SEATTLE -- After waiting decades for a major sports championship, thousands of Seattleites took to the streets as fireworks popp

in News 27.07.2018 05:33
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

SEATTLE -- After waiting decades for a major sports championship, thousands of Seattleites took to the streets as fireworks popped, horns blared and flags waved following the Seahawks decisive Super Bowl win. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . "I was born here, I was raised here! This is my ultimate dream!" shouted John Caro, who, with his wife Corina, both 59, whooped their way down Lake City Way in North Seattle and high-fived passersby. "We have waited so freakin long for this!" The Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos 43-8 Sunday. The last time a major Seattle sports franchise won a championship was in 1979 when the Supersonics took the NBA title. The WNBAs Seattle Storm have won two championships, in 2004 and 2010. Seattle police were out in large numbers in many neighbourhoods after the game. The department was investigating two shootings that came amid widespread celebrations over the Seahawks Super Bowl win, both near the Pioneer Square neighbourhood, where thousands of fans gathered. The separate incidents occurred just before 12 a.m. Monday and left two victims hospitalized with non-life-tfhreatening wounds, police spokesman Mark Jamieson said. The suspect in the first shooting was apprehended when officers in the area heard the shots and saw him running. No one has been arrested in the other shooting. The motives for the shootings remained unclear. For most of Sunday night the crowd was in a celebratory mood, but later on it turned ugly, with people hurling bottles at police and breaking windows, Jamieson said. Officers in riot gear eventually dispersed the crowd. The Fire Department reported about a half-dozen bonfires around the city, mostly involving couches and mattresses burned in streets. The biggest blaze was near the University of Washington, where one person was arrested for investigation of reckless burning. In all, about six people were arrested, including the suspects in the burning and shooting cases, Jamieson said. In Occidental Park in Pioneer Square, near CenturyLink Field where the Seahawks play, people waving "12th Man" flags took to the streets, and others climbed trees and sculptures. They broke 17 glass panes and caused other damage to a historic pergola that will cost about $25,000 to repair, Joelle Hammerstad, a Parks Department spokeswoman, said Monday. People in some neighbourhoods blocked traffic, and in downtown a line of cars stretched for blocks as people cheered. Seattle police spokesman Mark Jamieson said Sunday night the biggest concentrations of people were downtown and in the University District. He said no major disturbances were reported. By contrast, the mood in Denver was subdued, as expected, with fans downcast and police reporting few problems. Mayor Ed Murray said in a statement that a Seahawks victory parade would occur Wednesday, with a route through downtown and ending at CenturyLink Field. Shrieking and waving her Seahawks flags at passing cars on a North Seattle street, Senayet Woldemarian, a 29-year-old physical therapist from suburban Shoreline, said: "We got our first Super Bowl!" Her friend, wedding photographer Taylor Olcott, 28, said it reminded her a little of being in Boston in 2004, when the Red Sox won baseballs World Series for the first time since 1918. "This is the first time Ive really seen Seattle passionate about anything," she said. "Its, like, East Coast. Its very exciting." About 30 people watched the game at the Outlander Brewery in Seattles Fremont neighbourhood. It was such a blowout that by the fourth quarter, employees had switched one of the three TVs to Animal Planets "Puppy Bowl." "Were all in euphoria right now," said Steve McVay, a 43-year-old Seattle IT worker. "Its a huge deal for the city. Since the Sonics, we havent won anything." Josh Bynes Jersey . - The Oakland Athletics say they are stopping negotiations to extend their lease at the Coliseum. Christian Kirk Jersey . All of 46 seconds into the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 victory over Alex Ovechkins struggling Washington Capitals, Crosby assisted on Chris Kunitzs goal. http://www.nflcardinalsauthoritystore.com/Authentic-Chase-Edmonds-Cardinals-Jersey/ . -- Down to 10 men and behind on the scoreboard, Toronto FC displayed its perseverance.NEWPORT, R.I. -- Lindsay Davenport remembers picking up a tennis racket as a child and the feeling that came with the ease of a powerful return. After giving up on two other sports, she found something she liked. On Saturday, she reached her sports highest honour, with her induction into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Davenport spent 98 weeks ranked No. 1. She won the 1998 U.S. Open, 1999 Wimbledon, 2000 Australian Open and 1996 Olympic gold medal to go with three major doubles titles. She finished the end of four years ranked No. 1. Chris Evert was among those at the ceremony. The tennis great described Davenports game as "so loud, so strong and aggressive." Davenport entered the hall with five-time Paralympic medallist Chantal Vandierendonck in the recent player category, coach Nick Bollettieri, executive Jane Brown Grimes, and broadcaster John Barrett in the contributor category. "Hitting the ball and making contact was always something that came very natural to me," Davenport said. "It was a blessing. It happened at a very young age. I didnt realize that it was that hard to do and I had a special talent, and it took a long time to put that altogether. "Thats what made it so fun to me, the sound, and what I could do witth the shots, and see how hard I could hit them. Brice Butler Cardinals Jersey. Everything else about the game took work and was a struggle, but that was something and that was the reason why I fell in love with it." She was presented by friend and former ATP pro Justin Gimelstob, who played against her at a clinic. The 82-year old Bollettieri has coached 10 players to the No. 1 ranking, including Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, Monica Seles and Boris Becker. In 1978, he founded the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, the first full-time tennis boarding school in the U.S. "The older you get, its not the (age), but what you have here," he said, touching his chest near his heart. Vandierendonck was a top Dutch player before she was injured in a car accident in 1983. Shes the first woman wheelchair player inducted. Brown Grimes is a former managing director of the Womens Professional Tennis Council (now known as the WTA Board), president of the U.S. Tennis Association, and president of the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Barrett was the "Voice of Wimbledon" on the BBC from 1971-2006. His wife, former top-ranked player Angela Mortimer Barrett, was inducted into the hall in 1993. Agassi and Steffi Graf are the only other married couple in the hall. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: