When you get to a certain age you

in News 26.07.2018 04:28
von zxlbxj1 • 253 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox had a power surge on Saturday night. A.J. Derby Jersey . But the offensive production in the 6-5 win over the Kansas City Royals has been a rarity this season, and that was evident after the game when the team announced that hitting coach Jeff Manto had been fired. The White Sox avoided 100 losses for the season with the win, but it wasnt enough to save Mantos job. "Obviously, this has been a very disappointing season and one of the main areas of disappointment has been our offensive performance," general manager Rick Hahn said. "Were at the bottom of several important categories, most importantly runs scored, walks and on-base percentage. Its our belief that the best way to continue to address some of those issues is to get a new voice in here to work with our hitters. "We had a conversation with Jeff and we allowed him to choose whether he finished the season and had this announced on Monday. Jeff decided it was best for him to leave at the start of tonights game." Manager Robin Ventura said he fought for Manto to stay, but the decision to make the change wasnt his. "As bad as this season has been, I dont want anyone to point the finger at him," Ventura said of Manto. "Having played and having the same thing as a player, theres responsibility all over the place." The White Sox were a more potent offence on Saturday. Adam Dunn and Conor Gillapie each hit two-run shots and Marcus Semien and Jordan Danks each added solo homers. "Looking at last year, we hit a lot of home runs," Ventura said. "I think at periods we won more games because we got runs faster. Tonight was one of those nights. It was instant, for both teams. There was no manufacturing of runs. Last year, we had it. This year, we didnt have it as much." It was an unseasonably warm night and the ball was flying out as if it was the middle of summer. All 11 runs came via the home run. The White Sox opened the scoring with back-to-back homers from Semien and Danks in the bottom of the second inning for a 2-0 lead. Its the fourth time this season the White Sox have hit back-to-back homers. Semien has only been with the White Sox a short time, but has a long history with Manto. "I learned a lot from him," Semien said. "Even when I was in the minor leagues, he was our co-ordinator my first year. He taught me a lot about what to look for, what to do in certain situations. Hes helped me become a smarter player." The advantage grew to 4-0 when Dunn smashed a two-run shot in the third. It was Dunns 34th homer on the season. Those homers were surrendered by Royals starter Yordano Ventura (0-1), who allowed four runs and six hits in four innings. White Sox starter Erik Johnson (3-2) didnt allow a hit through the first 4 1-3 innings. Mike Moustakas then homered to right field with one out in the fifth inning. Then in the top of the sixth, Billy Butler hit a two-run shot to make it 4-3. "This park is usually a good park to hit in if you get the ball in the air," Butler said. "Definitely in the (A.L.) Central its the best park to hit in. You hit the ball in the air and you hit it good, its going out." The home runs continued in the bottom of the seventh when Gillaspie smacked the first pitch from left-handed reliever Tim Collins just over the right-field fence for a two-run homer and a 6-3 cushion. Salvador Perez got the runs right back with a two-run shot in the eighth. White Sox closer Addison Reed worked a scoreless ninth for his 40th save. NOTES: Assistant hitting coach Harold Baines will handle Mantos job in Sundays season finale. Manto worked two years as Chicagos hitting coach. ... A day later, there was still a buzz about the unusual catch Royals left-fielder Alex Gordon made Friday on a fly ball by Alexei Ramirez. Gordon ran back and climbed the fence. But then he realized the ball wasnt going that far, so he jumped down and made a casual backhand catch. Many in the ballpark thought the ball was gone, including the person who sets off the fireworks celebrating every White Sox homer. "I wasnt fooled by that," Chicago manager Robin Ventura said. "I wasnt in charge of the fireworks. Believe it or not, we dont have a button controlling that in (the dugout)." ... Barring a last-second collapse of epic proportions, the Royals, who led the AL with a 2.55 bullpen ERA entering Saturday, will set a franchise mark. The previous low in a full season was 2.92 in 1976. . The series, and the season, wraps up Sunday with White Sox LHP Jose Quintana (9-6) facing LHP Bruce Chen (8-4). Robert Quinn Jersey . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Minkah Fitzpatrick Dolphins Jersey .6 seconds left to give the Toronto Raptors a 92-89 victory over the Boston Celtics in an exhibition game Wednesday night.BERLIN -- Bayern Munich routed Hannover 4-0 away to increase its Bundesliga lead to 19 points and extend its league record unbeaten run to 47 games on Sunday. Bastian Schweinsteiger made his first start after recovering from ankle surgery and the Germany midfielder had a hand in both his sides first half goals, as Bayern strolled to its 14th win in succession. Earlier, 10-man Werder Bremen held on for a 0-0 draw at Eintracht Frankfurt, a result that leaves both sides just three points off the relegation zone. Hannover made the better start and Bayern reserve goalkeeper Tom Starke, replacing the rested Manuel Neuer, had to be alert to deny Artjoms Rudnevs in the 15th minute when Szabolcs Huszti played the Latvian striker through. "It took us a while to get into it but once we scored it went very well," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Bayern gave the home side a lesson in efficiency and scored with its first attack of note in the 25th when Schweinsteiger spotted Rafinha on the right and the Brazilian crossed for Thomas Mueller to head inside the right post. Schweinsteiger played a great ball over the Hannover defence for Thiago Alcantara to make it 2-0 with a confident finish nine minutes later. "It was great to play from the beginning, to get the practice back and play without any problems," Schweinsteiger said. "I still have to get into my rhythm. The foot feels good and I hope it stays that way." Hannover threatened briefly after the break, when Rudnevs fired over and Starke saved from Mame Biram Diouf before blocking Husztis effort. Mueller killed any hopes of a comeback with his second goal in the 59th after Mario Mandzukic laid the ball off with his heel. It was the Bayerrn wingers 10th strike of the season. Josh Sitton Jersey. Mandzukic celebrated his 100th Bundesliga appearance by meeting Rafinhas cross to complete the scoring in the 66th. Schweinsteiger went off shortly afterward, when he vented his frustration at not receiving the ball from substitute Arjen Robben after making a run. "When you get to a certain age you dont like to run as much," Schweinsteiger joked. "I know what Arjen is like." Bayern can wrap up the title in record time with closest challengers Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund losing on Saturday. Fourth-placed Schalke also slipped up by drawing on Friday. No other side has had such an advantage after 22 games in 51 seasons of the Bundesliga. Bayern can theoretically seal the title on March 15. "I look at the table but in the end its only important what we do," Guardiola said. Frankfurt dominated its game Sunday but failed to make the most of its numerical advantage after Felix Kroos was sent off with his second yellow card in the 34th minute. "Were not at all happy with the point," Frankfurt coach Armin Veh said. "We were the better team even before the sending off." Joselu should have scored in the ninth but was thwarted in a one-on-one by Bremen goalkeeper Raphael Wolf. Frankfurt attacking midfielder Alexander Meier grazed the outside of the right post with a free kick in the 29th, shot wide from a promising position in the 78th, and then headed the best chance against the other post with two minutes remaining. "This little victory for morale can help us," Bremen coach Robin Dutt said. "We dont yet know what the point is good for but it will be good for something." Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: