Thats important for us. I dont have any

in News 12.07.2018 05:42
von zxlbxj1 • 253 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin took another step toward the overall world championship title, but the bad luck goes on for Canadas relay team. Hamelin overcame a weak start to win bronze in the 500-metre race behind winner Wu Dajing of China and American J.R. Celski on Saturday at the world short track speed skating championship. The Ste-Julie, Que., skater cut to the outside in a desperate bid for the win and came close to catching Celski at the finish line with the large crowd at the Maruice Richard Arena in a frenzy. "The four guys in that final were the four best 500-metre skaters in the world, so it was tough," said Hamelin, who was coming off a win in the 1,500-metre event on Friday. "I made a little mistake at the beginning. "I got passed by the Russian (Victor An) and was back in fourth place. I had a lot of speed. I went outside. It was my last option. I tried my best and was almost second." The 29-year-old, who has twice been runner-up for the overall title but never won it, leads the standings heading into the final two individual events -- the 1,000 and 3,000 metres -- on Sunday. An, a five-time overall world champion formerly known as Ahn Hyun-Soo, finished fourth. Park Seung-Hi of South Korea won the womens 500-metres ahead of Elise Christie of Britain and Fan Kexin of China. Disaster struck for the Canadian team in the mens relay semifinals when veteran Olivier Jean got caught in traffic and missed an exchange with Hamelin with only eight laps to go. The mishap dropped Canada from second to last place among the four teams and they couldnt catch up. Only the top two, Russia and Britain, earned a spot in Sundays relay final. "We got passed by the Chinese guy on the corner where we exchanged and it got mixed up.," said Michael Gilday of Yellowknife. "We didnt get our exchange in until a lap later and the other teams had already launched away. "Olivier was supposed to exchange with Charles on the corner where he got pushed out. There were a bunch of skaters and they couldnt tag together. It was a mess." At the Sochi Olympics three weeks ago, Canadas favoured relay team was eliminated in the semifinals when Francois Hamelin stepped on a marker disc and fell. "Thats short track," said Gilday. "It sucks. Clearly we havent had the breaks this year." South Korea and the Netherlands will also contest the mens relay final. Canada will have a team in the womens final. Jean opted not to talk to the media. The Lachanie, Que. skater, who was celebrating his 30th birthday, had been eliminated in the 500-metre quarter-finals along with Charle Cournoyer of Boucherville, Que., the bronze medallist in the event in Sochi. Marianne St-Gelais of St. Felicien, Que., and Marie-Eve Drolet of Laterriere, Que., were both ousted in the womens semifinals. "Im pretty happy, actually, because its not my best distance," said Drolet, who will have a better shot at a medal in the 1,000-metre race. "Im not a great sprinter, so it was super-fun to see that I could be fast and do a good race." St-Gelais said she may have psyched herself out before her semifinal because of an outside starting position. "I think I got scared at the (starting) line," she said. "I was thinking I would be squished behind two girls. Usually I dont think about those kinds of things, but that idea crossed my mind just before the start. I knew my race was done at that point." It was a happier day for Christie, who was shut out of the medals in Sochi after being penalized three times. The Scottish skater shot out to the lead off the start, only to be passed on the next-to-last lap by Park. It looked like the two might collide, but Christie said she backed off of any contact. "I probably could have won, but in the back of my head I was thinking about the fact that I got penalties, so when Park came through I let her go," said Christie. "I didnt try to get past because I just didnt want to get another penalty, to be honest." Christie came to the world championship seeking to redeem the Sochi setback and now is looking forward to her best event, the 1,000-metres. "It is my beat distance, but again, Ill be racing quite withdrawn," she said. "Im trying to stay out of fights and stuff, so that could play to my disadvantage. But maybe now that Ive got a medal, I might just go for it." Park won bronze in the 1,500-metres on Friday. She was a gold medallist in the 1,000-metre and the womens relay and got bronze in the 500-metres in Sochi. The Olympic 500-metre champion, Li Jiarrou of China, is not competing at the world championship. Red Auerbach Celtics Jersey . Russia has spent about $51 billion to deliver the Sochi Olympics, which run Feb. 7-23, making them the most expensive games ever, even though as a winter event it hosts many fewer athletes than summer games do. Larry Bird Celtics Jersey . Adam Lind provided the power and rookie starter Marcus Stroman had the best start of his young career as the Blue Jays dumped the Yankees 8-3 at Rogers Centre. Stroman, making his fifth start for Toronto, allowed one earned run and three hits over a career-high eight innings. http://www.celticsteamproshop.com/Cheap-...Celtics-Jersey/. Darren Collison and Blake Griffin scored 23 points apiece and the Clippers beat the Suns 112-108 Wednesday night, their fourth win in a row and 17th in the last 19 games. Marcus Morris Celtics Jersey . -- The Los Angeles Clippers chose not to speak publicly about owner Donald Sterling before they faced the Golden State Warriors for Game 4 of their first-round series Sunday. John Havlicek Celtics Jersey . One out away from finishing off an impressive shutout, they let a must-win game slip away.WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper came back from a lengthy stint on the disabled list Monday and didnt shy away from expressing how he thinks manager Matt Williams should address the lineup questions posed by his return. Harper, who missed 57 games because of a torn ligament in his left thumb, was batting sixth and playing left field as the Nationals opened a series against the Colorado Rockies on Bryce Harper bobblehead night. That meant Ryan Zimmerman, whos been playing left since being activated from his own stay on the DL, was back at third base. Anthony Rendon shifted from third to second, and Danny Espinosa was on the bench. Asked about Zimmerman, Harper said: "Hes great. I think he should be playing left." "I mean, Rendon is a great third baseman, he should be playing third and weve got one of the best second baseman in the league in Danny Espinosa," he said. "Of course, you want the best-hitting lineup in there and I think Rendon playing third and Zim playing left is something thats good for this team and I think that should be whats happening." That would presumably put Harper back in centre — where he played the majority of his games during his NL rookie of the year season in 2012 — in place of Denard Span. Williams was glad to get Harper in the lineup. As for Harpers lineup opinions, Williams didnt say much. "I think that I would say were happy to have him back," Willliams said.dddddddddddd "And when hes out there, regardless of where hes at, wed like him to catch it when its hit to him and hit it when its thrown to him. And play the way Bryce plays. Thats important for us. I dont have any comment other than that." Williams repeated his past thoughts about moving players around depending on matchups and the need to ensure proper rest for his regulars, including 35-year-old right fielder Jayson Werth and 34-year-old first baseman Adam LaRoche. "Its fluid," Williams said. "Its todays lineup and thats going to be todays. Tomorrows may change." Monday night marked the first time since opening day - when catcher Wilson Ramos left the game with an injury - that this starting eight has taken the field. The 21-year-old Harper was hitting .289 with one home run and nine RBIs in 22 games before getting hurt. He played five rehabilitation games in the minors and hit .643, including three homers in a Double-A game over the weekend. "To be able to get back out there and play for a team thats in contention, its a lot of fun and Im excited to be back," he said. Washington began the day in second place in the NL East, a half-game behind Atlanta. To make room for Harper, the Nationals optioned left-handed reliever Xavier Cedeno to Triple-A Syracuse. Cedeno pitched in one game during his third stint in the majors this season. He threw a scoreless inning on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: