Arizona coach Bruce Arians says there "were obviously very, very many

in Fragen 03.08.2018 05:20
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.801 Beiträge

TEMPE, Ariz. Luke Stocker Titans Jersey . -- Arizona coach Bruce Arians says there "were obviously very, very many problems" with the officiating in the Cardinals 24-21 loss at Philadelphia. Of particular concern were three plays near the end of the game. One was a holding call on safety Tyrann Mathieu that negated Patrick Petersons interception. Another was a holding call on linebacker Matt Shaughnessy on the Eagles final possession. A third was a no-call when the Cardinals felt there was pass interference on a fourth-down incompletion to Michael Floyd the last time Arizona had the ball. Asked if he felt the calls will cost the Cardinals a playoff spot, Arians said, "It possibly could, but I think a lot of things have to happen here in the last four weeks. I would hope that we give up all that talk this week and just focus on the St. Louis Rams." The Cardinals (7-5) are home against the Rams next Sunday. Arians said he sent "about 15 plays" to the NFL for review by Dean Blandino, the NFLs vice-president of officiating. "The proper channels have been followed," the Arizona coach said, "and obviously there were very, very many problems" with the officiating. Arians said Blandino "does a great job. Hes very honest with it. Ive already gotten most of the answers. I got them before I left the locker room yesterday." Arians declined to share what he was told, but asked if he gets any satisfaction from those answers, he said, "No, I just get madder." The Cardinals had rallied from a 24-7 deficit to cut the Philadelphia lead to 24-21 when Peterson intercepted Nick Foles pass at the Eagles 43 with four minutes to play. But Mathieu was called for holding on the play. It would have been the first interception Foles has thrown this season. Arians said "theres no doubt in my mind" that the Cardinals would have scored had Petersons interception stood. "We (had) just put a good drive together," Arians said, "and only needed 10 yards for a field goal to tie it." The Cardinals did get the ball back at their 10-yard line with 2:03 to play. But on third-and-five from the 15, Carson Palmer missed an open Andre Roberts, then on fourth down, Palmers pass to Floyd was incomplete. The Eagles took over on downs and, on third-and-four from the 9, Shaughnessy tackled Foles for a loss but was called for holding, giving Philadelphia a first down and the ability to run out the clock. "He (the Philadelphia player) was blocking Matt on a bootleg play," Arians said. "Matt threw him to the ground and sacked the quarterback. ... It happens every time a guy tries to block you and you sack the quarterback. It was one of those problems (with the officiating)." Thats the way Shaughnessy saw it, too. "He was blocking down on me, and I was fighting the pressure, pushing him outside and he tried to release," Shaughnessy said. "I threw him down and then I went after the quarterback. I thought it was a sack." Linebacker Daryl Washington drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for complaining vehemently about the call. Mathieu avoided any complaints about the call against him when he spoke to reporters on Monday. After the game Sunday, the Arizona rookie said he thought "it was a good play. I was just trying to be a good defensive back and was trying to get a good jam on him." Even if mistakes are acknowledged by the crew headed by referee Tony Corrente, nothing can be done about it now. "As long as everybody owns up to it, you move on," Arians said. "Its part of the game. Were here working our tails off this week. Those guys (the officials) are back at their other jobs." Officiating aside, Arians said the Cardinals, who fell a game behind San Francisco for the final NFC wild card spot, made too many mistakes early against the Eagles and regressed after a four-game winning streak. He said the team cant afford to dwell on what happened in Philadelphia. Going into the game against St. Louis, Arizona has lost eight straight against NFC West foes, including three this year. "If were ever going to do anything, we better start winning our division," Arians said. "Thats our only focus this week. I dont want to hear about anything else in our locker room except winning a division game." Notes: RB Andre Ellington, who missed Sundays game with a knee injury, wont practice Wednesday, Arians said. "Im hoping to have him out there Thursday and Friday, but were not going to rush him," the coach said. "Hes too young and too valuable to cause a long-term problem." Rashaan Evans Jersey . Fans can also watch the game on the newly launched TSN GO (currently available to Bell TV and Rogers customers), which gives TSN subscribers the freedom to live stream the networks programming from their smartphones, tablets, and computers at no additional charge – just as they would watch Canadas Sports Leader on TV at home. The following week, MLS ON TSN is at BMO Field in Toronto to deliver live coverage of TFCs home opener vs. D.C. United on Saturday, March 22 at 4:30 p. Harold Landry Jersey .com) - Novak Djokovic easily took care of Andy Murray to reach the final at the $2. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black-33-Dion-Lewis-Womens-Jersey/ .I dont think it comes to mind in this business, in this game, the Philadelphia Flyers forward said. You dont try to lose games.WINNIPEG -- Winnipeg Jets captain Andrew Ladd thought there was plenty to like about his teams first-period performance Sunday night -- even though they found themselves trailing by two goals. But there was even more to like at nights end, after Ladds late-game equalizer and shootout winner lifted the Jets to a 5-4 win over the San Jose Sharks. Ladd tied the game at 4-4 with 1:43 remaining on a quick shot from the left circle with Blake Wheeler screening goalie Antti Niemi. "We needed a goal at the end," said the left-winger, who notched his fifth goal of the season. "(Bryan Little) made a great play, and I tried to get it off as quick as I could." The Sharks were leading thanks to Dan Boyles second power-play goal of the game. The defenceman finished a precise play when Logan Coutures no-look, backhand pass set him up for an easy goal from point-blank range. Michael Frolik, Dustin Byfulgien and Grant Clitsome added goals for the Jets (8-9-2). Tomas Hertl and Tommy Wingels scored for the Sharks (10-2-5), who lost in a shootout for the third time in their last four games. Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec stopped Couture, Wingels and Boyle as Ladd scored the lone goal in the penalty-shot contest. Niemi stopped 42-of-46 shots for the Sharks, while Pavelec made 30 saves. The Jets, who scored four first-period goals against Nashville on Friday night, were buzzing around Niemi early, but the netminder kept the game scoreless. Winnipeg had a 10-2 lead in shots when Boyles point shot on the power play opened the scoring for San Jose at 14:04. Less than two minutes later, Jason Demers sprung Hertl on a breakaway with an 80-foot pass, and Hertl beat Pavelec with a deke to his forehand for his 10th goal of the season. "The way the game played out, I thought we had a really good first period," Ladd said. "A couple mistakes and were down 2-0. A lot of times its tough to come in and be positive, but I thought we did a good job of that, and a good job of sticking to our game plan." Jets coach Claude Noel thought his tteam responded well to the early two-goal deficit. Luke Falk Jersey. "I thought we were resilient in the game," Noel said. "I thought we didnt lose our focus, we didnt lose our hope, and we easily could have after the first period. "To me it was a huge building block for our team." Even after Boyles second goal, as the game started to slip away, Noel said his bench believed it could force overtime. "We still felt there was time on the clock and we could get some stuff done," he said. Patrick Marleau appeared to have scored the overtime winner for San Jose, but the goal was disallowed when Wingels made contact in the crease with Pavelec. "Its a discretionary call that occurs in a game," said San Jose coach Todd McLellan, adding that ones opinion of the call would likely depend on which team they support. Pavelec thought the call was warranted, as he felt Wingels pushed him in the back. "We made stride as far as our competitiveness," McLellan said. "But I still dont think were at our best." The Jets have won back-to-back contests for the first time since the seasons first two games. The Jets drew even in the second period, beating Niemi three times on 17 shots. Frolik scored off a perfect cross-crease pass from Matt Halischuk to make it 2-1, only to see the Sharks restore their two-goal lead 41 seconds later on a high shot from in tight by Wingels. Byfuglien scored his first goal of the season -- on his 64th shot on goal -- to make it 3-2, and Clitsome drew the Jets even with a wrist shot through traffic from 50 feet out. Notes: A pre-game moment of silence was observed for Remembrance Day, and Second World War veteran Len Kropioski, a Jets season-ticket holder, joined anthem singer Stacey Nattrass on the ice. a The Jets struggles on the power play continued as they went 0 for 2. Winnipeg has one power-play goal in its last 14 games. a San Jose plays its next three games in Western Canada before a trip to Chicago next weekend. a Winnipeg plays in Detroit on Tuesday night before returning home to face Philadelphia. Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: