The Aaron Donald deal is not a holdup.8.

in Marie97's Ranch 09.12.2019 03:57
von zhangzk • 143 Beiträge

Losing Khalil Mack would become Jon Gruden’s legacy Womens Bo Jackson Jersey , putting permanent dark cloud over his Raiders return Panic mode is setting in. The season is fast approaching and the reports from both sides of Khalil Mack’s contract negotiations are not promising. Specifically that there aren’t any negotiations happening.A report Monday night from Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports paints a bleak picture of the contract standoff between Mack’s people and the Raiders. Here are the details that stand out:1. The impasse is likely to last into the season.2. Negotiations have been at a stalemate since February (we’ve heard this before).3. The situation has devolved into a “pay him or trade him” conversation.4. Jon Gruden has final say on any deal that gets done.5. Gruden is open to trade offers.6. Funding for Mack’s contract is not an issue for Mark Davis.7. Mark Davis may need to step in.9. The team is ok with Mack coming back and playing unhappy.None of this is good news. Gruden knows this. It can’t be understated how much of a mistake botching this would be for Jon Gruden’s legacy. He hasn’t even coached his first game back with the Raiders and he is already in serious danger of raining on his own parade by taking the field without the best defensive player in the NFL.How long has this franchise been waiting to actually draft a player the caliber of Khalil Mack? Have they ever drafted a defender of his talent level? That’s debatable. They’ve only ever drafted one other player who went on to be named Defensive Player of the Year. That was Lester Hayes, who they selected in the 1977 draft and who won the award in 1980 with a still NFL modern-era record 13 interceptions. The only drafted Hall of Fame defender the Raiders have had is Howie Long.Mack is already more accomplished than Hayes and is in the same conversation at Long. That 1980 season was Hayes’s only All Pro season. Long was named All Pro twice. Mack has already been named All Pro twice in four years, including being the only player in the history of the NFL to be named All Pro at two different positions (LB, DE) in the same year.Saying this would be like losing Howie Long in his prime doesn’t even cover it. Long came to the Raiders in their heyday. The Raiders had been an NFL powerhouse for nearly a decade when he started going to Pro Bowls. That team didn’t need a player like Long the way this team has needed, and will continue to need Mack. This franchise hasn’t sniffed success since鈥ell since they were fielding the team Gruden built in 2002. Since he beat them in the Super Bowl in his first season as head coach of the Buccaneers.That Super Bowl loss sent the Raiders on a downward spiral from which they have yet to recover. And it was all because Al Davis traded Gruden for draft picks. It would seem Gruden would understand that trading proven commodities for draft picks is not such a great strategy.Now for Gruden to come back and have his first act be to lose the greatest thing to happen to this team in 17 years? How would the two most lasting memories of Gruden for Raiders fans not be him TWICE ripping their hearts out? And that is to say nothing of the immediately on-field ramifications of attempting to field a shaky defense wholly reliant upon the only solid piece to its foundation.This is not how Gruden wants to get his 10-year, $100 million return to the sideline started. It’s a stain that will never wash off. Nor should it. Get this contract done. Pay the NFL Defensive Player of the Year like he’s the best defensive player in the NFL. Don’t make your first step back into coaching be a permanent, unforgivable black mark.Follow @LeviDamien For most of us Bo Jackson Jersey , the idea that someone would want to make a movie about their life would sound fascinating. Then again, most of us may not have a story worth telling. Raiders rookie Josh Jacobs..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesSilver And Black Pride homepageHorizontal - WhiteSilver And Black Pridean Oakland Raiders communityFollow Silver And Black Pride online:Follow Silver And Black Pride on TwitterFollow Silver And Black Pride on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchSilver And Black Pride main menuFanpostsFanshotsRaidersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Raiders rookie Josh Jacobs not sure whether he wants his story made into a movieNew,23commentsPDTFor most of us, the idea that someone would want to make a movie about their life would sound fascinating. Then again, most of us may not have a story worth telling. Raiders rookie Josh Jacobs certainly has a story worth telling. One that a lot of people would be interested in seeing dramatized on film.Shortly after being drafted, Jacobs was approached several times by producers looking to turn make a movie about his life.“I was just being hit up by big-name producers, like three or four of them about doing a movie https://www.raiderslockerroom.com/authentic-antonio-brown-jersey ,” said Jacobs. “I don’t know if I’m going to do it or not. I feel like there’s perfect timing to everything and I just don’t feel like right now is the right time.”Jacobs’ story is the kind Hollywood loves. His family struggled as a child, with bouts of poverty and homelessness while his father struggled to raise Josh and his four siblings. To go from that to star running back at Alabama to first round NFL draft pick is inspirational. Being a rookie who hasn’t even taken an NFL snap yet is one reason Jacobs is hesitant to sign onto any kind of movie deal right now. But it’s more than that.When you make a movie, the writers want every detail. The juicier the better. That means talking about things that happened in his life that aren’t so easily discussed.“Because it’s taking the story into a deeper level,” Jacobs said. “It’s saying some things that I left out in the story that would probably be shown in the movie and I don’t know if I want to do it. I still have to talk to my family about it and see how they feel about it and things like that. But I haven’t really thought about it too much.”One day maybe we’ll see “Long run: The Josh Jacobs story” in theaters at some point. But for now Jacobs is trying to make the ending even more of a success story.Follow @LeviDamien

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: