Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your em

in Fragen 03.08.2018 05:21
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.801 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Chris Baker Bengals Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, Real simple one for you. How did Luke Glendening get called for goalie interference when he appeared to not even touch Braden Holtby who fell on his own? Thanks, Confused Wings Fan Kerry, Watching the Red Wings and Caps game - why was the good goal scored by Detroit in the first period disallowed? Is this not subject to review? Ref clearly did not see what happened on play or he would not have waived off goal. If he wasnt sure why not go to video review? Isnt the goal of the ref to get it right? Could he not have allowed the goal (because he clearly did not see what happened) and go to video review to confirm? E. Parsons Dear Fan and E., You werent the only confused fans when this potential game-changing decision was made by trailing referee Ghislain Hebert to disallow Drew Millers legitimate goal. Instead of the Wings being credited with scoring the first goal of the game they went on the penalty kill when a phantom goalkeeper interference penalty was assessed to Luke Glendening. There is no way to sugar-coat this blown call. Im certain the referee would be the first to admit the play did not happen the way that he thought it did from his position in the neutral zone. There is no value in beating him up over it as mistakes happen. What I want to focus our attention on is the breakdown in the two-referee system that took place in hopes it wont happen again; along with options that might have been available to alter this decision on the ice. Video review is presently unable to provide information or confirmation to referees on penalty infractions so there was no option for them to get involved on this play once the penalty was assessed. Each referee is primarily responsible for areas of coverage dependent upon where the puck is located in respect to their position on the ice. Simply put, the terms action (on and around the puck) and non-action divide these responsibilities and continuously shift between each referee as play transitions to avoid gaps in coverage. Once Braden Holtby vacated his goal crease to play the puck behind the net, end zone referee Mike Leggo was responsible for the action on and around the puck. It was his job to ensure there was no foul committed by Glendening as he pursued the puck. Holtby reversed the puck away from Glendening to teammate Matt Niskanen in the opposite corner to where Leggo was positioned. The referee should have moved off the side boards toward the action in the corner where an aggressive Wings forecheck forced a turnover. From this more ideal vantage point, the end zone referee could have seen that Holtby was untouched by Glendening in addition to viewing the action in the corner. Instead, the referee enters the camera frame off the wall late to wave off a goal having heard his partners whistle blow an instant prior to the puck entering the net. So how could this have altered the decision by the referee in the neutral zone, you might ask? Had it been me on the goal line that clearly observed Holtby trip on his own I would immediately convene a conference with the crew of officials. Hopefully one or both of the linesmen observed the play accurately, but even if they did not I would provide the necessary information to present considerable doubt in the mind of my partner to negate his initial penalty call. With no penalty on the play we would still have to face the problem of his whistle blowing prior to the puck entering the net. By virtue of this whistle, play was officially stopped and therefore the goal could not be allowed under the rules from the ice. This is a time when the whistle would be hard to swallow because the sound did not cause Holtby to stop or affect his ability to defend against the shot into the open net. Even though it would appear morally right to allow the goal, the fact that play had been stopped could not be disregarded on the ice. At this juncture, if no penalty was to be assessed, perhaps the expanded responsibilities granted to Video Review this season in rule 38.4 (viii) could be implemented to make the right call? It states that: The video review process shall be permitted to assist the Referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g. to ensure they are good hockey goals)...This would also include situations whereby the Referee stops play or is in the process of stopping the play because he has lost sight of the puck and it is subsequently determined by video review that the puck crosses (or has crossed) the goal line and enters the net as the culmination of a continuous player where the result was unaffected by the whistle (i.e., the timing of the whistle was irrelevant to the puck entering the net as the end of a continuous play.) One or three of the other officials on the ice should have observed this play accurately and informed referee Hebert of the error of his decision to justly negate a penalty call and perhaps allow Video Review to get involved. If that had been the case the timing of the whistle was irrelevant to the puck entering the net as a result of the continuous play executed by Drew Miller and the right and just decision could be rendered on this good hockey goal. I provide these potential remedies on this play in the absence of a Coaches Challenge that is much needed. Billy Price Jersey . - Robert Griffin III has a sprained throwing shoulder that limited him in practice Wednesday as the Washington Redskins prepared for their season finale against the Dallas Cowboys. Mark Walton Bengals Jersey . Mike Babcock has turned to the Montreal Canadiens goalie over Roberto Luongo, who backed Canada to a gold medal in Vancouver in 2010, for Canadas final preliminary round game against the ailing Finns. http://www.bengalsauthenticproshop.com/Youth-Cordy-Glenn-Bengals-Jersey/ . Milan was held to 1-1 at home by Torino. Cagliari scored six minutes from halftime when Mauricio Pinilla blasted home from the penalty spot after Facundo Roncaglia tripped Marco Sau. The home side could have doubled its tally in stoppage time as first Fiorentina defender Stefan Savic almost scored an own goal then Albin Ekdals shot clipped the top of the upright.SAN ANTONIO -- Led by a no-frills coach, the San Antonio Spurs have long stated the regular season means little to them. Yet even normally stoic San Antonio couldnt hide its emotion on the court, and the satisfaction afterward, of toppling the two-time defending champion Miami Heat. Tim Duncan had 23 points and 11 rebounds, and the Spurs never trailed against the Heat, weathering a sluggish third quarter for an intense 111-87 victory Thursday. "Im sure this has some special meaning, to say something different would be silly," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said, "but we expect them to come out hard and play." In their first home game against Miami since losing a heart-wrenching, seven-game NBA Finals, the Spurs handed the Heat their worst loss of the season. The rematch brought out a raucous sold-out crowd and sparked high emotions from both teams. Players dived recklessly for loose balls and yelled at officials, while Popovich often screamed at his own players. "We needed a game like this," Manu Ginobili said. "Weve been talking (about it) all season long. Our record was probably 1-10, 1-8 or something like that against the top four teams in the league. So we needed a big one, and today we played well. . Its one of those wins that really gets you going." Tony Parker scored 17 points, including 14 in a wild first half, Boris Diaw added 16 and Kawhi Leonard had 11 for the Spurs (45-16), which has won five straight. Chris Bosh had 24 points, LeBron James added 19, Dwyane Wade had 16 and Michael Beasley 11 for Miami (43-16). James, who ditched the protective mask he was wearing early in the first half, was hounded by Leonard into shooting 6 for 18. The Spurs didnt do anything different defensively than they had in the past, James said, but the NBA did. The four-time MVP said the short-sleeved, tight-fitting "El Heat" jerseys Miami had to wear are not conducive for shooting. "Im not making any excuses, but Im not a big fan of the jerseys," James said. "So I have to figure something out next time I have to wear the short-sleeve jerseys. Every time I shoot, it feels like its just pulling right up underneath my arm. I already dont have much room for error on my jump shot anyways, so its definitely not a good thing." James got rid of the mask that protected his broken nose with four minutes left in the first quarter. "I dont like it," James said. "Its that simple; just got frustrated with it early on so I took it off. Cordy Glenn Bengals Jersey. It didnt help me, taking it off. Its probably a game-to-game thing." He missed his first two attempts sans mask, tossing up a wild 14-footer that banged off the front of the rim and backboard, then botching a reverse layup. His first mask-free basket was a 5-foot running floater over Leonard with 6:26 left in the half. "(Leonard) was a pest," Duncan said. "Thats what we need him to be. He stuck his hand in there, knocked some balls away, got some steals, he contested shots. I think he did a great job overall in every aspect." The Spurs opened the fourth quarter on a 13-6 run, returning to the breakneck attack that led to a 17-point lead in the first half. Duncans 18-foot jumper gave San Antonio a 99-85 lead with 3:00 remaining, drawing a fist-pounding of the scorers table by Manu Ginobili as he waited to enter the game. The closing run was needed after the Heat kept the Spurs out of the paint early in the second half, to the point Popovich screamed, "Tony! Attack!" after his All-Star point guard walked the ball up midway through the third period. Miami turned up the heat defensively, closing quickly on every pass. San Antonio was 7 for 22 from the field in the third quarter. Miami was 10 for 18 in the quarter, with James, Wade and Bosh scoring six points each. Miami had cut the lead to 79-74 with 2:00 left in the third period, but could get no closer. "They are difficult to guard," Wade said. "They have a great system and they have a very unselfish team. That is why they are one of the better teams in the league. Thy stay true to their system and believe in it." Parker showed no signs of the lower body problems that sidelined him six games last month, driving unrestrained into the paint. Parker played all but the final two minutes of the first quarter, going 5 for 6 from the field in scoring 10 points and dishing out three assists. "Tonys our setup guy," Duncan said. "He runs our team, he sets our pace, sets our rhythm and he played the right way tonight." NOTES: The Spurs Jeff Ayres (sprained right hand) sat out for the second time in the last three games. Ayres has started 10 games. ... Miami received a rousing ovation when it took the court for pregame warmups, but was booed lustily during introductions. ... James glared at official Kevin Scott after drawing consecutive fouls, starting with a charge. He was mum when he drove headlong into Duncan for his third foul of the quarter and fourth overall. Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: