home (23-16) and on the road (21-17). They are 16-6 in June after a poor May (8-19). The Diamondbacks are also 3-0 against the

in Green Valley's Ranch 27.09.2019 10:06
von elaine95 • 183 Beiträge

ALLEN PARK Will Grier Jersey , Mich. (AP) — A day after their first win of the season, the change in the mood of the previously winless Detroit Lions was evident.In one corner of the locker room, linebacker Marquis Flowers and running back LeGarrette Blount engaged in a heated debate over whether Kobe Bryant or LeBron James was the greater basketball player.“Just coming in today, it was a little bit different,” Lions wide receiver Golden Tate said. “It’s kind of a sigh of relief.”Winning has a way of lifting the tension. Especially considering the quality of the opponent that the Lions beat.Sunday’s decisive 26-10 victory over the New England Patriots was fashioned by a smothering performance from the Lions defense.The Lions held the Patriots to 209 yards, the fewest they’ve allowed since holding the New York Giants to 197 yards on Sept. 8, 2014.“To finally get our first win, against a team like that, that’s a yearly contender for the Super Bowl, it’s a pretty big deal,” Tate said.It was only the third time since 2007 that the Patriots produced fewer than 210 yards.Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who led the NFL with 4,577 yards passing last season, was limited to 133 yards.“That is amazing,” Lions cornerback Darius Slay said. “That is really amazing.”In the first quarter, Detroit held a 126-5 edge in yards and a 12:30-2:30 advantage in time of possession. The first three drives of the game saw Detroit outgain the Patriots 196-13 and hold a 14-0 edge in first downs. The Lions outgained the Patriots 231-70 in the first half.“We couldn’t execute anything,” Patriots coach Bill Belichick said.Lions running back Kerryon Johnson http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-christian-miller-jersey , who finished with 16 carries for 101 yards and became the first Lions running back to record a 100-yard rushing game since Reggie Bush against Green Bay on Nov. 28, 2013, felt the defensive performance was what keyed the win.“I think the defense was a lot more impressive than we were,” Johnson said. “They had to shut down Tom Brady.”Slay preferred to view their success story as a team effort.“This was really all about the offense controlling the ball and keeping us rested,” Slay said. “The best game plan against Tom Brady is keeping him off the field, and the offense kept putting up long drives.”The Lions also handed much of the credit to coach Matt Patricia, the former Patriots defensive coordinator who earned his first win as an NFL head coach.“He made everything smooth this week,” Slay said. “He knows everything about that team and he made sure we knew it as well.”Patricia wasn’t about to take the pat on the back without returning it to his players.“A week ago, the story was completely different as I stood here,” Patricia said. “It was a good collective team effort. I think everybody that had a significant role, I thought they did a good job.”Improving to 1-2 on the season while handing the defending AFC champion Patriots (1-2) their second straight loss, the Lions said it won’t matter if they don’t carry the momentum into Sunday’s game at Dallas against the Cowboys.“Now that we have this win, it means nothing if we don’t come back this week and have a great week of practice and go out there and handle business on the road against another good opponent,” Tate said.“We’re happy we got that first win, but now we’ve got to put that game to bed. Now we’ve got to prepare like we did last week for the Dallas Cowboys on the road. Try to hit restart and go do it again.”
MIAMI — Monday is a day that Shelby Miller has been waiting for since he underwent elbow surgery more than 14 months ago.

The Arizona Diamondbacks right-hander will make his first major-league appearance since April 23, 2017, facing the Miami Marlins and right-hander Dan Straily (2-3 Jordan Scarlett Jersey , 4.89 ERA).

The Diamondbacks, who lead the National League West with a 44-33 record, have won four games in a row.

Now they get back Miller, a 27-year-old former first-round pick who was drafted 19th overall by the St. Louis Cardinals in 2009. He went 15-9 with a 3.06 ERA in 2013, finishing third in the Rookie of the Year voting.

Since then, however, Miller has been traded twice — by the Cardinals to the Atlanta Braves and then to Arizona before the start of the 2016 season.

So far, the Diamondbacks haven’t gotten much return on their investment. Miller went 3-12 with a 6.15 ERA in 2016 and 2-2 with a 4.09 ERA before getting hurt a year ago, lasting just four starts.

“I definitely have some things to prove over here,” Miller, an All-Star with Atlanta in 2015, told azcentral.com. “I feel I was throwing pretty well last year. Unfortunately, I got hurt.”

Monday represents a fresh start for Miller, who made four starts in extended spring training earlier this year followed by four minor-league rehab appearances.

“I’m super excited to be here,” Miller said. “For me, it’s a huge accomplishment.

“Command was the last thing to come back. But I feel it is there now. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t feel I was ready to pitch.”

Straily, who will be Miller’s counterpart on Monday Jonah Williams Jersey , faced Arizona earlier this year, allowing one run in 4 1/3 innings of a 6-1 loss to the Diamondbacks on June 3.

In Straily’s most recent start, he lasted just 1 1/3 innings before he was ejected for the first time in his career, exiting during a 6-3 loss to the San Francisco Giants.

Straily was tossed out after he hit Giants star catcher Buster Posey with a pitch.

“I don’t know,” Posey said when asked by the media if the hit-by-pitch was intentional. “It sure seemed that way.”

Of much bigger concern for the Marlins (31-47) is the fact that they have lost their past five games when Straily starts. Straily has zero quality starts during that span.

The Marlins, who are in last place in the NL East, beat the Colorado Rockies 8-5 on Sunday for their second straight win.

Miami finished 5-4 on its road trip to the Baltimore Orioles, San Francisco Giants and Colorado, taking two of the three series. It is Miami’s first winning road trip of the year.

The Marlins are 11-11 in June, which has already made this their best month of the season. And they have more road wins (17-26) than home victories (14-21).

Meanwhile, Arizona has a winning record at home (23-16) and on the road (21-17). They are 16-6 in June after a poor May (8-19). The Diamondbacks are also 3-0 against the Marlins.

Hot Miami hitters include left fielder Derek Dietrich, who was 4-for-5 on Sunday to raise his batting average to .302, and catcher J.T. Realmuto, who went 1-for-3 and is batting .308.

Dietrich batted .476 for the week with three homers and three multi-hit games. Realmuto hit .360 this week with five doubles, one homer, six RBIs and at least one hit in all six games.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: