of-game penalty because he only had 10 players on the field.- The 55-yard field-goal attempt: I know Hopkins leg. I know he can make that kick, Gruden said. Where do you draw the line: 52, 53, 54, 55? I mean, youre talking about a difference of 9 feet. And I know hes got plenty of leg to get it. He had plenty of distance, he just pushed it to the right.- The onside kick after Cousins 67-yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson cut Washingtons deficit to 24-19 with about 9? minutes remaining: I thought it was a good opportunity to try to steal a possession, quite frankly. We had the look that we wanted; just didnt execute it. It was kicked a little bit too hard.Despite the setback against Dallas (10-1), third-place Washington remains in the hunt to earn an NFC wild-card berth a year after winning the division. The Redskins havent been a playoff participant in back-to-back years since going three times in a row after the 1990, 1991 and 1992 seasons.Were not in the spot we want to be, obviously, in relation to our division. But when youre looking at the big picture, the object is to get in the playoffs, to get into the dance, and right now were in position, Gruden said. But we still have a lot of work to do.Note: Gruden said TE Jordan Reed (shoulder) would have an MRI exam on Friday to determine the severity of his shoulder injury. There is something there, though, that we have to deal with, Gruden said.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: