T20, one-sided games can be really one-sided - the end result becomes apparent so

in Fragen 24.08.2018 16:44
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Heather OReilly scored in her final international game and Carli Lloyd had a hat trick to lead the U.S. womens national team to a 9-0 victory over Thailand on Thursday night.Three of the U.S. teams goals, including OReillys, came within the opening five minutes. OReilly previously announced that she is retiring following a 15-year run with the national team.The match drew attention at the start when midfielder Megan Rapinoe knelt during the national anthem in solidarity with NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who is refusing to stand in protest of racial inequality in the United States. Rapinoe came in as a sub to start the second half.The game was also notable because it was the teams first since goalkeeper Hope Solo was suspended for six months. And it was the first game for the U.S. team since it was ousted from the Rio Olympics in the quarterfinals last month.The three-time defending champion Americans were eliminated by Sweden, which advanced on penalty kicks. Afterward, Solo called the Swedes a bunch of cowards for their defensive tactic.Solo was suspended and her contract with the U.S. team terminated shortly after the games. U.S. Soccer made it clear the suspension was the result for a culmination of incidents with Solo, who was also suspended from the team for 30 days early last year.Ashlyn Harris started in goal in her place.Carli Lloyd headed home a pass from OReilly in the first minute and scored again off a feed off her in the 60th. Her third came in the 8st minute. It was her seventh career hat trick -- she also scored three goals in the World Cup final last year.Alex Morgan scored a pair of goals, while Christen Press, Tobin Heath and Crystal Dunn also scored for the United States.OReillys goal was the 47th of her career. When she was subbed out in the 87th minute, the crowd gave her a standing ovation. OReilly cried as she hugged her teammates.OReilly, who wore the captains band against Thailand, finishes her international career with 231 international appearances, ranking her seventh in national team history.The 31-year-old has three Olympic gold medals with the team, as well as last years World Cup title.At the 2004 Athens Olympics, OReilly scored the winning goal in overtime for a 2-1 U.S. semifinal victory over Germany. She was the youngest player on the team.OReilly subbed in for Mia Hamm in her final match in 2004 and wore Hamms No. 9 jersey for the rest of her career.At the 2008 Beijing Games, she scored 40 seconds into a group-stage match against New Zealand. She scored again in the 4-1 semifinal victory over Japan.Probably her most memorable goal came at the 2011 World Cup in Germany against Colombia. Struck at distance, it was a finalist for goal of the year.OReilly was an alternate on the U.S. team that played at the Rio Games. Nike Air Force 1 Alte Bianche . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Nike Tanjun Bianche . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. http://www.scarpenikescontate.it/nike-air-huarache-sconti.html . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. Nike Air Force 1 Uomo . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. Nike Blazer Scontate Online . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Who I expected to winLooking at West Indies T20 exploits over the last two years, and Pakistans alarming decline in the format, West Indies were the favorites. Im not much of a predictor, and yet the absence of some big names in West Indies, coupled with Pakistans new captain that people are raving about, I had a small hope of a Pakistani victory.Team supportedPakistan. Obviously. And yet West Indies has forever been my second favorite team. So although I wanted Pakistan to win, I didnt want it to be dominant.Key performerImad Wasim virtually ended the game in the third over, taking three wickets in his first two overs. This included Evin Lewis, the guy that had smashed a 100 against India just two games back, and Samuels (the king of T20 finals). He later returned in the 10th over to end any remaining West Indian hopes, dismissing the bowler annihilators Kieron Pollard and Carlos Brathwaite in the same over.WI 47-7; Imad Wasim 5-14; end of match.One thing youd have changed about the dayOh what I wouldnt have given for Chris Gayle, Darren Sammy and Andre Russell to have been a part of this match. West Indies looked seriously depleted without them. And these are some serious entertainers we are talking about. The experience of the match was poorer without them.The face-off you relishedSamuel Badree and Sunil Narine against the young Pakistani batsmen. They had dismantled Pakistan in the past: in the WT20 2014 in Dhaka with combined figures of 6-26 in 8 overs. Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Laitf and Babar Azam did considerably better against them losing just a single wicket and scoring at seven an over, though admittedly with a considerably smaller target.I was also desperate to see Umar Akmal bat again. Hes one of my favorite players from Pakistan and I was happy to see him back. Sadly, he never got to bat.Wow momentJugalbandi - a term that signifies a duet of musicians. Unlike the PSL final, I had brought my own Darbuka (arabic drum) to the stadium, after much persuasion of the security guards who kindly let me go. As the second innings began, another guy showed up with a drum. We sat together and started playing Pakistani cultural drum beats which is how the festivities began in our stands. Pakistan was winning, people were happy, so a lot of people joined in the clapping and dancing.Shot of the dayThe cover drive from Babar Azam to Badree was beautiful to watch. The ball drifted in on leg stump, and Babar nonchalantly made room and caressed the ball effortlessly through the covers. It was a glimpse into the future of Babar, and the promisse he holds for Pakistani batting.dddddddddddd The crowd was suitably impressed.Crowd meterIt was a full house. I was sitting in the top tier which was overflowing. People were even sitting on the stairs next to the seats, waiting for people vacate their seats.The crowd wasnt too energetic and I cant really blame them. With the kind of heat and suffocating humidity in the ground, it was a challenge just staying in to watch the match.Pakistan had overwhelming support. Dispersed in the sea of green, you could spot some West Indian supporters as well. The thing about West Indies is, they find popular support wherever they go, and that includes the people supporting the other team.In the absence of players like Gayle, Sammy and Shahid Afridi, the crowd favourite was Dwayne Bravo. Four rows below me was a group of enthusiastic Pakistani DJ Bravo supporters who included his name in many local slogans throughout the match.The Dubai saunaThe size of the crowd was remarkable considering how stiflingly hot it was in the ground. It was a proper sweat fest. The surrounding dust and sand made the conditions unbearable. Many people were standing at the very back, which was the only place you could feel a little breeze and get much-needed respite. Most of us took turns to go stand there and dry our completely wet clothes while other friends guarded our seats.The heat simply left no room for fancy dresses. I admire the courage of the few who had dared to paint their faces.EntertainmentDubai International Cricket Stadium probably has one of the more pointless PA programs. You can hardly hear anything said over it. Even the songs they played were somehow drowned out - you couldnt really understand much. The PA programs during the PSL were actually much better.OverallA disappointing experience overall, considering only one team showed up. West Indies have built a great T20 reputation and it was sad that I didnt get to see it at the stadium yesterday. Pakistans intensity in the field was surprisingly high and fielded really well. West Indies fielding, usually so good, perhaps mirrored their batting display. As is the trend with T20, one-sided games can be really one-sided - the end result becomes apparent so early in the game you dont really enjoy it.Marks out of 105/10. And thats because Pakistan won. The one-sided nature of the match, absence of big names from the West Indies team, and the heat - not a great combination. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: