first poor performance of the season, opens the series against right-ha

in Fragen 24.08.2018 16:42
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The start of the 2016-17 season for Russell Westbrook almost couldnt have gone any better and hell try to keep it going when the Oklahoma City Thunder host the Phoenix Suns on Friday.Not only did the point guard lead his team to a comeback 103-97 victory over host Philadelphia on Wednesday, but he narrowly missed a triple-double with 32 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists.As he enters his ninth year, Westbrook continues to transform from an aggressive scoring guard to an all-around point guard who can take over games in a variety of ways.Its just taking my time, being patient, poised and managing the game, Westbrook said. Its part of my job, to be able to manage the game at a high level and thats a huge thing for me moving forward with this team.But it was the defense the Thunder displayed in final minutes against the 76ers that really stood out. They had to come up with three consecutive stops, including a blocked shot by guard Andre Roberson and guard Victor Oladipo taking a charge to secure the win.I think that was the key, Thunder forward Enes Kanter said. When you try to finish the game, when you try to finish the fourth quarter, I think the most important thing is the defense. Everybody was focused, everybody did a good job.Opening night was not as kind for the Phoenix Suns. They were at home Wednesday taking on fellow Pacific Division rival Sacramento and fell 113-94.The Suns got off to start shooting the ball, but trailed 57-38 at half. Using their reserves, however, Phoenix was able to go on a run in the third quarter and cut the lead to 10. But that would be as close as they would get.Guard Eric Bledsoe was back on the court for the first time since a season ending knee injury in December. He scored 16 points in his return. Guard Devin Booker led the team with 18.However, having the second unit play as well as it did was a positive note Phoenix coach Earl Watson can carry into the Suns game with the Thunder.The momentum changed everything, Watson told The Arizona Republic. Our second unit, we just played young guys, let them play aggressive, let them have fun, be creative. They played with a lot of passion. It was fun to watch.It was also a way for Watson to send a message to his veterans who under-performed and played with lackluster effort at the start.The way I addressed the team was, you cant use, Were young, Watson told Arizonasports.com. Our young guys got us in the game. Our veterans have to come and have to play with the same passion.Even though the Suns are coming off a contest in which their offense inconsistent, the Thunder are wary of the explosive squad.They are a very, very fast team, an explosive team, Thunder coach Billy Donovan said of the Suns. Their backcourt with Book and Brevin Knight has speed. Along with Bledsoe, they can shoot the ball. (Tyson) Chandler is one of the great rollers to the rim and a great post defender. They have the ability to play small. They are a different team than Philadelphia, but it will be a challenge. Cheap Authentic Jerseys . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Wholesale Jerseys USA Online . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. http://www.wholesalejerseys.pro/ . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. Jerseys From China . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Jerseys China .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. BOSTON -- Two teams extremely happy to see the calendar flip to July get together for three games at Fenway Park beginning Friday.One of the teams -- the host Boston Red Sox -- still has a chance to fix things and stay in the pennant race.The Los Angeles Angels, 8-19 in June, have lost nine of their last 10 and sit in last place in the American League West with a 32-47 record. That sounds, even this early, like a lost season.Meanwhile, the Boston Red Sox -- 10-16 in June -- are still in position to contend and open a nine-game homestand that leads up to the All-Star break.Both teams have held team meetings in recent days, the Angels after being swept by the Houston Astros for the second straight week and the Red Sox after the Tampa Bay Rays ended an 11-game losing streak with a win over Boston on Monday.The Red Sox won Tuesday before losing Wednesday to end a 2-4 trip.I like this team, I like our guys, I like the way we come in here every day and the effort that we continue to put forth, Red Sox manager John Farrell said after his team was shut out for the third time this season Wednesday. Weve got some adjustments and some work to do in certain areas. But this is a group that doesnt roll over and Im firmly confident in them.The meeting came after Eduardo Rodriguez was shelled in the series opener as second baseman Dustin Pedroia shouting at the pitcher on the mound. Rodriguez was sent to the minor leagues after the game, and the Red Sox still havent named a Sunday starter against the Angels.Rick Porcello and the offense stopped the bleeding and ended a three-game losing streak -- the Red Sox still havent lost four in a row this season, but Matt Moore and two relievers stifled the Boston attack and David Price had another disappointing outing Wednesday.ddddddddddddHanley Ramirez left that game with a right side injury after taking a hard swing but after the game said hed be fine.Just my side got really tight, Ramirez said. I talked to John and were just trying to prevent something big. He told me that, Were not going to put your season on the line. Take care of that and be ready to go Friday.The Red Sox, who have already used six different players in left field, hope to get Brock Holt (concussion) back soon.They wont be getting any sympathy from the Angels, who have already used 43 players this season.The Angels gave up 37 runs in six losses to the Astros.I dont think these guys are taking losing in stride, and thats a positive, but it has to be tempered with filtering out some of the frustration that could easily creep into a clubhouse or a dugout, manager Mike Scioscia said Wednesday. Those guys seem like theyre playing free and giving it everything they have, but the results arent there.Bostons Steven Wright, coming off his first poor performance of the season, opens the series against right-hander Jhoulys Chacin, who beat the Red Sox while with the Atlanta Braves earlier this season but is only 3-6 overall. He was 1/3 with an 8.59 ERA in five June starts with 17 walks and seven strikeouts.Wright lasted 4 2/3 innings, yielding seven hits and eight runs (three unearned) in a loss at Texas last time out. He also surrendered only his second June home run in that game. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: