WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper came back from a lengthy stint on the disabled list Monday and didnt

in Green Valley's Ranch 12.11.2019 08:45
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper came back from a lengthy stint on the disabled list Monday and didnt shy away from expressing how he thinks manager Matt Williams should address the lineup questions posed by his return. Satchel Paige Braves Jersey . Harper, who missed 57 games because of a torn ligament in his left thumb, was batting sixth and playing left field as the Nationals opened a series against the Colorado Rockies on Bryce Harper bobblehead night. That meant Ryan Zimmerman, whos been playing left since being activated from his own stay on the DL, was back at third base. Anthony Rendon shifted from third to second, and Danny Espinosa was on the bench. Asked about Zimmerman, Harper said: "Hes great. I think he should be playing left." "I mean, Rendon is a great third baseman, he should be playing third and weve got one of the best second baseman in the league in Danny Espinosa," he said. "Of course, you want the best-hitting lineup in there and I think Rendon playing third and Zim playing left is something thats good for this team and I think that should be whats happening." That would presumably put Harper back in centre — where he played the majority of his games during his NL rookie of the year season in 2012 — in place of Denard Span. Williams was glad to get Harper in the lineup. As for Harpers lineup opinions, Williams didnt say much. "I think that I would say were happy to have him back," Williams said. "And when hes out there, regardless of where hes at, wed like him to catch it when its hit to him and hit it when its thrown to him. And play the way Bryce plays. Thats important for us. I dont have any comment other than that." Williams repeated his past thoughts about moving players around depending on matchups and the need to ensure proper rest for his regulars, including 35-year-old right fielder Jayson Werth and 34-year-old first baseman Adam LaRoche. "Its fluid," Williams said. "Its todays lineup and thats going to be todays. Tomorrows may change." Monday night marked the first time since opening day - when catcher Wilson Ramos left the game with an injury - that this starting eight has taken the field. The 21-year-old Harper was hitting .289 with one home run and nine RBIs in 22 games before getting hurt. He played five rehabilitation games in the minors and hit .643, including three homers in a Double-A game over the weekend. "To be able to get back out there and play for a team thats in contention, its a lot of fun and Im excited to be back," he said. Washington began the day in second place in the NL East, a half-game behind Atlanta. To make room for Harper, the Nationals optioned left-handed reliever Xavier Cedeno to Triple-A Syracuse. Cedeno pitched in one game during his third stint in the majors this season. He threw a scoreless inning on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs. Matt Joyce Braves Jersey . - The Washington Redskins have signed free agent offensive lineman Mike McGlynn. Rafael Ortega Jersey .C. -- Lucy Li made two double bogeys, a triple bogey and finished her historic round at the U. https://www.cheapbraves.com/503o-jeremy-walker-jersey-braves.html . Calgary finished atop the CFL standings with a 14-4 record and earned the right to host the West Division final at McMahon Stadium on Nov.ASPEN, Colo. -- Maxence Parrot of Bromont, Que., won X Games gold for the first time on Friday, finishing on top of the podium in the snowboard big air final. Parrot scored 93.00 points in his best two combined runs, which included a backside triple cork 1620 and cab triple underflip to late 180. Yuki Kadono of Japan took silver with 88.00 points and Norways Stale Sandbech finished third with 77.00. All three medalists will face off again in Sochi, Russia when slopestyle makes its Olympic debut. Parrot earned his berth on the Canadian Olympic team after winning his first World Cup slopestyle event in Stoneham, Que., last week. The mens slopestyle X Games final goes Saturday afternoon, with Parrot and two other Canadians competing in the event. Parrot placed fifth in qualifying, while Reginas Mark McMorris qualified with 92.00 just behind Torstein Horgmo of Norway at 93.33. Sebastien Toutant of lAssomption, Que., also advanced to the final, placing seventh. All three slopestylers will compete at Sochi. McMorris didnt compete in Fridays big air competition in order to keep his focus on slopestyle. Earlier in the day, Kevin Hill of Vernon, B.C., was 0.222 seconds shy from a podium finish, taking fourth place in the snowboard crosss final. Bob Uecker Braves Jersey. Nate Holland of the United States took gold in the six-man final, clocking 52.049 seconds. American Alex Tuttle was second in 52.419, and Konstantin Schad of Germany placed third at 52.445. Hill followed at 52.667. "I was really happy with my day overall except for the final," said Hill. "Consistency is something I really want to work on leading into the Olympics." Hill rocketed out of the start gate, even holding a brief lead at the top of the course. He appeared to be comfortably installed in third for most of the race before Schad went wide on one of the last jumps to whizz by the Canadian. Calgarys Chris Robanske won the small final for seventh overall while Rob Fagan of Squamish, B.C., was fourth in that race for 10th overall. In the womens snowboard cross, Carle Brenneman of Whistler, B.C., reached the final and placed fifth. Lindsey Jacobellis of the U.S., was first, Eva Samkova of the Czech Republic second and Helen Olafsen of Norway third. Brenneman fell behind early in the race and had to play catch-up the rest of the way, a tough task against an Olympic medal contender field. Olympic champion Maelle Ricker of Squamish won the small final for seventh overall. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: