k star treatment and a new fat contract

in Dressur 23.07.2018 09:06
von zxlbxj1 • 253 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Troy Smith is looking like he will grow into the job as the Montreal Alouettes starting quarterback after all. After the offence was stifled in a season opening loss last week in Calgary, Smith and the entire Alouettes team were a notch better in a 24-9 victory over the struggling B.C. Lions on Friday night. Montreal (1-1) posted the first win by an East Division team over a western club this season and dropped the Lions to 0-2. "There wasnt a lot of difference in play calls, it was just the quarterback making different reads and doing different things," said Smith. "Obviously, having a little more time with the co-ordinator and the offensive line coach is going to help you. "Im kind of greedy in the sense that I like throwing touchdown passes and I didnt get one, so Im still chomping at the bit to get my first one of the season, but if we keep getting wins, thats the most important statistic." Running back Brandon Whitaker and linebacker Chip Cox scored first quarter touchdowns and Sean Whyte kicked three field goals and a single for the Alouettes. The defence made the real difference, sacking B.C. starter Kevin Glenn five times, picking off two passes and recovering a fumble. Smith was sacked only once and was not picked off. Smith completed 17 passes for a relatively modest 187 yards, but he helped the Alouettes pick up 203 yards on the ground with a few timely rushing first downs. The Lions produced only one Paul McCallum field goal with Glenn at quarterback. Backup John Beck had an eight-yard TD toss to Courtney Taylor with 1:20 left in the game on a drive aided by three Montreal penalties. It was their first TD since they got two in the first quarter of a loss last week at home to Edmonton. "This is a tough business to be in because you can be so high one day and so low the next," said the 35-year-old Glenn, who became the starter when Travis Lulay was placed on the six-game injured list with a shoulder injury. "Weve just got to make sure we stick together and try to turn this thing around. "Its a long season. The most important thing is to stick together as a team." The concern for B.C. going into the game was having newcomer Ryan Cave starting at left tackle after only two practices with the team this week. It wasnt all his doing, but Montreal spent much of the first half in the Lions backfield, either sacking Glenn or hurrying throws. Bowman said the defence didnt key on Cave. "The way (defensive co-ordinator Noel Thorpe) called the game, it wasnt anything against Cave," said Bowman, whose four sacks was one short of a team record. "I actually thought he played OK. "Coach Thorpe called a masterful game. We didnt take advantage of one player, but their scheme in general." The defence came up with the first score 7:36 into the game on a play that had the crowd of 20,018 on its feet. Defensive lineman Scott Paxson reached up a hand to pick off Glenns throw, then flipped the ball to Cox to run 20 yards into the end zone. It was a fifth career TD for Cox. "I had contain on that play," said Paxson. "The quarterback threw the ball a little low and I got my hands on it. After that, I wasnt really thinking. I saw I was about to be tackled so I pitched it to Chip." Cox had one defensive tackle, leaving the 2013 outstanding defensive player two short of moving into the top-10 in CFL history. Smith led a nine-play, 71-yard drive capped by Whitakers 32-yard TD run at 13:27. Whyte added a pair of field goals in the second quarter, one of them set up by an Andrew Harris fumble that was recovered by Jerald Brown on the B.C. 43 yard line. The other came after Smiths 37-yard pass to S.J. Green, which appeared to hit the ground. However, B.C. coach Mike Benevides said spotters got the replay late and the referee ruled that the next play had started before the challenge flag was thrown. "That would have been a difference of three points," Benevides said. "Id love to get the replay on time." Montreal back-up quarterback Tanner Marsh fumbled on a third-and-short play into Solomon Elimimians hands at the Montreal 40 to set up McCallums 24-yard field goal to put B.C. on the board 5:41 into the second half. Glenn had a promising drive die when he was intercepted by Marc-Olivier Bouillette in the end zone early in the fourth quarter. Glenn threw only seven picks all of last season with Calgary, but has six in two games with the Lions. B.C. finally scored with Beck in the game. "I wanted Beck to get some work,"said Benevides. "He had some time to warm up, so I got him in there to get some game reps." The schedule doesnt get easier for the Lions, whose next game is at Saskatchewan on July 12. The Alouettes stay home to face 2-0 Winnipeg next Friday. Kevin Johnson Jersey . Despite Barcelona showing the same vulnerability in defence, Messis best performance since returning from a lengthy injury layoff ensured that his side bounced back from a defeat by Valencia in the previous round. Elfrid Payton Jersey .com) - Mike Miller scored a season-high 21 points in a rare start and the Cleveland Cavaliers bounced back from their worst loss of the season with a 95-91 win over the Brooklyn Nets. http://www.basketballsunsauthority.com/j...ns-jersey-c-22/. The appointment of Boullier continues the behind-the-scenes restructuring at McLaren, who recently brought back former team principal Ron Dennis as its new chief executive. Steve Nash Jersey . As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his muscles. What do you think of DeMar DeRozans face after he hits a big shot, he was asked moments earlier. Leandro Barbosa Jersey . In a matter of days, he went from unwanted to wanted, from fired to hired, from discarded by the Philadelphia Eagles with reputation tarnished to rock star treatment and a new fat contract from the Washington Redskins.History repeats! Well kind of. Way back in 1986 the Toronto Argonauts lost to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in a two-game total point duo of games and the Ticats went on to win the Grey Cup over the Edmonton Eskimos. What was so unusual was that for the first six quarters Toronto was dominant and when halftime rolled around in the second game all logic said easy victory. Well in the end, Hamilton won 59-56 as Toronto self-imploded and Hamilton capitalized. Fast forward some 27 years and again Toronto dominated (in the first half) and Hamilton came back to win in impressive fashion in the second half and won 36-24. I thought there were three key aspects that determined the game. First, Hamilton scored to end the first half to make the game 24-17 as compared to 24-10 if Hamilton did not score. All of a sudden it was a one-touchdown game. Its much easier to play a second half when you know you only need one touchdown. And that is what happened on the first drive of the second half with a Tiger-Cats touchdown and a 24-24 game. And confidence went from the team in blue to the team in white very fast. Ticats dominated time of possession almost 2 to 1. That was so surprising because during the regular season no team was better at avoiding two plays and a punt more than Toronto. But they had four in the game and three in the third quarter. By the start of the fourth Hamilton was in complete control. The final issue was red zone efficiency. To end the season the Argos were the best in red zone defence. Now you could move the ball with ease from the 20 to the 20 but all year anything inside the 20 the Argos stopped. Not Sunday afternoon, with 30 points scored by Hamilton from the 20 and in with three touchdowns and three field goals. Different Script Out west, yes I thought Calgary could win it by three but completely mis-evaluated the significance of the absence of the two defeensive tackles Demonte Bolden and Micah Johnson.dddddddddddd Big guys cant do a little guys job in football and little guys cant do a big mans job either. The seven turnovers killed any chance for Calgary but even if the turnovers were significantly less I still dont think Calgary wins. The Riders beat Calgary as much as Calgary beat themselves. Truth is that the West Semifinal was a greater threat to the Riders than the final itself. The BC Lions were close to beating Saskatchewan while the Stampeders never really came close. Grey Cup Promise With both Saskatchewan and Hamilton in the Grey Cup there are many unique stories to unfold. Kent Austin back in Regina. Same with Henry Burris and Andy Fantuz. A third home Grey Cup team in a row and this time with the best football fans. Darian Durant trying for his first Grey Cup win after two losses. George Cortez as an offensive coordinator competing against a team he was the head coach of not long ago. The one hundred and first Grey Cup is easy to make entertaining and interesting. There is no doubt that the Tiger-cats will be heavy underdogs come Sunday and they should be. The Riders beat Hamilton twice, at home 37-0 and at University of Guelph with Drew Willy at quarterback. But until the game is played you never know. Because you know that as a head coach Kent Austin will take an "us against the world" approach. Hell say that nobody gives us a chance and we "have them exactly where we want them". Corey Chamblin will be sending a message more towards "dont underestimate anyone", especially a team that started 1-4, and finished 10-4. Either way in the city of Regina you are guaranteed a great week with two new teams, the hometown fans and two quarterbacks closer to ending their careers than starting them. This years Grey Cup could be one of the best in many different ways. Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: