. Ill be ready for it." Veteran Colts backup

in News 13.07.2018 05:20
von zxlbxj1 • 253 Beiträge

SAGINAW, Mich. -- The Saginaw Spirit remembered late player Terry Trafford on Saturday night in their first home game since he was found dead in a parked car. An autopsy determined the 20-year-old Trafford died of self-inflicted asphyxiation. The Toronto natives body was found March 12. He disappeared eight days earlier after receiving discipline from the club. The Spirit lost the Ontario Hockey League game 6-2 to the London Knights at The Dow Event Center. London players lined up on their blue line and tapped their sticks on the ice as the Spirit players skated out on the ice. Spirit players aligned on the other blue line and the crowd stood as the team honoured Trafford with a moment of silence and a video montage on the scoreboard above the ice. At the end of the montage, the scoreboard read "One young man. Four years. One team. Many memories." "Our whole franchise, our whole community, is grieving right now," Spirit President Craig Goslin said. "For four years, Terry was a fixture in this rink. He was a good kid and he did a lot of good things here." Saginaw players wore "TT16" stickers on their helmet and will honour their former teammate with black patches for the playoffs. Trafford played four seasons with Saginaw, scoring 29 goals in 221 games. Traffords funeral is set for Tuesday in Toronto. "He could really lighten up the room," said Spirit centre Eric Locke, teammates with Trafford for the last three seasons. "Hed make you laugh, make you smile. "We went back and forth. One time I tied a cup of water near his skate and when he grabbed it the water dumped in his skate so he skated all practice with a wet foot. He got me back by writing a nickname on my helmet that I ended up skating all practice with." Orlando Scandrick Redskins Jersey . They were right in that they responded to coach Randy Carlyles goaltending switch to erase a two-goal deficit. Troy Apke Redskins Jersey . The 29-year-old German, the 2011 overall World Cup champion, says she has decided "to end my career now. http://www.theredskinsshoponline.com/You...skins-Jersey/.C. -- With a chance to start over and maybe drive in any series he wanted, Juan Pablo Montoya thought long and hard about what mattered most at this stage of his career. Pernell McPhee Redskins Jersey .Y. - Matt Harvey wants to make sure hes on the mound in late October — if the New York Mets get there for the first time since 2006. Paul Richardson Jersey .C. -- The Steve Smith era in Carolina is over.NASHVILLE -- Titans quarterback Jake Locker did not practice Wednesday because of an injured right wrist, and whether he plays against the Indianapolis Colts will depend on how much he heals up by Sunday. The wrist on Lockers throwing arm was bent during the Titans 33-7 loss at Cincinnati last week, and the quarterback said he felt something during the game. "When the adrenaline stopped, it started hurting a little more ...," Locker said. "Im just working as hard as I can to get back as soon as possible." The timing couldnt be much worse for the Titans (1-2). They have lost two straight, and Locker has been intercepted twice in each loss. The quarterback is in the final year of his contract and already has missed 14 of a potential 32 starts the past two seasons. Its why the Titans didnt pick up his 2015 option back in May. Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Locker didnt do much at all, which was why the quarterback was listed as not practicing. Whisenhunt said Locker followed practice closely mentally preparing. The coach said they knew the Titans face a "process" with Lockers wrist healing up. "Nothings changed about that," Whisenhunt said. "Hes getting better. Its just a question of how quickly that progresses." If Locker cant play Sunday in Indianapolis (1-2), then Charlie Whitehurst would make his first start since 2011 when he started two games and played in three for Seattle. Now in his ninth season, Whitehurst is 1-3 as a starter and has more interceptions (four) than touchdowns (three). The Titans cut Ryan Fitzpatrick in March and signed Whitehurst because he spent last season with Whisenhunt in San Diego. Whisenhunt said they have to see how Locker progresses the next couple days before knowiing if they face a game-time decision on who starts at quarterback.dddddddddddd. This being his first season with Locker, the coach still is learning about his quarterback. "All I can do is go off of talking with him and seeing how he prepares," Whisenhunt said. "He works hard. Hes into it today. I respect that. We havent gone through this process with a lot of our players, so I cant honestly answer that yet." Whitehurst was limited himself this preseason by an injured right pinkie, and he still had the finger wrapped after practice Wednesday. If Locker cant play, then Whitehursts backup would be rookie Zach Mettenberger who has been inactive the first three games. The last time Whitehurst appeared in a game was twice last season in San Diego, the last on Dec. 8 against the Giants. The last game he threw a pass in was Oct. 30, 2011, when he was 4 of 7 for 52 yards against Cincinnati while with Seattle. Whitehurst was sacked eight times in three appearances that season. "Its been a while since Ive been in a meaningful game for sure," Whitehurst said. "You just want to prepare. Ill be ready for it." Veteran Colts backup quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, who played with the Titans during Lockers first two seasons, said its extremely difficult to play with any injury to the right arm. "Now Jake is a really, really tough kid, so nothing would surprise me if hes able to go," Hasselbeck said. "But theyd still be in good hands with Whitehurst, who I played with in Seattle. I just think Jake is a really tough kid." Notes: TE Delanie Walker (shoulder) and TE Taylor Thompson (knee) also did not practice. DE Ropati Pitoitua (knee) and LB James Anderson (thigh) were limited. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: