pion Mets (49-42) took two of three and maint

in Fragen 23.09.2019 00:38
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

TORONTO -- After being ejected for arguing balls and strikes, Jose Bautista said after the Blue Jays victory that hes trying to control his emotions. Bautista was thrown out of Sundays 2-1 win over the Houston Astros after arguing a called strike that led to a strikeout in the seventh inning. Bautista had barely stepped away from the batters box when home-plate umpire Sam Holbrook ejected him. "I said, I thought you have the biggest bleep strike zone that Ive seen all year, and that was it," Bautista said. "I was out of the game." Though it was just Bautistas second ejection of the season, his propensity to argue with umpires may have earned him something of a reputation. Its a problem the all-star outfielder has said hes working on. "Im always looking to hold it in when I think a bad call is made," Bautista said. "Im always looking to stay in games. Im always looking to try to do something good for the team. Im always looking to try to help us win the game. Im not trying to strike out, Im not trying to get ejected and Im not trying to not come through in that big situation." Bautista had popped out, flied out and grounded out before coming up in the seventh with a runner in scoring position. After falling behind 1-2 on two called strikes, Bautista swung and missed a pitch that he knew was a ball. "Theres things that are out of my control that make or put you in better or worse situations when it comes to at-bats and counts," he said. "Im just trying to make contact. Either my eyes are deceiving me or I just dont have a good feel for the strike zone right now. I swung at a ball and struck out, and thats the bottom line." Manager John Gibbons came out to have some words with Holbrook, but he would have preferred Bautista just walked away instead. "Yeah, stay in the game," Gibbons said. "I understand the frustration, thats the way it goes. But we need him on the field. Hes a big part of our team." Bautista is hitting .251 with 24 home runs and 64 RBI this season. He was one of four Toronto players in the all-star game. Bautista said its "impossible" to know whether hes being targeted by umpires because of his reputation. The work he needs to do is independent of calls made on the field. "What I need to do is stay in the games and realize that unfortunately even though I would love for right calls to be made consistently, thats just not going to happen and Ive got to deal with it," Bautista said. "Ive been trying to control myself as much as I can. But it is something that Im not as good at as other players. I struggle with it. I play with a lot of heart and emotion and I try to always come through for us. When I dont, it upsets me. If I fail on my own, it upsets me and if I feel like some opportunities are being taken away from me, it upsets me even more."Air Vapormax 97 Soldes . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. Vapormax Pas Cher Destockage . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. http://www.vapormaxpascher.be/ .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. Nouvelle Vapormax 2019 . It just didnt show when he hit the ice. Berra made 42 saves and Kris Russell scored at 1:32 of overtime, lifting the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night. Nike Air Vapormax Pas Cher . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead.PHILADELPHIA -- Jacob deGrom was dominant after getting extra rest this week.DeGrom tossed a one-hitter, Curtis Granderson and Asdrubal Cabrera homered and the New York Mets beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-0 on Sunday.DeGrom (6-4) allowed only a third-inning single to pitcher Zach Eflin and retired 27 of 29 batters. The lanky right-hander struck out seven, walked one and went the distance for the first time in 68 career starts. He hadnt pitched since July 6 because of the All-Star break.You go every five days, thats a lot of throwing, he said. Some time off, resetting helped.DeGrom became the first Mets pitcher to toss a one-hitter since R.A. Dickey against the Orioles on June 18, 2012.Hes gotten a little stronger, manager Terry Collins said of deGrom. You saw better command and his sinker was his best all year. In his last four starts, his velocity has started to creep up.DeGrom retired the first eight batters before Eflin singled up the middle.I knew who got the hit off me, deGrom said with a smile. After that, you want the shutout. I went out there every inning like it was the first inning. It was a lot of fun.Eflin (2-3) allowed five hits and three runs in six innings.I didnt have my best have my best stuff today, but I was able to battle and limit the damage, Eflin said.Granderson drove his 16th homer way out to right-center for a 2-0 lead in the third. Cabreras two-run shot off Andrew Bailey in the eighth was his 13th homer and gave the Mets a 5-0 lead.Juan Lagares gave the Mets a 1-0 lead in the second when he lined a triple to right. DeGrom helped himself with a two-out single in the fifth -- only his second hit in 27 at-bats this season. Jose Reyes foollowed with an RBI double to left-center to make it 3-0.ddddddddddddDeGrom continued his mastery in day games. He is 15-3 with a 1.63 ERA without the bright lights and 14-15 with a 3.19 ERA at night.I was hoping Id have one like this where everything is working, he said.ROSTER MOVEThe Mets called up OF Michael Conforto and optioned OF Brandon Nimmo to Triple-A Las Vegas. Conforto was demoted on June 25 after hitting .148 after May 1. He found his groove in the minors, batting .344 with nine extra-base hits and 15 RBI. Nimmo hit .235 with one homer and four RBI in 16 games.I know I have a lot to work on and I can do that in Triple-A, Nimmo said. I know I can play here. (Being up) gave me confidence I can do it.STATSDeGrom is 4-0 vs. the Phillies and the Mets have won all seven of his starts against them. .... The Mets have 16 homers in six games in Philadelphia. ... Theyre 31-13 in Citizens Bank Park since 2012. ... Phillies 2B Cesar Hernandez is hitless in his last 14 at-bats.STANDINGSThe defending NL champion Mets (49-42) took two of three and maintain hold of a wild-card spot. The Phillies (43-50) are seven games behind.TRAINERS ROOMMets: OF Yoenis Cespedes returned to the lineup after sitting out the first two games to rest his strained right quadriceps.UP NEXTMets: LHP Steven Matz (7-5, 3.38 ERA) opens a three-game series at the Cubs. LHP Jon Lester (9-4, 3.01) goes for Chicago.Phillies: RHP Aaron Nola (5-8, 4.69) starts the opener of a four-game series vs. the Marlins. All-Star RHP Jose Fernandez (11-4, 2.52) pitches for Miami. ' ' '

nach oben springen

1zqjle'"(){}<x>:/1zqjle;9

in Fragen 11.02.2023 22:29
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

RE: pion Mets (49-42) took two of three and maint

nach oben springen

nach oben springen

von 1zqjle'"(){}<x>:/1zqjle;9

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: