This time of year I usually create a New Years wish list for Canadian soccer – what Id like to see happen within the game over t

in Green Valley's Ranch 20.08.2018 08:43
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

This time of year I usually create a New Years wish list for Canadian soccer – what Id like to see happen within the game over the next twelve months. Derrick Favors Jersey . However, this year youll have to wait a little while longer. The Canadian Soccer Association is planning to unveil its brand new 2014-2018 strategic plan sometime in January 2014. If that document contains what Ive heard it contains, many of my wishes for Canadian soccer are about to become reality. Renewed investment in technical leadership? Check. Increased investment in coaching development? Check. National training curriculum? Check. Standards-based leagues across the country? Check. Alignment of governance structures? Check. Either I missed Christmas this year, or Santa has decided to pay Canadian soccer an early visit in 2014. Granted, a strategic plan is only a document; words on paper that need to be turned into action. But for the first time in its over one hundred year history, the CSA will have a simple and concise road map that will serve as its compass for the next five years. The process of formulating the strategic plan was a comprehensive one for the CSA. The strategic planning committee, chaired by Dr. Nick Bontis (Twitter: @NickBontis), went to unprecedented lengths to ensure that every angle was covered and that an exhaustive review of all stakeholders was achieved. Another CSA first, the methodology for developing the plan was entirely inclusive. Starting over 14 months ago, they met with John Herdman, coach of our Olympic bronze medal-winning womens team, Tony Fonseca, the national technical director, as well as with the technical directors of all of the provincial associations. They drew on best practices from soccer nations who share characteristics with Canada, as well as from other sports that are achieving success in Canada. They conducted numerous town hall interviews across the country with subject matter experts to ensure that the top strategic priorities were included in the plan. For the first time in CSA history, they also conducted a large-scale quantitative survey – offering the whole Canadian soccer community a chance to have their say on what was important to them. The survey drew an impressive 3000 respondents from coast to coast. The more information the committee gathered, the clearer the picture became. Certain priorities started percolating to the top of the list. Critically important issues like player development, coaching development and the performance of our national teams ranked highly amongst the technical priorities. Increased media coverage, increased corporate sponsorship and more high-quality international matches on domestic soil were some of the top organizational priorities. While increased communication and policy development and implementation were some of the top administrative priorities. The final document promises to be simple and concise – no more than 2,300 words in length - and will contain four strategic pillars: investment in technical leadership, improved national team performance, responsible growth of the game, and professional governance of our sport. Within these categories are 26 strategic elements in total. Some of these elements will be familiar to you: like the continued adoption of LTPD as a developmental framework. Meanwhile, others are truly groundbreaking. If successful, they could drastically alter our ability to improve the game across the country for years to come. Ill have more on this in the weeks ahead, as some of these unique strategic elements require deeper discussion. For now, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year – there are better times ahead for soccer in Canada in 2014! Adrian Dantley Jazz Jersey .J. - The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Pete Maravich Jersey . Zimmermann became the National Leagues first 16-game winner, pitching seven solid innings to lead the Washington Nationals past the Philadelphia Phillies 3-2 Wednesday night. http://www.authenticjazzproshop.com/Jeff-Hornacek-Jersey/ . So true. It is one thing to create a winning football team, and another to keep it winning. Each and every week it changes. The NFL creates a unique interest of not who is "the best", but much more who is "the best this week".MONTREAL -- Striker Marco Di Vaio ended speculation on his soccer future Friday by announcing that he will retire from the Montreal Impact at the end of the Major League Soccer season. The 38-year-old former Italian Serie-A star, in his third season with the Impact, will play his final two home games Oct. 11 against New England and Oct. 25 against D.C. United. The Rome native scored 142 goals in 342 Serie-A matches with Lazio, Bari, Salternitana, Parma, Juventus, Genoa and Bologna. He added another 31 in 72 MLS games. The announcement ended speculation that he would stay on an extra season because of the chemistry he has developed with new designated player Ignacio Piatti. There had also been reports he would return to his last Italian club to retire as a Bologna player. Di Vaio has said it would be difficult to stay on in Montreal because his wife and children live in Italy. He is expected to take a job in the Bologna organization after his playing career. After a 20-year career, I am pleased to announce that I will be retiring in Montreal as a member of the Impact, Di Vaio said in a statement Friday. I am very proud of what Ive accomplished over two decades as a pro. It was a dream of mine to play at the highest level and I will look to make the best of my final month as a player. He joined the Impact as the expansion MLS clubs first designated player on May 24, 2012. Not content to coast through his final seasons, Di Vaio played with skill and intensity iin Montreal. Dante Exum Jazz Jersey. The stocky forward known as Il Bomber scored 20 goals in 2013, when he was named to the MLS Best XI and was a finalist for league most valuable player honours. He has so far made 62 starts and played a total of 5,636 minutes for Montreal. Everything we asked of Marco has been delivered, said Impact president Joey Saputo. He accepted all the responsibilities that came with being a designated player. He was the first for this club and was the right choice. His quality and experience helped the team progress on the field, but he also helped the club with his wealth of knowledge off of it. He gained respect around the league and from its players, and its very well deserved. He will retire as the teams leader in MLS goals and shots. Di Vaio began his career with Lazio in 1995. After bumping around with a few teams, he was sold for 14 million euros in 2003 to Juventus, who he helped to win a league championship. He also helped the team reach the Champions League final in 2003, scoring four goals in 11 matches. He then moved for 10.5 million euros to Spanish club Valencia, where he played from 2004 to 2006, scoring 11 goals in 35 La Liga matches. Di Vaio joined Bologna in 2008. He served as captain for two seasons and scored 65 goals in 143 games. He had two goals in 14 international matches for Italy. He played in the 2004 European championship with Impact defender Matteo Ferrari and former Impact forward Bernardo Corradi. Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: