KITZBUEHEL, Austria -- Bode Miller led a training session for the classic Hahnenkamm race by a huge margin on Thursday, leaving

in Green Valley's Ranch 22.10.2019 05:21
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

KITZBUEHEL, Austria -- Bode Miller led a training session for the classic Hahnenkamm race by a huge margin on Thursday, leaving his World Cup rivals in awe just 17 days before the Sochi Olympics downhill. Custom Seattle Mariners Nike Jerseys . Miller was well ahead of the field from the first split time before finishing the challenging Streif course in 2 minutes, 2.93 seconds. Overall World Cup leader Aksel Lund Svindal came 0.96 back in second, while third-place Hannes Reichelt of Austria finished a massive 2.35 seconds behind the American. "Ive been focusing on this race all year," said Miller, who finished runner-up in 2008 and 11 but has yet to win the downhill in the Austrian resort. "I know its hard to win here. Ive put a lot of energy in being ready here ... And I think I had fast skis today, too. Obviously on this track you cant do much if your skis are not running." Last years winner Dominik Paris of Italy and Olympic downhill champion Didier Defago of Switzerland shared 10th, trailing Miller by 3.21 seconds. Canadas Erik Guay skipped the training run to rest his troublesome knee. The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., who leads Canada in career World Cup medals, underwent surgery in the summer to address a knee injury that bothered him at the end of last season. Conrad Pridy of Whistler, B.C., was the top Canadian in 24th. Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 25th, Ben Thomsen of Invermere, Que., was 39th and Morgan Pridy of Whistler was tied for 48th. Dustin Cook of Lac Sainte-Marie, Que., was 59th and Jeffrey Frisch of Mont-Tremblant, Que., was 60th. It was the only training run before Saturdays race after mild temperatures softened the snow and made runs earlier this week impossible. Organizers had to change the bottom part of the course to avoid the Hausbergkante, one of the marquee sections, where snow conditions were still insufficient. Miller mastered the steep upper section by choosing a different race line, allowing him to take more speed coming out of the Steilhang curve. "I was higher through the Steilhang and exited it much better than where the tracks were," Miller said. "The tracks were done before me, no one was up high where I was. That makes a huge difference. You cut off the line but you also carry speed onto the road." Miller drew praise from his competitors, who acknowledged they had been left with some homework before Saturdays race. "Bode was fantastic," Reichelt said. "My run wasnt great and I am definitely going to watch a video of Bodes run." His Austrian teammate Max Franz added "Bode had a very clean run. We have something to analyze." Christof Innerhofer, who is chasing his first downhill podium of the season, said he was unable to ski like Miller did. "He is crazy, he raced a killer line. I tried that line as well but I just didnt succeed," the Italian said. "I am not having a great season so far. But I felt well on the snow today and I want to attack here." Even Svindal, winner of two downhills and two super-G races this season, said he was going to study footage of Millers performance. "You know Bode can pull off that kind of thing," the Norwegian said. "When I think about my run, I am not surprised that someone can be a lot faster from the top. I wasnt able to stick to my plan because I got bumped out of my line. I have the speed but I need to clean up the first part. I will definitely watch Bodes run on video." The changed bottom section caused many racers troubles. Where they usually go right into the Hausbergkante coming off a fast straight part, they now faced a sharp left turn left. To Miller, it didnt make much of a difference. "Its a different set of skills thats tested," the American said. "The cool thing is no one skies that so its pretty even for everybody. No one has had a change to ever have a run like that so I think its OK." Saturdays race is the penultimate downhill before the Olympic race on Feb. 9. The Hahnenkamm event starts with a slalom Friday and concludes with a super-G and a super-combined race Sunday. Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys . This is Lowry’s third time winning the award in his career. He won the award last season and as a member of the Houston Rockets in 2011. Custom Baltimore Orioles Nike Jerseys . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said. https://www.custombaseballnikejerseys.com/ . The eighth-year point guard played in his 500th career game on Sunday, a 98-93 win over the Orlando Magic. Does he feel like hes played in that many games? "No," he said initially, before reconsidering.CLEVELAND -- White Sox slugger Jose Abreu has already done a lot of damage in the first half of his rookie season. He kept on going Saturday in Chicagos 6-2 win over the Cleveland Indians. Abreu hit his major league-leading 29th homer, a two-run shot that helped the White Sox end a three-game losing streak. "Hes good," his manager Robin Ventura said. "Im glad hes on our side." Abreu, picked for the AL All-Star team, broke a scoreless tie in the fourth inning with a drive off Zach McAllister (3-5). The homer cleared the fence in right field and landed in the White Sox bullpen for Chicagos first hit. After White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez, another member of the All-Star team, left the game with a stiff back following a leadoff walk in the fourth. Abreu homered on the next pitch. Ramirez said he doesnt think his back will prevent him from playing in Tuesdays game in Minnesota. Abreu is batting .287 with 73 RBIs, good for second in the league. "I am very proud of what I have accomplished so far in the first half," he said through a translator. "Im very happy to participate in the All-Star game. Its definitely an honour." Abreu is 7 for 35 with five homers and 15 strikeouts against the Indians. "Abreu is obviously a very dangerous hitter," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "Thats probably the understatement of the year." All-Star outfielder Michael Brantley hit a leadoff homer in the eighth for Cleveland. Scott Carroll (4-5) held the Indians to two hits in five shutout innings before being pulled because of a stiff lower back. "I felt it a couple of innings before that," he said. "It really kind of hit me in the fifth. I tried to stay out there as long as I could." The rookie right-hander has won two straight starts, in which he hasnt allowed a run over 11 2-3 innings. Carroll allowed one hit over 6 2-3 innings in Mondays 4-0 victory at Boston. He was 0-5 with an 8.10 ERA in his previous six starts. Gordon Beckham broke a 1-for-32 skid with a two-run double during a three-run ninth. Indians reliever Austin Adams made his major league debut and gave up all three runs. He got only one out. Adam Dunn had an RBI single in the Chicago sixth. White Sox relievers Zach PPutnam, Javy Guerra, Eric Surkamp and Jake Petricka combined to allow two runs over the final four innings. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Nike Jerseys. Carroll hasnt given up an earned run in 14 innings over three appearances against Cleveland. His first career loss was to the Indians on May 3 when he allowed two unearned runs in six innings of a 2-0 defeat. Carroll retired the first eight hitters before Mike Aviles two-out single in the third. McAllister, recalled from Triple-A Columbus to make the start, gave up three runs in seven innings. His only major mistake came to Abreu. "I wasnt thinking about a home run," Abreu said. "I was trying to hit the ball the other way. I hit a line drive, and I was lucky it went out of the park." Jason Kipnis drew a bases-loaded walk in the seventh for the Indians. Earlier in the inning, Yan Gomes hit a line drive that was originally called a catch, but was overturned after Indians manager Terry Francona challenged the ruling. The Indians moved designated hitter Jason Giambi (sore left knee) to the 60-day disabled list following the game. Giambi, batting .128 with two homers and five RBIs in 15 games, had been on the 15-day DL since June 12. Before the game, Francona said Giambi will "definitely" play again this season. The move was made after Cleveland acquired LHP Nick Maronde in a minor league trade with the Angels and added him to the 40-man roster. NOTES: The White Sox optioned RHP Andre Rienzo to Triple-A Charlotte and will add a position player before Sundays game. Rienzo was 4-5 with a 5.87 ERA in 14 games. ... McAllister began the season in Clevelands rotation and was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sore back on May 22. ... Indians OF Chris Dickerson was scratched from the lineup with a tight left hamstring. Aviles started in left field. ... White Sox OF Adam Eaton (jammed left wrist) wasnt in the lineup and is likely to sit out Sunday. ... White Sox LHP Jose Quintana will start the first game after the All-Star break on Friday. ... The Indians optioned RHP Vinnie Pestano to Columbus. ... Browns QB Brian Hoyer, a Cleveland native, threw out the first pitch. ... LHP John Danks will start for the White Sox on Sunday against RHP Trevor Bauer (3-4). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: