. But as has been the case so many times this s

in Fragen 06.08.2018 13:10
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Nick Weiler ended up going from goat to hero in the span of 23 seconds.North Carolinas senior kicker saw No. 12 Florida State take a late one-point lead with the difference being a blocked extra point. But the Tar Heels were able to drive 38 yards in three plays, helped by extra yardage due to a pass interference call, to set the stage for Weiler to atone for his earlier mistake.He nailed a career-best, 54-yard field goal as time to expired to give North Carolina a 37-35 win and snap the Seminoles 22-game home winning streak. It was the second straight week that the Tar Heels (4-1, 2-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) won in the final seconds. Last Saturday, they defeated Pittsburgh by one point on a touchdown pass from Mitch Trubisky with two seconds remaining.I knew it was within his distance. That wasnt the issue, North Carolina coach Larry Fedora said of Weilers kick. He had something to prove. After the extra point got blocked, I talked to him on the sideline and said he had to get it out of his head. He got his mind right and we gave him his shot.The Tar Heels had lost three straight games to ranked teams, and the Seminoles are the highest-ranked team they have knocked off on the road since defeating No. 9 Syracuse in 1996.Trubisky had his third straight 400-yard game, completing 31 of 38 passes for 405 yards and three touchdowns. Ryan Switzer had 14 receptions for 158 yards.Florida State (3-2, 0-2) trailed 21-0 in the second quarter but rallied to take a 35-34 lead in the final minute on a 8-yard touchdown run by Deondre Francois. The freshman quarterback, who was 20 of 32 for 372 yards, looked like he was going to be sacked at the UNC 8 but eluded tackles by Mikey Bart and Malik Carney to score.Dalvin Cook accounted for 256 yards of total offense -- 140 yards rushing and 106 receiving -- and three touchdowns. He is the first Florida State back to have a 100-yard rushing and receiving game.We cant keep learning lessons, Cook said. We cant keep letting everybody know that were going to come out flat. And theyre going to jump on us. And then were going to fight back. The team knows that by now.KICKING IT THROUGHEarlier in the game, Weiler was short on a 51-yard try along with the blocked PAT.Weilers game-winning field goal tied the second-longest in school history and he had plenty of distance. He celebrated by running around the field and doing the tomahawk chop.Im pretty sure I blacked out after making the kick. Ive never been that tired or ran that much in a game, Weiler said. Once he gave the hands up I was out, next thing I remember was being on the bottom of the dog pile.Florida States Ricky Aguayo also had a long day as he missed all three of his field goal attempts. He was wide right on two and the other was blocked.POLL IMPLICATIONSIts hard seeing the Seminoles fall from No. 12 to out of the poll but they could if voters into account that FSU is 7-5 in its last 12 games. North Carolina fell out of the rankings after losing its opener to Georgia but this win could put them back in the Top 25.TAKEAWAYSNorth Carolina: Even though the defense continues to struggle -- it allowed 595 yards to FSU -- Trubisky and Switzer are emerging as one of the top duos in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Trubisky has not thrown an interception in 240 attempts this season.Florida State: The Seminoles were considered to be a College Football Playoff contender at the beginning of the season but now needs to string some victories together if it even hopes to make a top-tier bowl game. The defense is allowing 6.98 yards per play, which is among the worst in the Football Bowl Subdivision.UP NEXTNorth Carolina: The Tar Heels host Virginia Tech, who they defeated 30-27 in overtime last season to clinch the Coastal Division title.Florida State: The Seminoles travel to Miami looking to extend their winning streak over the Hurricanes to seven.---Online: The APs college football page: http://collegfootball.ap.org---Follow Joe on Twitter: www.twitter.com/joereedy and his work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/journalist/joe-reedy Cheap NFL Jerseys China . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. http://www.nflcheapjerseysfreeshipping.com/ . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. Authentic NFL Jerseys China . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament.TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays were one hit away from turning things around on Saturday. But like so many other games in a season that has gone off the rails, Torontos clutch moment never came as the Tampa Bay Rays held on for a 4-3 victory. "We had our opportunities, especially late there, but we couldnt get that big one," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. Brett Lawrie walked with one out in the ninth and came around to score on an error by Rays closer Fernando Rodney, but the Blue Jays left runners at second and third when Adam Lind flied to centre. "When you keep nibbling back and keep nibbling back and get within striking range and then you cant strike, its frustrating," said Lawrie, who made an error on a throw from that led to a run in the Rays three-run third inning. The Blue Jays also had the bases loaded with none out in the eighth but couldnt get anything as Rays reliever Joel Peralta got a foul out and two strikeouts. Tampa Bay got two RBIs from rookie right-fielder Wil Myers, while starter Jeremy Hellickson (9-3) won his fifth consecutive decision. The Rays (57-41) have won the first two of the three-game series with the Blue Jays (45-51) and have taken 16 of their last 18. Hellickson allowed five hits, including a home run by Jose Bautista, three walks and two runs in five innings for the Rays before left-hander Alex Torres took over in the sixth. Hellickson said he was not feeling well on Saturday. "After BP (Friday) I started getting a little light-headed and I threw up a little bit," he said. "I think its going around, theres five or six of us who arent feeling too well." Hellickson had a no decision in his previous start on July 10 but is 7-1 over his past nine outings. Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle (5-7) allowed 10 hits and four runs (three earned) in seven innings to take his second consecutive loss. "Maybe were overrated, maybe were not as good as we thought we were," Buehrle said of a Blue Jays team that was expected to contend for the World Series but instead sits last in the American League East. "When we had an 11-game winning streak we had everything going for us. Guys were making play. We were hitting balls just out of the reach of guys and we were making the right pitches at the right time and now it seems like nothing is going our way." The Rays opened the scoring in the first when Desmond Jennings led off with a walk. Ben Zobrist then bunted for a single, Jennings took third on a fly out and scored on Myers sacrifice fly. "It was a battle, probably one of the longest seven inning games time-wise," Buehrle said. "A lot of base runners, falling behind in the counts. That first inning, it was like I forgot how to pittch.dddddddddddd I couldnt throw a strike. Then I got some stuff together then they found some holes and got some guys on base." Tampa Bay added three runs in the third to take a 4-0 lead. Sam Fuld led off with a single, Jennings bunted for a single and Zobrist walked to load the bases. Evan Longoria forced Zobrist at second to score one run before Myers singled in another. Longoria scored when Ryan Roberts forced Myers at second and reached first base on a throwing error by Lawrie. Buehrle was upset with himself on the bunt by Jennings. "It seems like Ive been guessing wrong a lot of times this year," he said. "When the guy squared around to bunt I just automatically go right to third base and he bunts it down the first-base line and its a single instead of waiting a couple of seconds to see where hes going to bunt it. Ive got to do a better job of fielding balls up the middle. "To me, this is one of the worst years Ive had as far as fielding my position, not reading the ball right, some balls getting up the middle and when I do get the ball not making the right throw. A lot of it comes back on me." Bautistas 22nd homer of the season with two out in the bottom of the third cut the lead to 4-1. The Blue Jays scored in the fifth on a groundout by Edwin Encarnacion that scored Jose Reyes from third. Toronto had a golden opportunity to tie or take the lead in the eighth but couldnt capitalize with the bases loaded and none out. Torres walked Bautista and Encarnacion to open the inning before being replaced by Peralta, who walked Lind to load the bases. But as has been the case so many times this season, Toronto couldnt come up with a key hit. Colby Rasmus fouled out, Maicer Izturis was called out on strikes and J.P. Arencibia struck out swinging on a 3-2 pitch to end the threat. "It was Houdini-esque," Rays manager Joe Maddon said of Peralta. "Just a masterful job on his part of managing the moment." Notes: Attendance at Rogers Centre was 42,639. ... Former Blue Jays first baseman Carlos Delgado will be added to the clubs Level of Excellence in a ceremony before Sundays game. ... Both teams were two games above .500 on June 23. Toronto was 38-36, while Tampa Bay stood at 39-37. .. The Rays ended the Blue Jays 11-game winning streak on June 24. ... Rays shortstop Yunel Escobar (strained hamstring) missed his second consecutive game. ...Rays designated hitter Luke Scott singled in the eighth for a career-best 12-game hitting streak. ... RHP R.A. Dickey (8-10, 4.69 earned-run average) will start Sundays series finale for Toronto against RHP Chris Archer (4-3, 2.96 ERA). ... The Blue Jays open an interleague series against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: