verything out and focus on every d

in News 26.07.2018 04:19
von zxlbxj1 • 253 Beiträge

OTTAWA -- If competing under the pressure of their final pre-Olympic performance was the perfect test for Sochi, Scott Moir gave a failing grade Friday. M.J. Stewart Jersey . "We didnt perform under that pressure as well as wed like to," Moir said. Moir and partner Tessa Virtue won the short dance at the Canadian figure skating championships, but the defending Olympic champions werent thrilled with their performance, admitting to considerable pressure competing in front of a Canadian crowd for what will likely be the last time. And less than a month out from the Games, nothing short of perfect is good enough. "Weve been training and practising kind of lights-out and Tessa and I, were really perfectionists and it felt like we had a couple moments today that just werent the way wed been training," Moir said. "Thats probably the emotion you see on our faces." Virtue and Moir earned 76.16 points for their jazz-infused skate to music by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, but lost marks for holding a rotational lift for too long. In the lift in question, Virtue lies on her back across a spinning Moirs shoulders. There were a few other small missteps as well. "Just technical things," Moir explained. "I felt like I was a battling a little with my knees today, wasnt quite under the ice. . . maybe I was watching world junior (hockey) highlights or something." Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Waterloo, Ont., were second with 72.68, while Alexandra Paul of Toronto and Mitchell Islam of Barrie, Ont., were third with 67.67. Canada, which will name its Olympic team Sunday, has three ice dancing berths at the Sochi Games. Virtue admitted the two are being tougher on themselves with the Games so close. "Im sure a lot of people around will think Oh dont be so negative," Virtue said. "There are a lot of positives to take from (the program). Its just the place we are in our season, its all about process, its all about trying to achieve the highest quality of performance possible, so were always trying to get that." Virtue, from London, Ont., and Moir, from Ilderton, Ont., have been living and training in a bubble of sorts the past few weeks in Canton, Mich., making a strategic decision to block out almost everything Olympic-related. They used the same approach leading into the 2010 Vancouver Games. "Its nice when were in the States because we dont see anything, about anything Canadian," Virtue said. Theyre not even watching their own show -- the W Networks "Tessa & Scott" -- which is two episodes into the seven-episode series. "Its just too much us," Moir said. "Its so close to the Games, we sort of lived it already, we dont want to go back and feel the things we were feeling in August and September, especially just a few weeks short of the Olympics," Virtue added. "Were in such a great place now. . . its better for us to block everything out and focus on every day." Ronald Jones II Jersey .com) - Guard Greivis Vasquez and forward Patrick Patterson, two key pieces to the Toronto Raptors run to an Atlantic Division title in 2013-14, were both given qualifying offers by the team on Saturday. Alex Cappa Jersey . "We cannot stay the same way the whole season long," said Reyes. "This is not acceptable. Something needs to change because were a better team than what were showing right now. Its a long season and we just need to continue to push." Its been a frustrating week for the ballclub.MELBOURNE, Australia -- Adam Scott emerged victorious from a last-round fight with Matt Kuchar on Sunday to successfully defend his Australian Masters title and make it back-to-back victories on his four-event tour of his homeland. Scott began Sunday with a comfortable lead, lost it on the back nine, then wrestled it back, with his scrambling even-par 71 proving enough for a two-shot victory at a windy Royal Melbourne. It followed his victory in last weeks Australian PGA to make a perfect start to his first visit back home since his U.S. Masters title in April. American Kuchar led by two strokes with three holes to play but double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker and finished second after a 68. Vijay Singh was third after a 71, four behind Scott. The 50-year-old Fijian veteran was attempting to win his first tournament since 2008. Scott, who had a four-round total of 14-under 270, will now try to win the so-called Australian Triple Crown with a victory at the Australian Open at Royal Sydney in two weeks. Before that, he will partner Jason Day for Australia at the World Cup next week, again at Royal Melbourne. Kuchar took the lead when Scott made a double bogey on the 14th as he dealt with a plugged lie in a bunker, while Kuchar in the preceding group made a birdie at the 15th. The situation was reversed a whole later when Scott also birdied the 15th and the American bogeyed the 16th. Scott had led by four strokes at the start of the round and by five shots late on the front nine. His faltering on the back nine revived memories of the 2012 British Open when he bogeyed the final four holes to lose by a shot, but this time he came out on top. "I usually like looking at the leaderboard, but it wasnt enjooyable today," Scott said of the numerous lead changes. Alex Cappa Buccaneers Jersey. "I made a lot of errors, but I managed to hang on despite being a little shaky out there." His day got off to an ominous start. His birdie putt from three feet lipped out while Singh had a tap-in birdie to reduce the lead to three, but a Singh bogey on the second restored the four-shot gap. While Scott and Singh dueled in the final group, Kuchar, who will team with Kevin Streelman for the United States at the World Cup, moved up the leaderboard. The American bogeyed the first hole, but birdies on five of the next eight holes left him as Scotts closest pursuer. He birdied the 11th and then the 15th to take the lead for the first time in the tournament before his late collapse. "Its never fun, the 72nd hole, but it can happen any time," Kuchar said. "I tried on the last hole to stay aggressive and hit a good quality shot and I thought I had. "The thing about Royal Melbourne is you can really pay the price for just being off if you play aggressively. Its certainly a rough way to end it but thats kind of the nature of the game." Jarrod Lyle, playing in his first tournament in 20 months since his recovery from his second bout of leukemia, finished with an 8-over 79, including bogeys on his final three holes. He didnt expect to make the cut. At the 18th, the large gallery applauded, even playing partner Michael Long, as Lyle walked gingerly around the green. "I played five days in a row, including the pro-am, and the last nine holes I started to feel it," Lyle said. "I got around, and its not the end I wanted. But its better than I thought it would be: three good rounds and one shocker, thats golf." Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: