NEW ORLEANS -- David Stern is going from the NBA commissioners office to the Hall of Fame. [url=https://www.cheapbraves.com/152

in Green Valley's Ranch 18.11.2019 07:44
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

NEW ORLEANS -- David Stern is going from the NBA commissioners office to the Hall of Fame. Mark Melancon Jersey . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. 8 in Springfield, Mass. Stern was on a ski trip to Colorado on Friday with his wife while the NBA was holding its first All-Star weekend without him in charge since 1983. New Commissioner Adam Silver and many other league employees who worked under Stern attended the press conference. "I wanted to be here for David because I knew he wasnt in New Orleans this weekend. Just to be here to share the experience and then relay it back to him what the feel in the room was," said Silver, who worked under Stern since 1992. "As I said earlier, while David is a modest guy, I know he was moved by the fact this was all happening so quickly, and he has always told me he doesnt like to reflect back sort of on his life or his career, but this will certainly force him to. And I know this is an emotional moment for him and its an emotional moment for everybody who has worked with him over these years." Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Kevin Johnson and Spencer Haywood are hoping to be part of the class. They were chosen as finalists, with the full class to be unveiled April 7 during the NCAA Final Four. Hardaway and Richmond were teammates in Golden State and made up the Warriors "Run TMC" trio along with Chris Mullin, who was elected to the Hall in 2011. Stern retired on Feb. 1 after exactly 30 years as commissioner, during which he brought the league to its greatest success. Jerry Colangelo, chairman of the Hall of Fame board, said the Hall hopes to have a special spot to display a tribute to Stern. "He deserves to be recognized in a huge way," Colangelo said. Stern was elected by the contributors committee. Also directly elected to the Hall of Fame were Lithuania star Sarunas Marciulionis by the international committee, former Indiana Pacers coach Bob "Slick" Leonard by the ABA committee, former New York Knicks player Nat "Sweetwater" Clifton by the early African-American pioneers committee, and former Temple star Guy Rodgers by the veterans committee. College coaches Eddie Sutton, Nolan Richardson and Gary Williams were also finalists, as were former womens coach Harley Redin and the womens team from Immaculata College, which won three straight national championships. Wholesale Braves Jerseys .The Ottawa Senators winger was relegated to a corner seat in the locker-room to allow Daniel Alfredsson to return to his regular stall one last time. Ronald Acuna Jr. Jersey . Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. https://www.cheapbraves.com/193o-francisco-cervelli-jersey-braves.html . -- Golden State Warriors reserve centre Ognjen Kuzmic is expected to miss at least six weeks after undergoing surgery on his fractured right hand.MADRID, Spain -- Canadas Milos Raonic won his opening match at the Madrid Open on Tuesday, defeating Jeremy Chardy of France 6-3, 6-3 in just over an hour. Raonic, the No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., fired 11 aces and did not have a double-fault as he comfortably advanced to the third round at the Masters Series event. Also Tuesday, Roger Federer pulled out of the tournament to spend more time with his family as his wife awaits the birth of another child. The fourth-seeded Swiss player is the second big name to withdraw after Novak Djokovic pulled out because of a wrist injury. Polands Lukasc Kubot takes Federers place to face Gilles Simon of France. David Ferrer struggled through Madrids high altitude and a bout of nerves to pull out a 7-6 (6), 5-7, 6-3 victory over Spanish countryman Albert Ramos. Ferrer saved four set points as he won five straight points to take the first set tiebreak, clinching the lead with a crosscourt forehand smash. After being broken to trail 6-5 in the second set, Ferrer reeled off four straight errors for his 115th-ranked opponent to even it before eventually pulling through in just under three hours. But it wasnt without repeated scenes of frustration when he mumbled to himself and his entourage nearby. "You say things when youre nervous in the match that you dont have a feel for. You can write a book about a match," said Ferrer about his motivation, before referring to thinner air and its effect on the ball. "The first day is not easy. You miss more, but thats all." Fabio Fogninis recent struggles on Spanish clay continued as the 13th-seeded Italian lost 7-5, 4-6, 6-3 to Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov. Fognini failed to get out of the second round at Barcelona last month. Touki Toussaint Jersey. Nicolas Almagro will play Andy Murray next after finally dispensing with Andrey Golubev of Kazakhstan, 6-3, 6-7 (9), 7-6 (4) with his 11th match point. Other second-round winners included Ernests Gulbis of Latvia, South Africas Kevin Anderson, Igor Sijsling of the Netherlands, and Juan Monaco of Argentina -- who goes on to play defending champion Rafael Nadal on Wednesday. In womens play, Maria Sharapova avoided an early exit by rallying to beat Christina McHale to reach the third round. Trailing 4-1 in the final set, Sharapova steadied her erratic service game and took command again to beat the 56th-ranked American 6-1, 4-6, 6-4 on clay at the Magic Box tennis centre. The ninth-ranked Russian looked to be cruising before McHale broke late in the second set to tie the match and then took her commanding lead in the final set after breaking Sharapova. However, Sharapova didnt surrender a point after that as McHale netted to be broken to see her advantage dip to 4-3, and Sharapova eventually fired an ace down the middle to eliminate McHale for the second year running. "After a really good start (in Madrid) I didnt keep that level. I think I had a bit of a letdown," said 2013 finalist Sharapova, who is coming off a tournament victory in Stuttgart. Earlier, Li Na continued her recent dominance of Zheng Jie by easing into the third round 6-2, 6-3 for her fourth straight victory against her fellow Chinese player. Zheng hasnt won a set from the second-ranked Li since her last victory in 2006. Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic also advanced with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia, while American Sloane Stephens was also a winner. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: