Tiger Woods still doesnt know when hell return. For a while, he didnt know whether

in Fragen 07.08.2018 05:40
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.801 Beiträge

Malcolm Butler Titans Jersey . -- Tiger Woods still doesnt know when hell return. For a while, he didnt know whether he would return at all. Woods said Monday his back injury became so debilitating this year it caused him to doubt his ability to play golf again. "Forget about playing golf at the highest level. I couldnt get out of bed," Woods said. "I was certainly doubtful at that point. Whats it going to feel like? Am I going to be pain free? Am I going to be able to actually do this again, where I can to get out of bed, and go out there and play with my kids and play golf? All those things were up in the air." Woods said the doubt was erased after microdiscectomy surgery March 31. He said the procedure, which relieved pain from a pinched nerve, provided immediate relief, although he said theres still "no timetable" for his return to golf -- or even for taking a full swing. As of now, he remains limited to chipping and putting. "Its not going not be up to me whether I play or not, its going to be up to my docs," Woods said. "Obviously, I want to play now." Speaking at Congressional Country Club in his role as host of next months Quicken Loans National, Woods even joked that he wished he could join reporters on the course for their media day rounds -- "even though I dont like to play with you guys." But he offered no hint that he might be anything more than an onlooker for the Quicken Loans tournament on June 26-29 -- or at the U.S. Open at Pinehurst two weeks earlier. Hes already missed the Masters for the first time. To hear Woods, known for unyielding resolve, give voice to doubts is certainly unusual. But this injury is different from those he has endured before. He said rehab has been tedious and its a challenge simply not to join in when his children want to play sports. "Ill tell you what," he said, "I am damn good at video games." When Woods does return, hell resume his pursuit of Jack Nicklaus record of 18 major victories. Woods, 38, sounded as if the surgery has given him a new lease to keep playing for a good while. "I would like to, as all athletes, go out on my own terms," Woods said. "And ultimately I want to continue playing at an elite level as long as I deem I want to do it. For some guys its in their 60s and 70s, and other guys its in their 40s and 50s. "But prior to the surgery, I didnt think I would have much of a playing career if I felt like this. ... Now that Ive had the procedure, Im excited about what the prospects hold, and if Im able to feel this way, Im excited about my career. Im able to do what I want to do for as long as I want to." Dion Lewis Jersey .Steamboat Ski Resort contends Steamboat Springs, Colorado has long been known as Ski Town, U.S.A., and claims in a new lawsuit that Salt Lake tourism officials violated their trademark when they rolled out the Ski City marketing campaign last month. Luke Falk Jersey . And I wanted to take this opportunity to share some of my experiences gained through International competition and the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan. Seven NHL referees and six linesmen will be assigned upcoming games in Sochi by the IIHF as part of their 28-man officiating roster comprised of 14 refs and 14 linesmen. http://www.titansauthenticofficialonline.com/authentic-bennie-logan-jersey.html . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. NEW YORK -- The Boston Marathon bombing was selected the sports story of the year Friday in an annual vote conducted by The Associated Press. Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Authorities say brothers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, ethnic Chechens from Russia who emigrated to the United States as children, planned and carried out the bombings in retaliation for U.S. involvement in Muslim countries. Ninety-six ballots were submitted from U.S. editors and news directors. Voters were asked to rank the top 10 sports stories of the year, with the first-place story receiving 10 points, the second-place story nine points and so on. The marathon attack received 761 points and 67 first-place votes. It was also second in APs national/international story of the year poll. The No. 2 sports story, Lance Armstrongs admission of doping, had five first-place votes and 517 points. The top five stories were grim: terrorism, performance-enhancing drug use, legal settlements, murder charges. The first on-field action came in at No. 6 -- the Boston Red Soxs worst-to-first World Series title, though even that was tinged by the citys heartache less than seven months earlier. Here are 2013s top 10 stories: 1. BOSTON MARATHON BOMBINGS: The throngs of spectators lining the streets at a storied big-city marathon were once a wholesome scene of civic pride and friendly support. Aprils attack came as a haunting reminder that the crowds at a high-profile event are also a vulnerable target. Bag searches and metal detectors were a common sight at games the rest of the year. As victims persevere on prosthetic limbs, the 118th edition of the worlds oldest marathon is set for the spring, with security undoubtedly heightened but runners determined to take part. 2. LANCE ARMSTRONG: The disgraced cyclist was also the No. 2 sports story last year. In 2012, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency stripped him of his record seven Tour de France titles, releasing mounds of evidence that he used PEDs to win them. In January, after years of defiant denials, Armstrong finally admitted it, telling Oprah Winfrey: "Its this myth, this perfect story, and it wasnt true." 3. NFL CONCUSSION SETTLEMENT: The NFLs

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: