The Chiefs and Seahawks agreed to a trade on Tuesday

in Marie97's Ranch 20.12.2019 07:46
von liny195 • 147 Beiträge

that would send defensive end Frank Clark to Kansas City pending Clark’s agreement with the Chiefs on a new contract.It did not take long for that deal to come together.According to multiple reports K.J. Wright Color Rush Jersey , Clark has agreed to a five-year, $105.5 million deal with his new team. The deal has $63.5 million in guaranteed money.Clark was set to make $17.128 million if he played out the season under the terms of the franchise tag that the Seahawks slapped on him in March.This new deal trumps the $105 million in total value that DeMarcus Lawrence got from the Cowboys, although Lawrence got a slightly higher amount of guaranteed money at $65 million. It’s considerably more than the five-year, $85 million that Dee Ford got from the 49ers after the Chiefs traded him for a 2020 second-round pick earlier this year.That pick may wind up as part of the compensation for Clark as the Chiefs will keep the better of their two second-rounders while sending the other one and this year’s first-round pick to Seattle. Both the price to acquire Clark and the price they’ll pay him suggests Kansas City believes Clark is step above Ford as a pass rusher. The first pick in the 2014 draft will spend 2019 in Seattle. In his first meeting with reporters since the trade happened, Jadeveon Clowney attributed the decision to one thing.“Relationships,” Clowney told reporters. “Talked to Duane Brown and he said he loved it up here. Great quarterback. Great system. Just want to be part of this organization.”Brown was traded to Seattle during the 2017 season. Clowney ended up being sent to the Seahawks on Saturday. The move, however Bobby Wagner Color Rush Jersey , was in the works for a while.“Like a month ago,” Clowney said regarding when the possibility first arose. “I was just talking to [Duane Brown] and I was like, ‘Duane, how you like it up there?’ He called and I was like, ‘Bro, what do you think?’ He said you need to come play with us. You would love it here. Great weather, it’s not hot like Houston. Great fan support Justin Coleman Color Rush Jersey , other great teammates on this team. Come be part of something great. I was like, ‘Man, you know what, I’m going to try to look into that and try to get in there with you guys.'”Still, Clowney isn’t thinking about being a Seahawk beyond 2019.“I’m just trying to take it one day at a time,” he said. “I’m still trying to figure out where the cafeteria and the locker room are. It’s all confusing. Like I said, I just got here. Trying to get to know these guys. I’m not thinking far down the road. I worry about the next day Russell Wilson Color Rush Jersey , one day at a time. Game by game right now. Right now, focusing on getting better.”And when he says “game by game,” Clowney realizes there’s a good chance he’ll play in the first game of the season, vs. the Bengals on Sunday.“I hope so,” Clowney said regarding whether he’ll play. “I’m practicing. They say if you’re practicing, you play. Just going ahead, like I said Brandon Marshall Color Rush Jersey , just taking it one day at a time and putting my best foot forward, just going out and giving it everything I’ve got for this team.”If Clowney brings his best to Seattle, the Seahawks could go far this year. Indeed, the Clowney trade is one of those moves that will get folks to look very differently at the NFC playoff field, with Seattle being regarded as a much more serious contender.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: