the boards, while the Wildcats struggled to deal with the Huskies p

in Fragen 30.09.2019 12:34
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

It was interesting to see Aaron Smith, a player who often leads the haka, didnt do so against Ireland in Chicago.Smith looked like he was hiding in that team and he was almost apologetic about the way he was playing. Hes obviously been through a hell of a lot and, unfortunately, hes going to go through a bit more.Everything about his game, his cheekiness, his verbal in-your-face, his confidence; it wasnt there and we all know why. It reminded me of a Tiger Woods syndrome. You cant afford that in the highest level of sport. Youve got to go out and be you, ooze confidence, and have faith in the way you can play.There was a clear difference between the two half-backs when TJ Perenara came on. Hes in the form of his life at the moment.We need to identify that this title of worlds best halfback is only ever related to form, and the title goes to the player who has the form of the worlds best half-back. It is not a title you have for life.Irelands Conor Murray grabbed the title from everyone last weekend; his form was sublime, he was outstanding.But from the All Blacks point of view, Perenara is the better player, right here, right now. The All Blacks selectors are going to have to take that into account. Its changing times. Thats not to say form cant be recaptured but that comes from confidence and rebuilding from where Smith has been.I can only imagine what he has been going through in the public arena. He didnt commit a crime but hes been treated worse than most criminals in the court of public opinion. His recovery will take time.I am really confident the loss is a great wake-up call for the All Blacks to make them realise they dont have the right to keep on going out and winning Test matches. Im sure they know this.They didnt turn up in Chicago, but next week they will. I remember Sir Graham Henry was once asked what would be the best thing for the All Blacks and he responded it would be to lose.Records aside, losing is a good thing in the greater scheme of things. It puts you back in your place, back in your box, so you can say, right, get back on track. Ive got no doubt that in the next three games the All Blacks are going to wipe the face of France, Italy and woe betide Ireland who, I dont think, will get within 40 points in Dublin.New Zealand will be hurting and there is nothing worse than an All Blacks team that is hurting. I could be proved wrong but it is a good readjustment for Steve Hansens side.Custom Oakland Athletics Jerseys . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. Athletics Jerseys China . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/ . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Oakland Athletics Store . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Athletics Jerseys 2019 . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats.MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Connecticut only managed to make two big runs against Kansas State on Sunday.It took both of them to win.Katie Lou Samuelson scored 26 points, Napheesa Collier had 22 and the top-ranked Huskies rode the momentum of a 17-0 surge in the first half and a 10-0 charge in the second to a 75-58 victory over the Wildcats at sold-out Bramlage Coliseum.Samuelson hit six 3-pointers and Kia Nurse added 13 points for the Huskies (9-0), who ran their winning streak to 84 straight games, six shy of their 90-game stretch from 2008-10. It was also their 27th consecutive road win.We passed the ball to Lou a lot, so that always helps, when you pass it to Katie Lou, UConn coach Geno Auriemma said, trying to explain the game-changing runs that pushed his team to victory.We were able to get out in transition and get Kansas States defense moving before they could settle into a defense, Auriemma said. That was the game plan. And in the first quarter, we forced some turnovers, we rebounded the ball, ran our transition game, and our players are very good at finding Katie Lou.Breanna Lewis had 18 points for the Wildcats (9-1), who were off to their best start since 2008.I definitely had jitters. Ive never had an opportunity to play in front of so many people, said Karyla Middlebrook, who scored 11 for Kansas State. But I dont use that as an excuse for the two early turnovers I had. You have to turn those jitters into positive energy to help the team.Kansas State actually led 4-2 in the opening minutes before UConn ripped off a 17-0 charge that forced Kansas State coach Jeff Mittie to burn two timeouts. Samuelson did most of the damage, knocking down three 3-pointers, as the Wildcats missed seven consecutive field-goal attempts.They move the ball better than any team in the country, Mittie said. They do a great job of getting the basketball to Lou, she has a great high reelease and shes a great shooter.ddddddddddddThe Wildcats finally got things under control, and even made a charge of their own to get within 45-31 at the break. But when they closed to 51-40 on a 3-pointer by Kaylee Page with about seven minutes left in the third quarter, the Huskies answered with 10 straight points.That spurt, along with their big first-quarter run, was too much for Kansas State to overcome.UConn shot nearly 50 percent from the field (30 of 61) and had a big advantage on the boards, while the Wildcats struggled to deal with the Huskies pressure. They turned it over 16 times.I thought our group in the third quarter created some turnovers, created some opportunities, Mittie said. Unfortunately we missed some opportunities to get it to single digits.SELLOUT CROWDWhen I heard it was sold-out, Auriemma said, I thought, `Thats the way its supposed to be. They have a really good team, weve never been out this way before. So you know what? Were going to go in there and its going to be an unbelievable environment.BIG PICTUREUConn proved again that its depth isnt an issue, only playing six while building its commanding lead early in the game. The Huskies left Saniya Chong at home after she took an elbow during their win over Notre Dame and experienced concussion-like symptoms. Hopefully shell be OK, Auriemma said.Kansas State appeared to let its nerves win in the first quarter, when turnovers and poor shooting conspired to put the Wildcats in a 25-8 hole. But they also showed some composure in battling back, which is sure to encourage Mittie as he continues to build the program.UP NEXTUConn heads back to the XL Center to play No. 12 Ohio State on Dec. 19.Kansas State wraps its three-game homestand against Princeton next Sunday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: