Could the Green Bay Packers give up on DeShone Kizer already

in News 27.12.2019 03:43
von liny195 • 147 Beiträge

as Aaron Rodgers’ backup? That’s one of the questions head coach Matt LaFleur will have to answer as he and general manager Brian Gutekunst examine the roster in preparation for free agency and the draft.Kizer clearly has some skills given he was a second round draft pick of the Cleveland Browns in 2017 Blake Martinez Jersey , but he has shown little development in his two professional seasons. That much is obvious given his terrible performance in the Packers’ 31-0 loss to conclude the 2018 season. Given that the Packers’ hopes ride on Rodgers staying healthy, shouldn’t the Packers invest in at least a competent veteran backup? Teams like the Philadelphia Eagles and even the Chicago Bears stayed afloat this season thanks to Nick Foles and Chase Daniel’s solid performances when their starters went down.The Packers also could spend an earlier pick on a quarterback in the draft but then they might have to wait for that pick to develop as well and Kizer has shown nothing that the NFL game has slowed down for him so that option should be out. As for Tim Boyle, don’t let the preseason hype fool you. He’d have just as tough a time adjusting as Kizer has. The best option for Green Bay is to go get a veteran backup. There will be plenty of options come free agency.There’s more on the Packers’ backup quarterback situation plus why Jimmy Graham isn’t the only veteran tight end Green Bay should hang onto in today’s cheese curds.Packers no longer can neglect backup QB position—PackersNews.comWhen you throw in the health issues Rodgers has had the last two seasons, it seems the roster is screaming for a veteran backup. Hopefully LaFleur and Gutekunst listen.Rookie year memorable for JK Scott in many ways—Packers.comJK Scott isn’t kidding around when he said he had some ups and downs during his rookie season and hopefully a new special teams coordinator can make the most of a punter whose leg was a weapon at Alabama.Bringing back TE Marcedes Lewis makes sense for Packers—Packers WireMarcedes Lewis was underutilized under former coach Mike McCarthy as both a receiver and a blocker and given LaFleur’s dedication to a consistent running game to set up the pass, bringing Lewis back would form a solid tandem with Graham in the new offense where their skills could actually be properly showcased.From China to Oshkosh, late UW-Oshkosh art professor found passion in Green Bay Packers football—Oshkosh NorthwesternAnyone who lives in Wisconsin knows grocery stores are ghost towns during Packers games. A late UW-Oshkosh professor who usually shopped during games found that interesting so he learned about football and became a fan.Tennessee family searching for escaped rabbit the size of a dog—UPINo word if the rabbit has a mean streak a mile wide. Better not risk a frontal assault Jake Ryan Jersey , that rabbit is dynamite. Packers wide receiver Geronimo Allison got off to a great start last season, with 19 catches for 289 yards and two touchdowns in the first four games. Then he got hurt and missed two games, returned just long enough to get one more catch before getting hurt again, and his season was over. Now, he says, he’s fully healthy.Allison says he feels good after suffering a concussion Davante Adams Jersey , a hamstring injury and a torn adductor last year, and “I feel confident where I’m at,” Allison told ESPN. “I’m still able to do the same things I could before the injury. I took the proper time. I was mentally strong during the rehab process. My body is physically strong. I’m still ‘G-Mo.’ I’m 100 percent myself. You see it with ACLs and people come back and they’re not the same. You never know what it is — if they rushed the process or they don’t trust the surgery or trust the ligament — but I can tell you, I’m praying every night for full health and full strength to use my talents for good. I think I’m making a good comeback and I feel confident in myself.”Allison signed a one-year, $2.8 million contract to stay in Green Bay, where he’ll be learning a new offense with Matt LaFleur as the head coach. If he can produce like he did at the start of last year Corey Linsley Jersey , and stay healthy for 16 games, LaFleur is going to be very pleased.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: