CHICAGO -- It took a while for Kyle Lohse to get comfortable on a cold and soggy day at Wrigley Field. [url=https://www.cheapnb

in Green Valley's Ranch 30.11.2019 09:51
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- It took a while for Kyle Lohse to get comfortable on a cold and soggy day at Wrigley Field. Vincent Yarbrough Jersey Signed . Once he got into a groove, the Milwaukee Brewers were well on their way to another victory. Lohse pitched seven effective innings for his first win in three weeks, and Milwaukee beat the sloppy Chicago Cubs 4-3 on Friday. "Kyle was a little bit off those first few innings and then he got it going again late," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "Probably in the last inning had his best stuff and command." Lohse allowed three runs and seven hits as NL Central-leading Milwaukee won for the fifth time in six games. He retired his last 13 batters in his first win since April 23 against San Diego, ending a streak of three starts without a decision. "It was a weird early going for me. I couldnt get command really much of anything," Lohse said. "But youve been around long enough you figure out how to grind through it and figure out what you need to do physically to get your body in the right spot to make pitches." Jean Segura had three hits and two RBIs for Milwaukee, which improved to an NL-best 13-5 on the road. Elian Herrera doubled twice in a spot start in right field for Ryan Braun, who got the day off as he makes his way back from a right oblique strain. Darwin Barney hit a two-run homer and Junior Lake had a solo shot for the Cubs, who have lost three straight and 10 of 12. Jeff Samardzija lasted five innings after getting off to a slow start, but is winless in his last 15 games dating to last season. "Obviously, I want to win," Samardzija said. "Being a starting pitcher, you have a big say as to how the game turns out. Obviously if my record isnt what I want it to be I need to do a better job." Milwaukee jumped on Samardzija for two runs in each of the first two innings, taking advantage of several early miscues by the Cubs. Segura singled with one out in the first, moved up on a wild pitch and scored on Jonathan Lucroys base hit. Lucroy advanced when Lake mishandled his single to left and scored when Lyle Overbay reached on shortstop Starlin Castros throwing error. It was Castros second error in three games and No. 7 in 40 games this season. The 24-year-old Castro had a career-low 22 errors in 159 games last season. Segura added a two-run single in the second as Milwaukee opened a 4-0 lead. Welington Castillo had a costly passed ball that allowed the runners to move up to second and third before Segura hit a liner into centre field. Samardzija (0-4) allowed two earned runs and six hits in his shortest start of the season. His ERA increased from 1.45 to 1.62. "He didnt have his best stuff today but he grinded out through five," manager Rick Renteria said. "We had a couple plays that maybe extended his innings." Barney connected in the second and Lake went deep in the third, but that was it for Chicago against Lohse (5-1). The veteran right-hander struck out two and walked one while improving to 6-6 in 21 career starts against the Cubs. Will Smith tossed a perfect eighth for Milwaukee and Francisco Rodriguez finished for his major league-best 17th save in 18 chances. It was Rodriguezs first outing since he allowed three runs in the ninth inning of Wednesdays 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh. "I was itching to go yesterday. It didnt work out," he said. "But as long as I get an opportunity to go out there and pitch, theres a better chance that I am going to do better than I did three days ago." Braun was activated from the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday and played three straight games against the Pirates. Roenicke decided to rest the 2011 NL MVP for the series opener against the lowly Cubs. Braun, who is batting .316 with six homers and 18 RBIs in 25 games, did not make a rehab start before he rejoined the team. "Youre going on what the player tells you. If he comes out and feels it again, youre in trouble," Roenicke said. "So thats why we try to take it easy so were really protecting ourselves throwing him right out there and something happens and hes right back on the DL again." NOTES: It rained for much of the morning in Chicago, and the gametime temperature was 38 degrees. ... Brewers RHP Matt Garza (2-3, 4.98 ERA) is scheduled to face RHP Edwin Jackson (2-3, 4.56 ERA) on Saturday. It will be Garzas first game at Wrigley Field since he was traded from the Cubs to the Rangers last July. ... Roenicke said he hopes Carlos Gomez will be able to play Saturday. The centre fielder is nursing a sore back while serving a three-game suspension for his role in a benches-clearing brawl April 20 in Pittsburgh. Mark Price Jersey Signed . -- Nelson Cruz has only two hits in 15 at-bats against the Kansas City Royals this season. Matt Guokas Jersey Signed .C. Lions 35-14, was named the CFLs offensive player of the week Tuesday. Sheets recorded his ninth 100-yard rushing performance of the season to tie the Riders club record. https://www.cheapnbajerseysjustwholesale.com/bobby-brown-jersey-signed/ . Off-Season Game Plan examines a team facing some challenging times as GM Bryan Murray tries to put together a roster for next season. Perhaps the first challenge facing Murray is that its expected he will be moving out Jason Spezza, a premier point producer who is about to enter the final year of his contract.Schedule/Results Date Event Location Winner Nov 8-15 Canadian Mixed North Bay, ON Kirkpatrick (SK) Dec 3-7 Canada Cup of Curling Camrose, AB McEwen/Sweeting Jan 8-11 Continental Cup of Curling Calgary, AB Canada Jan 16-18 Pintys All-Star Curling Skins Game Banff, AB Homan/Jacobs Jan 24-Feb 1 Canadian Juniors Corner Brook, NL Rocque (AB)/Calvert (MB) Feb 14-22 Scotties Tournament of Hearts Moose Jaw, SK Jennifer Jones (MB) Feb 28-Mar 8 World Juniors Tallinn, EST Calvert/Rocque (CAN) Feb 28-Mar 8 Tim Hortons Brier Calgary, AB Simmons? (CAN) Mar 14-22 World Womens Championships Sapporo, JPN Alina Patz (SUI) Mar 21-29 Canadian Seniors Edmonton, AB Neufeld (MB) Loblaw (AB) Mar 28-Apr 5 Ford World Mens Championships Halifax, NS Edin (SWE) Apr 18-Apr 25 World Seniors Sochi, Russia Fowler (Can)/Sieg (USA) Apr 18-Apr 25 World Mixed Doubles Sochi, Russia Palancsa/Kiss ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: