OTTAWA -- Rick Campbell always aspired to be a CFL head coach but only in the right situation. [url=https://www.scontatescarpeo

in Green Valley's Ranch 15.11.2019 04:57
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

OTTAWA -- Rick Campbell always aspired to be a CFL head coach but only in the right situation. Air Max 270 Economiche . The ability to help build an expansion team from the ground up proved to be the right opportunity for the 42-year-old, who was hired Friday as the first head coach of the expansion Ottawa Redblacks. The Redblacks are scheduled to begin play next season. Campbell has spent 15 years coaching in the CFL but this will be his first as a head coach. "Ive wanted to be a head coach, but I didnt just want to do it to say I was a head coach," said Campbell. "It had to be a deal where I fit the team and the team fit me so it was a good situation and like I said I had a gut instinct about Ottawa." This will mark Ottawas third tenure in the CFL. The Rough Riders operated from 1876 to 96 and were a founding member of the CFL in 58. The Renegades were born in 02 but only operated through the 06 season before being suspended indefinitely by the league. Having the opportunity to be part of the Redblacks inaugural season was one of the more interesting aspects of the job for Campbell. "I think its incredibly unique that you get to build a football team from scratch," Campbell said. "Its very unique in football and in sports that you get to start something from scratch and build it the way you want to build it and that definitely was enticing to me, for sure." Not to say it wont be challenging. "Were going to have to get ourselves competitive fast," Campbell said. "Were behind all the other teams in that they have a lot of good football players and they have a lot of things in place. "Were going to have to hire an experienced enough coaching staff that knows the league so we can literally hit the ground running." Campbell has high hopes to field a competitive team in the Redblacks first season. "Im going to look at as were another team in the league right now," he said. "Were going to be signing players and coaches and were going to try to win as many games as we can. "You go into a year to try and win the big one. Were not going to get ahead of ourselves but were going to go and build it the best way we can and win as many games as we can, thats for sure." Campbell has spent the last two years as Calgarys defensive co-ordinator. This season the Stampeders led the league in sacks, with 63. The bulk of Campbells CFL coaching career was spent with the Edmonton Eskimos. Over the span of 11 seasons with the Eskimos, Campbell served as an assistant head coach, special-teams co-ordinator, secondary coach and defensive co-ordinator. He won Grey Cups with the Edmonton in 2003 and 2005. Redblacks general manager Marcel Desjardins said he interviewed six or seven candidates but Campbell stood out amongst the contenders. "The key thing was the fact he had coached special teams, he had coached defence as a co-ordinator and coached on offence as well,: Desjardins said. "Theres not too many people out there who have coached on all sides of the ball." While there remains much work to be done, Desjardins said theres a sense of relief in having a head coach in place. "Its a better relief knowing who it is," said Desjardins. "Im so comfortable with this choice on so many levels. "Personality wise our thought processes are the same. Just detailed, organized and then a big part of the equation too is who hes going to propose to us as a staff." While theres no timetable in place for the hiring of support staff, both Desjardins and Campbell say the process has begun already. Campbell wont have far to look for guidance, though. His father, Hugh Campbell, is a legend in Canadian football, leading the Edmonton Eskimos to five consecutive Grey Cup championships (1978-82) as head coach and four more as general manager. Hugh Campbell also was a receiver with the Saskatchewan Roughriders when they won their first CFL title in 66, upsetting the favoured Ottawa Rough Riders 29-14 in Vancouver. "I would always ask for advice from him if its there," Rick Campbell said. "We have a good relationship that he doesnt force things on me. "Hes my dad, Im his son and thats our relationship first and well talk ball once in a while." Campbell will have little time to settle into the position, as the CFL expansion draft will be held Dec. 16. Ottawa will select 24 players (eight imports, 16 Canadians) over three rounds. The Redblacks will take eight imports in the first round before selecting eight Canadians in each of the final two. Desjardins says Campbell will have input into player selection but in the end it will be all about picking the best available players. Air Max Scontate Uomo . Best has been bothered by concussion problems and hasnt played since Oct. 16, when the Lions lost to San Francisco. After starting 5-0, Detroit has lost four of six, beginning with that game against the 49ers. Air Max 95 In Offerta . The Canadian skicross racer appeared to have the bronze medal locked up in the mens final at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, only to wipe out while trying to make a pass in the biggest moment of his career. https://www.scontatescarpeoutlet.it/scontate-air-max-90-outlet-italia-c2566.html . "I dont know where we would be without him," McClendon said. "Hes done a tremendous job for us and (Wednesday) was no different." Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattles big sixth inning, Young pitched seven strong innings and the Mariners beat the Houston Astros 5-2 to complete a three-game sweep.Lewis Hamilton believes he was blameless for his crash with Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg at the climax of the Austrian GP despite being booed on the podium. Rosberg was handed a ten-second penalty by the stewards after they ruled the world championship leader had caused the crash by not leaving Hamilton racing room.However, Rosberg accused Hamilton of causing the crash immediately after the race and later added he did not agree with the stewards verdict. They gave me the blame, which sucks. I respect that, but I am of a different opinion, he said on Sunday night during a video briefing on Facebook. A despondent Nico Rosberg said he feels absolutely gutted to have collided with team-mate Lewis Hamilton and lost a potential race win. But Hamilton told Sky Sports F1: I went to the outside, I believe I was ahead going in but he was in my blind spot. I left tons of room for him to make the corner and I got to the white line and I began to turn and boom, big hit.Im pretty sure he hit me, rather than the other way. Lewis wins epic Austrian GP Lewis Hamilton clashed with Nico Rosberg on the last lap on the way to victory in Spielberg. Sky F1 pundit Martin Brundle concurred with Hamiltons account, arguing: I dont think Lewis could have left him any more room.Lewis was on the racing line and couldnt have gone any further left. He was up against the white line, presumably hoping to cut back underneath Nico from a more acute angle. I think Nico will look at that incident and realise his attempt to intimidate Hamilton and run him wide was a critical error.Remarkably, a second collision between the two Mercedes cars nearly occurred when Hamilton, bumped onto the run-off area at Turn Two, attempted to return to the track and overtake his team-mate for the lead. Following their coming together on the last lap, Lewis Hamilton suffered the wrath of the partisan Nico Rosberg fans who booed him on the podium. Air Max 720 Scontate Outlet. I tried not to lose too much ground and he didnt leave any space, said Hamilton.Normally when you have an incident like that you kind of move over if the other car is coming on, but he hugged the white line, and as I came out he appeared out of nowhere so I had to take the grass. But it was ok.Referencing the boos he received on the podium, perhaps because the on-track commentary suggested Hamilton was at fault for the collision, the world champion added: These things are not the greatest, but it happens, I forgive them.Obviously Ive experienced being up there when other people have been booed for a real reason - taking someone out or doing something intentional - but I dont see how they got that opinion today. Anthony Davidson analyses the crash between Mercedes pair Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton on the final lap of the Austrian Grand Prix. Also See: WATCH: Lewis and Nico collide Nico accuses Lewis over crash ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: